U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-17-2011, 03:59 PM

11,293 posts, read 14,797,082 times
Default Question about muni meter tix

today i bought and used a mini meter ticket for the first time. tho i put an hour's worth of time on it, i only actually used about 20 minutes worth

next time if that happens could i drive to another meter and park to use up the remainder of the time on the ticket, or is it limited to the area you bought the ticket at (ex i bought the ticket on Broadway between W 233rd and 234th street in Kingsbridge Bronx)? could i have driven to a meter near 230th street and parked and used the time up that way

is the ticket good boro wide or city wide? or is it limited?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 06:51 PM

10,512 posts, read 8,197,353 times
It depends on if you got a Pay and Display or a Pay and Retain meter.

Here's the link to explain the difference. But remember the reciepts are time stamped.

NYC DOT - Parking at a Muni-Meter

NYC DOT - Frequently Asked Questions on Traffic Enforcement, Parking Tickets and Towed Vehicle

Old 10-18-2011, 07:01 PM

165 posts, read 291,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
It depends on if you got a Pay and Display or a Pay and Retain meter.

Here's the link to explain the difference. But remember the reciepts are time stamped.

NYC DOT - Parking at a Muni-Meter

NYC DOT - Frequently Asked Questions on Traffic Enforcement, Parking Tickets and Towed Vehicle
That doesn't necessarily answer his question. I think he is specifically talking about the pay and display tickets. What I do know is that the tickets appear to be coded so that parking enforcement can tell which meter the ticket was purchased from and how much was paid. While I doubt a traffic cop will scrutinize the receipt details, different rates do apply in different neighborhoods, so theoretically, there would be a rationale to limit parking in the zone for which parking was paid.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:08 PM

11,293 posts, read 14,797,082 times
pulling hairs i think youre right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City