U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2012, 08:14 AM

137 posts, read 332,830 times

Advertisements

@Sobroguy- while you always seem to find a way to sound rude, I actually agree with you... If there is a problem, it should be addressed by the tenants that are actually trying to live in a safe, clean building. Management will always be two steps behind because they are not the ones living there.

A group of concerned people should get together and try to figure out different ways to either get rid of the bad tenants or adjust the situation in another manner. It’s sad people do not respect where they live; no matter the price they pay. But for the ones who do, take some action and make it known that you will not tolerate the behavior that has been going on in your building. Good luck!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 02:14 PM

8,750 posts, read 15,550,014 times
I can't help but notice that you are simply stating "a group of concerned people should get together." That wasn't my point..my point was for YOU to be involved..not just shift responsibility to some unnamed group of people who one day may hopefully exist. If YOU don't take action...then you have no place to complain. YOU live there..YOU pay...YOU should take up the problems with management.

OWN IT...SAY I WILL FORM THE TENANT ASSOCIATION AND I WILL SEND MY COMPLAINTS TO MANAGEMENT. Empower yourself and take control. Forget about "hopefully" forget about "luck" forget about "god"...just get it done.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:52 PM

Umm.. That would be true if I actually lived there.. I live at Via Verde..

Old 06-13-2012, 03:05 PM

True..you are not LV Diva. But living in the Via Verde you will no doubt face the same issues. The same applies.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:34 PM

The same doesn't apply because thankfully I am not all talk.. I'm already a volunteer for the rooftop garden at VV and will gladly take action if and when negative things occur like St. Ann's.. I'm sure you just read quickly and thought I was the other female so its fine..

I won't even comment on your God remark because that'll open an unnecessary can of worms..

Hope the situation is resolved at St. Ann's sooner rather than later..

Old 06-14-2012, 02:11 PM

2 posts, read 3,247 times
Hello good people of the BX. I am a resident of St. Ann's in the 800 building and its actually not that bad. When I first moved in about 9 months ago, the weed smell would hit me in the face as soon as I walked off the elevator. But guess what, I called 911 and told them that I think a number of people are growing it in their apartments because that is how strong the smell was. Good old NYPD did show up came right to my floor and smelled the same smell and began knocking on doors. My man was getting off the elevator with them and was asked which apartments do he think is involved, he pointed 3 out to them. That was the last day I smelled weed in the hallway or stair case. Now I just sit in my living room watching my big old TV with my window open and the smell just suddenly hits me in the face. I then just close my windows and turn on my FREE a/c. A drug problem is not managements issue, its a crime so should be handled by the proper authorities. Management gave no drug test to get in these buildings so unless you look high at the interview they wouldn't know what one person does from the next.

My buildings intercome was fixed about a month and a half ago. Also as a former tenant of a different newly constructed bronx development that Wavecrest manage, I can tell you that they SUCK and they will probably always SUCK. They pick up the phone sometimes, they never return messages without a threat, and forget about writing a letter. The good thing about St. Anns is we have Ms. Brenda English located in 609 building. She is our on-site building manager that I had no idea existed until 3 months ago. She really gets the job done and if your super and porter are not doing their jobs she makes them.

Also, I want to know who is paying $600 for a 2 bedroom. The 1 bedrooms and studios are renting for more then that. I need to know because I'm getting ripped off if this is the case. Now I know that no one building in St. Ann's is low-income, I could be paying the affordable rate while my neighbor in the same size apartment pays market rate. Please let me know if I am wrong because I would love a $600 2 bedroom, that way I can take that trip to Eygpt I been putting off.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:06 PM

I was kidding about the $600...but you get the point.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:44 PM

4,145 posts, read 3,439,875 times
The undesireables, and drug problems at St Anns have a great deal to do with how Wavecrest screens their tenants. They are one of the largest management companies in the city, and not the best. Its up to the tenants to start a Patrol. Show those with no home training or respect for where they live that certain behaviors will not be tolerated. With the 42nd Precinct a few blocks away, they'll be glad to come in that building, and slap cuffs on their asses. While this is partially Wavecrest's fault, it's also the tenants responsibility too. If you let knuckleheads get away with it, the conditions in the development will deteriorate even further from what they are now.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:17 PM

317 posts, read 494,464 times
I have an interview tomorrow with St. Ann's F & G for a 2 bedroom. I'm surprised they chose my application especially since I just applied to it before the holidays when it was advertised in the paper. Hopefully being that they have taken over as the management here at North Rose that will work to my advantage. Hopefully my process wont be a long one bc they should have all my documents in their system although I'm going to bring everthing they're asking for. I've been following the thread for a minute and if I see or hear any of the drama thats going on I wont hesitate to get on the phone and call the P-O-L-I-C-E!!! I dont tolerate the late night partying, the hanging out in the halls, the weed smoke in the halls, the kids playing in the hallways, my floor being kept nasty or building for that matter. I walk by there everyday and its good to see the Porters maintaining the grounds.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:22 PM

317 posts, read 494,464 times
At my interview tomorrow I will be sure to suggest that they should implement a " Home visit" as apart of the interview process. Not too many management companies conduct a home visit. They are very essential bc any applicant can look damn good on paper. But lets see how they live. They should want to see them in their element to see how they maintain their current apt. That will give them a clue of exactly how they will treat Wavcrest's property. Trust me if they make a home visit a new procedure that will definately weed out the undesireable applicants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or