U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-19-2012, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Bronx
14,876 posts, read 17,443,718 times
Reputation: 7538

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Yes..and Obama is the president therefore blacks are all equal and race no longer exists.
Mind you that there is black and obama black.

 
Old 06-19-2012, 02:27 PM
 
8,750 posts, read 15,567,530 times
Reputation: 4168
Well Obama is no more black than he is white. Why call him black? If Derek Jeter were president and married to Faith Evans, would you say he was a black president? Nope. Why not?
 
Old 06-19-2012, 02:52 PM
 
6,909 posts, read 9,045,393 times
Reputation: 2861
I think if that bike were parked unsecured somewhere in western Kentucky, someone would've stolen it anyway.
 
Old 06-19-2012, 05:20 PM
 
Location: West Harlem
6,886 posts, read 7,836,615 times
Reputation: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Your comparison between current day Chinese slave labor and african-american slavery which is long dead is absurd.
In fact, I do not agree. The improvement today is that people can educate themselves and not support the different systems. But the mentality is the same, exploit for profit.

What can you do ? For example ... do not shop at Walmart ! Ever.

Do not buy cosmetics tested on animals.

And so on.

This is a very good web site that presents the results of research on different unsavory and unethical involvements:

Global Witness |
 
Old 06-19-2012, 05:32 PM
 
6,963 posts, read 5,450,935 times
Reputation: 3448
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
As politically incorrect (in today's world) to vocally say that it was the increase population of Blacks and Spanish people (particularly puerto ricans in the Bronx) that caused White people to flee the Bronx, that is the truth. It's an inconvenient truth to the Blacks and Puerto Ricans but it is what it is. The "transplants" (blacks & puerto ricans) brung with them a different culture and way of living that were below standard of the status quo back then. They were more aggressive and in your face type with nothing to lose. Yes there was the Italian mob, as well as some unruly and drunk Irish people but the underlying morals and standard of living still existed in these mobster or drunk Irish men that didn't leak into the neighborhood and made the neighborhood less desirable. Black and puerto rican were more aggressive and took it to another level. It was a different "in your face" breed of undesirable that made the previous undesirables look like wimps.

Hilltopjay go back a century and you would read that teh WASPS and the German Jews fled certain neigthborhoods when the hordes off Ellis Island (Irish, East European Jews and Italians) arrived.


Please do not reveal yourself a sthe racist that we all know you are by mis representing NYC history. Five Points was way more ghetto than any neighborhood today and yet it was mainly WHITE.

N ow run along and tell all of those ambitious blacks and PRs that their attempts to raise themselves and their kids (in the face of bigotry frtom racists like you) are a waste because people like you define them as "dark hordes" no matter what they do. You see its the fact that they are dark that matters to you, not their personal charateristics.

No wonder so many young kids associate low life behavior with being black or Latin and feel to do better is a waste of their time. People like you will never notice them because you have already decided what they are by virtue of what they look like, not by what they do.
 
Old 06-19-2012, 05:33 PM
 
4,911 posts, read 6,827,084 times
Reputation: 4279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
In fact, I do not agree. The improvement today is that people can educate themselves and not support the different systems. But the mentality is the same, exploit for profit.

What can you do ? For example ... do not shop at Walmart ! Ever.

Do not buy cosmetics tested on animals.

And so on.

This is a very good web site that presents the results of research on different unsavory and unethical involvements:

Global Witness |

I am not sure you are reading what I was saying correctly. I was explaining to Sobro that he cannot compare current day chinese slave labor, which we all can or cannot choose to help promote and/or exploit; to the past practices of african-american slavery which none of us and the majority of our ancestors had literally nothing to do with.

Or maybe I am misreading your response, I dunno...
 
Old 06-19-2012, 05:35 PM
 
6,963 posts, read 5,450,935 times
Reputation: 3448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster Ave Guy View Post
Dude,

I don't understand your comment at all. I have a lot of "Dark" pals and we hang out a lot..

So we can conclude that you hang with gangstas because you imply that black=gangsta.
Now you could have said the element of the black community which is gangsta. But no black=gangsta in your eyes do no further definitions are needed.

You do know that the northermost parts of Wakefield, and many parts of SE Queens and SE Brooklyjn have majority professional/management/office worker/paraprofessional populations.

No but to you darkness means criminal behavior.
 
Old 06-19-2012, 05:39 PM
 
6,963 posts, read 5,450,935 times
Reputation: 3448
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
What does that have to do with the jews and their immaculate success after thousands of years of slavery and persecution?

The most runious aspect of TransAtlantic slavery wa sthe destruction of culture, identity and self esteeem. And especially of the family structure. The cfontemporary culture of the blacks of the Americas arose as a result of slavery as there is no ancestral memory of life before that.

Jews had their own religion, family values etc and no attempt was made to destroy this.

Now did Jews go around worshipping some one who was depicted as looking like their slave masters even though logic dictates that Jesus certain wasnt white, using US definitions of "whiteness".
 
Old 06-20-2012, 07:46 AM
 
770 posts, read 891,974 times
Reputation: 529
Default How Long the MEMORY, how short the Reason

All,

This is an endless loop. Uncivil behavior and criminal activites no matter the race is wrong. Good folks of all colors and background don't want to put up with it, they either vote with their feet or succumb to having to live in a less secure society.

Personal responsiblity is the only way out. Man or Woman up.
 
Old 06-20-2012, 08:11 AM
 
8,750 posts, read 15,567,530 times
Reputation: 4168
I can agree with that Webster...nobody is arguing that point. Where we don't agree is the fact that you ONLY assign blame on "personal responsibility" and do not acknowledge the system that has created this behavior.

You can "Man Up" all you want, but when someone won't hire you because of your color, or you don't have the advantages of good schools, neighborhoods etc because for generations your family wasn't allowed to participate in society/generate or bequeath wealth/buy homes, etc, and because for generations you are relegated to the bottom rung with no access to capital, professional networks/relationships, how exactly do you "Man Up"? By saying it?

And that's where we differ. Keep blaming the people, but ignoring what caused the situation is grossly ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top