U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 12:22 PM

11 posts, read 17,254 times

Advertisements

times square is the bomb for me since i been away from nyc for a minute. lol. maybe after a while i'll be good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 01:04 PM

224 posts, read 255,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
a resort getaway for ghetto ass people from the outter boroughs on weekends.
You read my mind!!!

I like that Times Square is there...its a huge tourist attraction and a unique part of this city, but I personally hate going there.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:14 PM

84 posts, read 194,270 times
I'm really tired of hearing this, Times Square is for tourist its not for REAL New Yorkers what the hell is that supposed to mean? Times Square is a tourist attraction but its for people who wanna be entertained who want to go dining or shopping nothing more than that. Can someone explain to me what a real New Yorker is? An Irish or Italian American named Vinny or Marty from somewhere in Brooklyn or Queens?

Old 10-18-2011, 08:32 AM

1,362 posts, read 1,492,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
a resort getaway for ghetto ass people from the outter boroughs on weekends.
Yo, i am going to forty duece on Friday. Wanna come??

Old 10-18-2011, 09:20 AM

917 posts, read 1,704,693 times
I hate how crowded it always is. And people want to walk sooooo slow.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:22 PM

2,016 posts, read 3,565,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Klato View Post
on the weekends I don't head past two fifth...its too far son

Old 10-19-2011, 12:12 PM

62 posts, read 132,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Klato View Post

LOL! Yeah i hear that on the subway from the hoodlum high school kids with there lil $50 allowance in there pockets, thinking that they are balling....SMH!

Yeah I used to love going there a whole lot a few years back before my taste in weekend "fun" matured. Smh the most annoying are the kids trying to sell the comedy club tickets! & the 'Rappers' trying to get you to buy their NEW ALBUM..SMH!!!!
I'm over the whole big lights n stuff. I only go when family from out of state are in town, even then I get aggrivated at their "0oo0o0o's" & "Ahhhhh's". Other than that no thanks!...but i can appreciate the pedestrian areas to sit and dine smack dab in the middle of Times Square, or just to relax n parlay, that was genius.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Status: "I have "a thing" for duplex apartments" (set 1 day ago)

19,298 posts, read 32,757,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Fernandez View Post
I'm really tired of hearing this, Times Square is for tourist its not for REAL New Yorkers what the hell is that supposed to mean? Times Square is a tourist attraction but its for people who wanna be entertained who want to go dining or shopping nothing more than that. Can someone explain to me what a real New Yorker is? An Irish or Italian American named Vinny or Marty from somewhere in Brooklyn or Queens?
Second this. I don't see what the big deal is. Unless you work around there, you're not exactly forced to be in the area.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-19-2011, 12:33 PM

1,494 posts, read 2,261,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Fernandez View Post
A real NYer is either someone born and raised in NYC or someone who has lived here long enough to have the same knowledge of the city and has embraced this place as their permanent home.

If you've been around the city long enough, you know the good stuff isn't in Times Square. And frankly, yes Times Square is for tourists. It's all marketing and chain restaurants that contribute nothing to the neighborhood other than crappy food at inflated prices and chintzy souvenirs- this is not how long term residents like to spend their time.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:50 PM

771 posts, read 829,028 times
here is a thought, don't go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City