U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 09:03 PM

8,521 posts, read 13,548,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsidewunda View Post

made my day :d
wow.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 05:22 AM

4,891 posts, read 8,980,277 times
Would have been better if he fell off.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:13 AM

1,362 posts, read 1,489,870 times
I feel a lot of copycats will emerge due to this dude. I saw the video on Fox5 news.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:25 AM

12 posts, read 15,674 times
@ 2:10
Quote:
"he know what he's doing, he's a professional"
:d

Old 10-12-2011, 08:28 AM

2,420 posts, read 4,195,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artzilla View Post
People considering doing that need to know that if the conductor catches them doing it, the train is going to come to an abrupt stop. Which could send the "rider" flying off. But now I will know to watch the outside of the cars when traveling outside of the tunnels.
Then shortly afterwards he (or more likely his estate) would be New York City's newest millionaires after they sue the MTA for slamming on the brakes while they knowingly had someone barely hanging onto the outside of the train when they could have simply come to a normal stop.

Not that I'd agree with that, as I think you'd be doing a service to the gene pool to toss this guy under the wheels, but that's the easiest wrongful death lawsuit ever.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:56 AM

10,328 posts, read 12,417,631 times
Default Nerves of steel..

And foolishness..This is an easy way to wind up chopped meat.

Slighty Reminds me of my days in Gravesend when me and my pals as kids would ride the back of the Ice cream truck. The old man used to grab a bat and yell at us.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:01 AM

292 posts, read 595,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
Then shortly afterwards he (or more likely his estate) would be New York City's newest millionaires after they sue the MTA for slamming on the brakes while they knowingly had someone barely hanging onto the outside of the train when they could have simply come to a normal stop.

Not that I'd agree with that, as I think you'd be doing a service to the gene pool to toss this guy under the wheels, but that's the easiest wrongful death lawsuit ever.
The MTA is not the one that put him in that position to begin with. Also, if he rides through a tunnel like that, and gets impaled or hit in the head by a piece of equipment sticking out of one of the walls, I wonder if his family would also sue.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:08 AM

2,420 posts, read 4,195,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artzilla View Post
The MTA is not the one that put him in that position to begin with. Also, if he rides through a tunnel like that, and gets impaled or hit in the head by a piece of equipment sticking out of one of the walls, I wonder if his family would also sue.
I'm not talking about him getting impaled on something, but falling off the train as a direct result of the conductors decision to slam on the brakes, while knowing there was someone hanging onto the outside and knowing what happens to a train when you slam on the brakes.

If I was the conductor and I didn't have to worry about the consequences however, that's exactly what I would do.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:19 AM

3,061 posts, read 6,136,888 times
Let Steve McQueen rest in peace, and please don't do his stunts!

Old 10-12-2011, 09:45 AM

292 posts, read 595,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
I'm not talking about him getting impaled on something, but falling off the train as a direct result of the conductors decision to slam on the brakes, while knowing there was someone hanging onto the outside and knowing what happens to a train when you slam on the brakes.

If I was the conductor and I didn't have to worry about the consequences however, that's exactly what I would do.
The idea behind pulling the emergency brake when someone does this and the train still has platform beside it, is so the person falls onto the platform while it's still there, as opposed to onto the tracks. When the train is out in a tunnel/between stations, the practice is likely more along the lines of bringing the train to a controlled stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City