U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2012, 03:01 PM

38 posts, read 51,299 times

Advertisements

Hello anyone interview for St Ann's F&G bldgs yet? My interview is on Friday! Really hoping that the bedrooms are not too small.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 05:40 PM

21 posts, read 32,684 times
Just a few thoughts for those persons interviewing for subsidized rentals and homes.

1- Check your credit (you can receive 1 free each year-check on-line) when you submit the application. There is a specific FICA SCORE that each development will set as a minimum. The FICO SCORE may be different from development to development.

If you see an item that is not yours, start the process to clear this up. Even if you have not cleared it up and can show your actively working on it, you may get a pass.

2-Criminal History- It is what it is. (Credit/Criminal is check for all persons 18+)

3-Housing Court History- LL don't want applicants with a housing court history period. If you took your previous LL to court, you're labled as Upity. If your LL took you to court, you're labled irresponsible.

4-Annual Income- Documented income for all persons in the house hold (any age). Calculate your income as follows: (a) If you earn the same salary each pay period, multiply your Gross Income by the number of annual pay periods (Bi-weekly x26/Bi-Monthly x24/monthly x12/weekly). (b) If your gross salary is different from period to period, average the gross income by adding you income from 4 consecutive paystubs and then divide by 4. Then take that result and multiply it by the calculations above in bold. REMEMBER THAT A HUMAN BEING IS MAKING THIS CALCULATION AND CAN EASILY MAKE A MISTAKE. ASK HOW YOUR INCOME IS BEING CALCULATED, IF YOU FEEL THAT IT IS NOT CORRECT, YOU CAN APPEAL ONCE YOU RECEIVE A REJECTION LETTER.

4A- Overtime Income- If you traditionally earn overtime income, it should be averaged and added to the annual income figure calculated above. INTERVIEWERS MAY INCLUDE YOUR OVERTIME IN THE CALCULATION IN ITEM 4 (THIS WILL ALWAYS RESULT IN YOUR ANNUAL INCOME BEING CALCULATED HIGHER AND MAY DEEM YOUR FAMILY TO BE OVERINCOME).

I provide this information, because a frequent poster made this process seem clear cut when it is not.

I hope this helps.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:50 PM

Thank you for the info! I'm not worried my things are in order.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:41 PM

Good evening was hoping for some feedback on St. Ann's Apts! Interview is tomorrow.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:00 AM

Interview went good! Should be called in a few days to select an apt!

Old 03-19-2012, 07:21 AM

317 posts, read 495,783 times
Twinmami...... Good luck but if you just had the interview on Friday the process has only begun. They still have to send your documents off to the city for verification and approval. As long as they dont need additionak documents from you the process shouldnt take too long. I went through the process and it took exactly 3 months. Others may take longer. My advice to you especially if this is your first time with affordable housing is keep in contact with the individual thats handling your file. Also in the event they call you for additional paper work make sure you get it to them promptly because if not that will definately hold you up or will result in a rejection. Try to call every two weeks or so just to stay abreast on whats going on. Other than that best of luck and keep us updated because I too am hoping to get an interview letter for St. Anns F&G.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:17 AM

62 posts, read 132,688 times
Was selected for an interview at Via Verde but did not go...& they sent out another letter again...Idk..If I should go, I doubt I will... lol, I'm still mad about the list of other developments that were a waste of time.
Yes. I'm a scorned applicant. lol

Anybody in the process with Via Verde?....probably not..they say it is really hard to get into Via Verde. Sent the application out last summer..

Old 03-21-2012, 11:21 AM

62 posts, read 132,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinMami07 View Post
Interview went good! Should be called in a few days to select an apt!
Hello TwinMami07, I hope you get in, good luck with your processing!

Old 03-21-2012, 02:23 PM

Thank you Both! I also have an interview for Via Verde but in April. I'm sticking with St Ann's I live in another Wavecrest Bldg so they said its a quicker process since I'm already a tenant with one of their developments! Yes, I did hear that it's gonna be hard to get into Via Verde I guess since 71 of the apts are Condo's. My lease here is up @ the end of April and I don't wanna risk it thank goodness St Ann's called me in sooner for interview.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:25 PM

PrettyMami what happen with other developments? Were you denied?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or