Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2011, 02:00 PM

78 posts, read 376,918 times

Advertisements

I live in Ridgewood, next to the L train and B38 bus route. And a few blocks away is the M train. In a few days, i need to go to the Metrotech center in downtown brooklyn. I am looking into some thoughts for the fastest and quickest way for my commute.

1) Take the B38 bus all the way down the route till downtown brooklyn (I have taken this route plenty of times, and it always takes about a hour or longer and is often very very slow)
2) L train to Broadway Junction, transfer to express A train or local C train to Jay St
3) L train to 14st/union square for R train, or 6th ave for F train or 8th ave for a train

According to google transit directions, it seems Option 2 is about 10-15 mins quicker then just directly taking the bus..Hmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 10:53 AM

2,896 posts, read 9,811,642 times
Need a number for a car service?

Old 10-10-2011, 12:53 PM

615 posts, read 1,676,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottMAN98405cc View Post
I live in Ridgewood, next to the L train and B38 bus route. And a few blocks away is the M train. In a few days, i need to go to the Metrotech center in downtown brooklyn. I am looking into some thoughts for the fastest and quickest way for my commute.

1) Take the B38 bus all the way down the route till downtown brooklyn (I have taken this route plenty of times, and it always takes about a hour or longer and is often very very slow)
2) L train to Broadway Junction, transfer to express A train or local C train to Jay St
3) L train to 14st/union square for R train, or 6th ave for F train or 8th ave for a train

According to google transit directions, it seems Option 2 is about 10-15 mins quicker then just directly taking the bus..Hmm

Use this source for commuting within the City:

HopStop.com - Transit Directions: Subway, Train, Bus, ferry, Bike & Taxi

Old 10-10-2011, 01:39 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:

Do you live near the B54 bus? Maybe you can take that too? I know the last stop is Jay Street and the former Myrtle Avenue.

But the L to the Junction, then the A IMO is the fastest and most reliable route.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-11-2011, 06:50 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
cottman,

I'd eat the 15 minutes extra and hop on the bus with a good book rather than running helter skelter through 3 boroughs.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:02 AM

5,462 posts, read 5,707,576 times
Quote:
This looks like the faster option, except don't take the C, always take the A.
Quote:
If you're at union square, don't take the R, take the Q. If you take the LAST subway car on the Brooklyn bound Q train you'll pop up right next to Metrotech on DeKalb avenue Q train stop. That exist is across the street from the Toren.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:27 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
If it was me, I'd stay on the B38--no transfers necessary. But if you're going to use the subway, I'd do one of two things: L to 8 Avenue and transfer for the A or C to Jay Street. Or M to Essex Street and transfer to the F.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:41 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Fred,
How did you get that subtle glow around your name?

Old 10-17-2011, 06:17 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Fred,
How did you get that subtle glow around your name?
It's hard to describe. I think it's because I was born with a condition called "mapmania." When all the other kids in school scrunched up their faces at the thought of learning about maps, I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Working for MTA and understanding the system better than the average New Yorker doesn't hurt either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City