U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 06:49 AM

525 posts, read 766,019 times

Advertisements

did you buy your subway pass did they see it? If so yea they were messing with you if not so goes the breaks. I would have thought nypd would have better things to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 07:01 AM

340 posts, read 1,059,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heetseeker View Post
did you buy your subway pass did they see it? If so yea they were messing with you if not so goes the breaks. I would have thought nypd would have better things to do.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:20 AM

2,868 posts, read 4,141,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsoclutch View Post
Seriously guys, it already got my other thread I created closed down. Simply because a couple of trolls who didn't even live in NYC decided to rile up other members by spouting blatantly racist comments, thus leading to the derailment of my thread and ultimately the locking of it.
Sorry your other thread was closed and locked. I really enjoyed it up until the usual hijackers stepped in. You have a number of posters on here that will turn almost any subject in to a political or racist rant. You'll learn who the "thread killers" are the longer you're on here.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:36 AM

4,925 posts, read 7,056,685 times
Quote:
I was woken up by someone tapping me in the shoulder, to see a badge right in front of my face. An undercover lady cop pulled me off the train where 2 more male undercover cops surrounded me,

They then questioned me on my whereabouts, searched me, turned me around, and placed me in cuffs while the oncoming train full of people watched me being hauled away. I was half asleep, in complete awe, they straight told me to my face that I was placed in cuffs for having my foot on the seat in front of me. (it wasnt) Upon arriving at the subway police station, I was thrown in a holding cell for 3 hours until I was released...not without a court date.

I've gotta be honest man, a good part of me thinks you're leaving something out here about getting rowdy with the cops or something when they were talking to you. I used to have to ride the trains at that hour all the time, and I saw many different kinds of people getting busted for this. Black, white, mid eastern, spanish, asian, you name it. The only thing anyone ever got was a ticket that they could either pay or go contest downtown. Nobody ever got arrested, of any color. This includes my own brother. On the same train that you were on, at the same time. So IMO, either you are leaving something out or you should have gotten yourself a lawyer.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:22 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,456,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I've gotta be honest man, a good part of me thinks you're leaving something out here about getting rowdy with the cops or something when they were talking to you.
You're not alone in your suspicions. Most of the time, these kinds of threads are just fishing for some kind of justification. (Very similar to the ones started by people who'll tell you right up front they double-parked, but don't think they should have to pay a parking ticket).

Old 10-21-2011, 10:41 AM

2,899 posts, read 8,575,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsoclutch View Post
I won't lie, I dress fairly urban but I wasn't at all then. Off blue t-shirt, super light blue slim straight/skinny jeans, with bright red van lo pros. No belts, nothing flashy or any accesories.
Light blue pants and red shoes, going for the Bozo look? You're 18? Might as well start growing up NOW!

This mode of dress does not preseent yourself as a nice boy with middle class values. Which is why you stood out to the cops, who are middle class people with middle class values.

Your mode of dress with be of no value in the real world, unless you aspire to rapper or a job with little potential.

Assimilate and conform if you wish to be bothered less by the police; AND if you wish to gain employment which will allow you to move into a lifestyle in which such things will be a distant memory.

Assimilation also means learning to speak ENGLISH properly. Again, your mode of speech worked against you with the cops. They don't speak ghetto, hip-hop, nor Ebonics! They don't speak those languages iin the real world of employment either.

How are people, let alone the cops, supposed to know from your appearance or your language whether you are a good guy or a bad guy? Sure appearances can be deceiving, but it all begins with appearances. For a minority person starting behind the eight ball in life, probably the most important lesson in upward mobility is Assimilation!

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it IS a duck!

If it walks like a thug, talks like a thug, and dresses like a thug, it IS a thug!

Note, the subtle differences between you, a non-thug, and a true thug, are meaningless to those who are not thugs. Drop the thug gear! Drop the thug speak!

Just for example, a well spoken guy in a suit and tie, will be treated differently than a guy in work clothes, work boots and can't string an English sentence together, in a bank, for instance. A guy in thug gear, and the guards will be on him, and all anyone will want is for the thug to leave as quickly as possible.

Such is the way of life. You can choose to make the world work for you, or you can be obstinate and work against the world. Which do you think will have greater success?

The people is the park are ignorantly obstinate, and after a bunch of noise, will amount to nothing. Obama, on the other hand, assimilated and attempts change from within.

The choice is yours, Adulthood and Manhood or to forever be an Adult Juvenile, and at the bottom end of life.

Stop whinning and choose....

Old 10-21-2011, 11:55 AM

22 posts, read 47,624 times
Same thing happen to me on the A train few years back. Funny. I guess thats the feet enforcment line.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:29 PM

423 posts, read 1,130,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
Light blue pants and red shoes, going for the Bozo look? You're 18? Might as well start growing up NOW!

This mode of dress does not preseent yourself as a nice boy with middle class values. Which is why you stood out to the cops, who are middle class people with middle class values.

Your mode of dress with be of no value in the real world, unless you aspire to rapper or a job with little potential.

Assimilate and conform if you wish to be bothered less by the police; AND if you wish to gain employment which will allow you to move into a lifestyle in which such things will be a distant memory.

Assimilation also means learning to speak ENGLISH properly. Again, your mode of speech worked against you with the cops. They don't speak ghetto, hip-hop, nor Ebonics! They don't speak those languages iin the real world of employment either.

How are people, let alone the cops, supposed to know from your appearance or your language whether you are a good guy or a bad guy? Sure appearances can be deceiving, but it all begins with appearances. For a minority person starting behind the eight ball in life, probably the most important lesson in upward mobility is Assimilation!

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it IS a duck!

If it walks like a thug, talks like a thug, and dresses like a thug, it IS a thug!

Note, the subtle differences between you, a non-thug, and a true thug, are meaningless to those who are not thugs. Drop the thug gear! Drop the thug speak!

Just for example, a well spoken guy in a suit and tie, will be treated differently than a guy in work clothes, work boots and can't string an English sentence together, in a bank, for instance. A guy in thug gear, and the guards will be on him, and all anyone will want is for the thug to leave as quickly as possible.

Such is the way of life. You can choose to make the world work for you, or you can be obstinate and work against the world. Which do you think will have greater success?

The people is the park are ignorantly obstinate, and after a bunch of noise, will amount to nothing. Obama, on the other hand, assimilated and attempts change from within.

The choice is yours, Adulthood and Manhood or to forever be an Adult Juvenile, and at the bottom end of life.

Stop whinning and choose....
WOW!!!!! Idk where to start with this post but let me just say I dress the way I dress because of where I'm from. You think dressing like a "middle class boy with middle class values" usually rocks around here? No! People get made fun of for dressing like that and honestly with the girls it doesn't fly either. Now I'm a fairly intelligent person and I wouldn't harm a fly and I reallyyyyyy don't think I should start dressing a certain way so cops won't bother me. Unless they see me doing anything suspicious.

When I have to work, I put on my work uniform. I will follow suit (pun intended) once I have to work somewhere that requires a more formal dress-code.

Old 10-21-2011, 04:26 PM

922 posts, read 1,935,698 times
Sorry to hear you got treated so badly by the cops ohsoclutch. I fell
asleep on the J train like a homeless bum 4AM in the morning once
after getting off work from Manhattan doing summer job. I was awakend
by a loud cracking noise near me and I jumps up from my seat, only to
see the backside of a police officer holding a nightstick walking pass me,
he never look back or said anything to me. I was a little startled and
upset at the same time. Once I was fully awake, I was glad he woke
me up, or I could've endup at the last stop because I was so tired and
sleepy that night. I was the only passenger in that car.

Two weeks later, I heard the familiar sound on the J train again. I was
not sleeping this time, the only other guy with me in the subway car
was a homeless guy. He jumps up from his seat when the officer hit
the subway seats with his nightstick. Suddenly..... I felt there is a
special comradery between I and this homeless guy.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:45 PM

9,512 posts, read 14,742,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I've gotta be honest man, a good part of me thinks you're leaving something out here about getting rowdy with the cops or something when they were talking to you.
See? 99% of people think the cops can do no wrong. When they see an apparent case of the cops doing wrong, they invent every possible justification for them.

Just-world hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City