U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 10-11-2011, 12:08 PM

297 posts, read 278,134 times
Default JFK to Mount Kisco

Can someone tell me the best way to get from JFK to Mt Kisco? I am thinking on taking the train but where in the city would I catch it to get me to Mt Kisco?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 10-11-2011, 12:32 PM

2,457 posts, read 2,306,809 times
You can take Metro North to Mt. Kisco. Check out the East of Hudson line:
MNR Schedules

Metro North leaves from Grand Central Station. To get there from the airport, I would recommend taking the NY Airport Service bus to Grand Central from JFK: New York Airport Service Transportation - JFK- LGA- Manhattan It's very easy.

If you wanted to do a train the whole way, then you could take the Air Train from JFK to the A/E line:
MTA - Airtrain JFK: Make the Connection. From there you could take the A/E to 42nd St - Pt Authority, then the 7 to Grand Central.

I personally would take the bus to GCT. Someone else might offer better options.

Last edited by mc33433; 10-11-2011 at 12:41 PM..

Unread 10-11-2011, 12:37 PM

1,365 posts, read 350,836 times
taxi service.

Or else take the A or E train to 42nd st, at 42nd st transfer to the 7 or shuttle train and take one of those train to grand central. At Grand Central, buy a ticket to the mt kisco station.

Unread 10-11-2011, 02:12 PM

606 posts, read 705,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americasman View Post
Can someone tell me the best way to get from JFK to Mt Kisco? I am thinking on taking the train but where in the city would I catch it to get me to Mt Kisco?
I would cab it. The cab would take appxly a lil' over an hour; depending on traffic. Otherwise, you're just going to be schlepping all over the place and get there in over 2 hours!

Here is a link that you can get directions from via mass transportation (click on get directions and then click on bus icon

mount kisco - Google Maps

Unread 10-11-2011, 02:23 PM

1,365 posts, read 350,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBabe View Post
I would cab it. The cab would take appxly a lil' over an hour; depending on traffic. Otherwise, you're just going to be schlepping all over the place and get there in over 2 hours!

Here is a link that you can get directions from via mass transportation (click on get directions and then click on bus icon

mount kisco - Google Maps
I agree on cabbing it. Depending on how many luggages you have taking the train will be a nightmare. I believe you get a flat rate when you take a yellow cab from the airport to your final destination. You can also try Carmel and see what their rate is online.

Unread 10-11-2011, 04:17 PM

9,035 posts, read 13,596,687 times
A cab might be more expensive than a reputable car service, as fares to Westchester are calculated differently. The bus to GCT and then MNRR is pretty easy, actually. Mount Kisco then has local cab service if not being met by vehicle at the station.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Unread 10-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Status: "Freezing in Coastal New Hampshire" (set 21 days ago)

9,045 posts, read 10,909,720 times
Let me put this in the right sequence for you and add more details to help you:

1. Take airtran (link below) to Jamaica Station.
2. At jamaica Station take the E train towards the city. Take it the Lexington Ave/53rd St station in Manhattan. ONLY take the E Train headed towards the city.
3. From the Lex/53rd St station, transfer (free) 1 stop to the downtown #6 train to Grand Central Station.
4. At Grand Central Station, take the Metro North (Harlem Line) towards Mount Kisco.

Oy. Its going to be a pain. I did a google and found a limo service from JFK to Mt K and they charge 80 bucks.
Mount Kisco JFK taxi John F Kennedy airport limousine (http://www.nyvantour.com/ny-nj-ct-airports/jfk-john-kennedy/666-mount-kisco-jfk-taxi-john-f-kennedy-airport-limousine.html?resetfilters=0&clearordering=0&clea rfilters=0 - broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc33433 View Post
You can take Metro North to Mt. Kisco. Check out the East of Hudson line:
MNR Schedules

Metro North leaves from Grand Central Station. To get there from the airport, I would recommend taking the NY Airport Service bus to Grand Central from JFK: New York Airport Service Transportation - JFK- LGA- Manhattan It's very easy.

If you wanted to do a train the whole way, then you could take the Air Train from JFK to the A/E line:
MTA - Airtrain JFK: Make the Connection. From there you could take the A/E to 42nd St - Pt Authority, then the 7 to Grand Central.

I personally would take the bus to GCT. Someone else might offer better options.

Unread 10-12-2011, 05:45 PM

3,185 posts, read 2,834,804 times
NY Airport Express has bus service to Grand Central for $15: New York Airport Service Transportation - JFK- LGA- Manhattan

It may not be faster, but it's definitely easier than making 2 transfers (AirTrain->(E)->(6))

Here are the Metro-North fares: http://mta.info/mnr/html/planning/fares/TicketFares.pdf

It's $14.25 during rush hour and $10.75 off-peak (remember to buy the ticket before boarding, unless your train is about to depart. In that case, just pay the extra fee).

Here are the schedules: MNR Schedules

Click on the Harlem Line schedule for either the weekday or weekend, whenever you are traveling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City