U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 03:21 PM

38 posts, read 51,196 times

Advertisements

It was a letter from Social Security. One of my sons was receiving SSI which no longer is & they had that on file from when I moved here. The only good thing is that the person handling my file is also the bldg manager here do she said I don't need to worry about the lease issue. I'm hoping that buys me some time to hear from Via Verde which is my 1st choice. At this point whichever one comes 1st will be fine. Wish they could adjust my rent here but they don't. When I moved here I fell into a higher income bracket since then my extra income was ended & my hrs @ work cut so I really need to get into a lower rent until my financial situation gets better! It's hard as a single mom of 4yr old twins. Please keep me posted. Keeping my fingers crossed for both of Us....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 07:30 AM

137 posts, read 332,907 times
Oh okay. Makes sense now. That's great your landlord understands because most people would've been out of luck at this moment. Definitely take whichever comes first and I'm sure St. Anne's should be calling soon. They may be waiting for the building to be completed but who knows.. Waiting game will have to continue.

And I know EXACTLY what you mean.. I'm a single mom of 2 boys (4 and 3)..
Hopefully we'll look back at these posts laughing at how nervous we we're..

Old 04-27-2012, 07:54 AM

137 posts, read 332,907 times
Oh yeah.. Now I understand the meaning behind your member name!! Nice..

Old 05-01-2012, 07:30 AM

38 posts, read 51,196 times
Thanks, I still haven't heard anything from Via Verde. I'm also still waiting on St. Ann's which I believe is where most likely we'll be moving to. Once again so excited for you & your boys.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:48 PM

4,149 posts, read 3,442,281 times
blink fitness is the gym thats a anchoring business of st anns, which theyre putting the equipment in right now. wavecrest seems to really be doing a nice job at snagging the business owners of this project.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:10 AM

8,750 posts, read 15,552,768 times
I think it is great there is a gym coming into this building instead of the typical 99 cent store. This is I think the 3rd gym opening in the area, and there is another coming soon.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:10 PM

317 posts, read 494,551 times
I started my membership at the new Blink gym. When I went to pick up my memebership card the other day the employees stated they have a great turn out with the memberships and once the gym opens on 5/19 the membership will be going up for all new comers. So peopel sign up now!

Old 05-05-2012, 12:17 PM

1,275 posts, read 2,078,231 times
How does Blink compare to Planet Fitness? Has anyone ever been a member of both franchises and can provide a comparison.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:05 PM

317 posts, read 494,551 times
Idk the difference but I like the fact that Planet Fitness is pretty much 24 hrs. That leaves flexability for people that dont have traditional schedules and also for people that like the use of the equipment w/o a waiting period and crowds. Plus Planet Fitness is 10$ a month Whereas Blink hrs of operation Mon-Fri will be 5am to I believe he said 10 or 11 pm, Sat and Suns the gym will open at 9 am I believe. They have 2 options for monthly memberships, one for either 15$ or one for 18$. The 18$ membership gives you access to any Blink gym, 1 free 30 min session with a personal trainer and you can bring a guest with you every time you workout. Which I think thats stupid because since its ulimited its basically giving someone a free membership. So basically my sister can go with me to thegym 4 days a week free of charge to her. The 15$ membership is basic and you only have access to that one gym. I thought they wouldve been in competition with Planet Fitness as far as their rates go but according to the trainer as of June the fees will be increasing for all those that are starting new memberships.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:39 AM

8,750 posts, read 15,552,768 times
Well that gym is certainly affordable. I am glad to see so many new gyms opening so quickly...the community is changing right before our eyes. Some people still can't see it though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or