U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2011, 08:58 PM

14,836 posts, read 17,423,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
I agree with Joeysmash. He has a point. I was born and still live in the Bronx. I also own property in the Bronx as I am a landlord. My apartment building is located in the Norwood section of the Bronx which was once (not too long ago) mainly a Irish and Jewish community. From my PERSONAL experience as a business owner and a person who pays attention to trends that may effect my business, the "ghettoness" that once was mainly confined to areas below Bedford Park, are and have been showing their ugly heads in the traditionally "nicer" Northern sections of the Bronx such as Norwood, Mosholu and Van Cortlandt. The demographics in these area are rapidly changing for the worse. That's not good for business, especially for someone like me that want to preserve what ever desirable qualities Norwood still has to offer.

Just like a storm cloud or cold front that moves from west to east or south to north, the GHETTO cloud or GHETTO front is unfortunately moving or migrating NORTH. Not a good thing for me since I am heavily invested in keeping Norwood desirable for the sake of my livelihood.

Based on my observations, ALL the displaced Dominicans from Washington Heights and all the displaced Blacks from Harlem and Brooklyn have been migrating to the Bronx, specifically the Northern sections of the Bronx. I guess cause the rent is cheaper here than where they're coming from. The same migration goes for people that live in the "ghetto" hot zones aka the south Bronx (south of Fordham Rd) as they to have a desire to move to what they view as a nicer (compared to the south Bronx) Northern Bronx to escape the full blown hood.

Little do this "Angels" realize that they TO ARE GHETTO themselves (they need to take a good look at the mirror) and are the very same people that contributed to the ghettoness of their former south bronx neighborhood. So now when these people move to the North Bronx from those areas, they bring their cancerous lifestyle and culture with them to ghettofy the North Bronx.

Is it just me or does anyone else that lives in the Bronx, especially the Northern sections of the Bronx see that?
There has been a growing trend for sometime now about the decline of the north bronx and the revival of the south bronx.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:26 AM

20,156 posts, read 26,444,908 times
I think for all posts denigrating or espousing any area of town there should be an appended poll something like:

Choose one:
1. I am a landlord in the area
2. I am a tenant in the area
3. I am an owner in the area but not a landlord
4. I sell or broker rental real estate in the area for a living.
5. I don't live there.

Too many people have "fish to fry" and thus they can see things through $$$.tinted.$$$ glasses.

Can you imagine someone posting..."I own three large buildings in Jackson Heights and the area is TERRIBLE...nobody should EVER consider moving there?"
Or "I sell Real Estate in Queens and Queens is the worst place to live outside Bangladesh!"
See what I mean?

Last edited by Kefir King; 10-21-2011 at 07:37 AM..

Old 10-21-2011, 08:07 AM

8,750 posts, read 15,560,437 times
Agreed..it's all relative...and people have their own agendas, warped experiences/views, wildly different educational/age levels, which makes these discussion at times difficult.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:37 AM

22 posts, read 46,277 times
Bottom line is this - Latin Kings, Bloods, MS13, SECTION 8, WIC, NO JOBS, CRAPPY ECONOMY, no fathers to raise their kids, = a big soup of destruction. And it's getting worse. Yeah murders are down that because the turfs are organized now. It's always about turf and thats where the murders come to play. They already got it divied up, you got LK here, Bloods rule this, etc, so no need for violence like in 1991 when we had like 2,500 murders!!!!

So there you go, SOuth Bronx is gonna turn into Mexican/South American types, MS13 gang will proliferate, and the blacks and puerto Ricans are gonna move up to the White North Bronx areas and the whites are gonna move to Florida, Las Vegas, North Carolina, New Jersey, like they have since the 1960's. Maybe 1 or 2 really upper middle class areas and gated areas are gonna stay Italian, but the rest of it's going down the toilet.

Pelham Gardens is a perfect example of a really nice clean area that turned into huge Section 8 area. It's a rough neighborhood, but driving through you would think it's a white suburb. Co-Op city was all white a few decades ago, they all moved out to.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:49 AM

8,750 posts, read 15,560,437 times
Joey..funny how you talk about the gangs....but don't mention the Wall St thugs who are undermining our entire civilization. Secondly, you lost all credibility when you claimed Pelham Gardens was a huge section 8 area and "rough." Now go back to sleep.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:58 AM

8,389 posts, read 19,636,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysmash View Post
Maybe 1 or 2 really upper middle class areas and gated areas are gonna stay Italian, but the rest of it's going down the toilet.

Pelham Gardens is a perfect example of a really nice clean area that turned into huge Section 8 area. It's a rough neighborhood, but driving through you would think it's a white suburb. Co-Op city was all white a few decades ago, they all moved out to.
The rantings of a lunatic who obviously can't stand anything other than 100% Italian neighborhoods.

As for Pelham Gardens......here is a piece on it in last weeks NY Times.The crime rate in the "rough" Pelham Gardens is about the same as Forest Hills or Bayside in Queens.The title is " The Merits of Safe and Sound"

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/16/re...ref=realestate

Old 10-21-2011, 02:43 PM

3,039 posts, read 5,735,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
The rantings of a lunatic who obviously can't stand anything other than 100% Italian neighborhoods.

As for Pelham Gardens......here is a piece on it in last weeks NY Times.The crime rate in the "rough" Pelham Gardens is about the same as Forest Hills or Bayside in Queens.The title is " The Merits of Safe and Sound"

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/16/re...ref=realestate
LOL...

Old 10-21-2011, 06:02 PM

4,841 posts, read 7,864,784 times
Quote:

Pelham Gardens is still about 50% white, and it's very nice there. Have you ever even been there?

Old 10-21-2011, 06:11 PM

8,389 posts, read 19,636,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Pelham Gardens is still about 50% white, and it's very nice there. Have you ever even been there?
LOL,I think that's his problem ! 50%( actually I think it's 60% or so) is not enough,even though NYC isn't 50%.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:40 PM

14,836 posts, read 17,423,298 times
Quote:
Bottom line is this - Latin Kings, Bloods, MS13, SECTION 8, WIC, NO JOBS, CRAPPY ECONOMY, no fathers to raise their kids, = a big soup of destruction. And it's getting worse. Yeah murders are down that because the turfs are organized now. It's always about turf and thats where the murders come to play. They already got it divied up, you got LK here, Bloods rule this, etc, so no need for violence like in 1991 when we had like 2,500 murders!!!!

So there you go, SOuth Bronx is gonna turn into Mexican/South American types, MS13 gang will proliferate, and the blacks and puerto Ricans are gonna move up to the White North Bronx areas and the whites are gonna move to Florida, Las Vegas, North Carolina, New Jersey, like they have since the 1960's. Maybe 1 or 2 really upper middle class areas and gated areas are gonna stay Italian, but the rest of it's going down the toilet.

LOL you worry to much. As for the gangs you have to be worried about of course. Down in the South Bronx such as Mott Haven the biggest gang is the Bloods its mostly AA and the AA are a minority in that area. In the west Bronx you have to worry about Dominican gangs such as DDP and Trinitarios who are from Washington Heights and now are a major power on the streets of the Bronx. Latin King you dont have to worry about, there not as big also leaderless and divided. A gang to watch out for is ABI or Albanian Boys Incorporated. Many blacks in the South Bronx are moving to the North Bronx like Coop City and WIlliamsbridge while many blacks from Harlem are moving to the South Bronx. Yes many Puerto Ricans are moving to east Bronx and South East Bronx. I met many Ricans who live in Throgs neck area and live well and comfortable among the Irish and Italians. I even met a Puerto Rican who owns his own home on City Island and he throws BBQs for his neigbors. There are lots of Puerto RIcans named Tony Vinny, Joey names tehy will fit right in with the Italians. But also many Ricans are moving out of the Bronx all together.People move big deal. The wasps moved out of NYC because to many Irish, Italians and Jews AKA Euro races moved into NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or