U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 06:41 AM

18 posts, read 69,647 times

Advertisements

Hey, just wanted to know what is BBTB? And
St. Ann's terrace only one building or a big developement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 05:23 PM

317 posts, read 494,464 times
St. Anns Terrace and BBTB are two totally different developements.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:27 PM

Twin Mami07....... Its been 4 months since you started the initial process and you still havent heard anything? Have you tried following up? Since we're both current tenants in one of Wavecrests buildings we both know how terrible they are with getting back to you about anything. Thats what I didnt like about the interview. It wasnt personal at all. We were all sitting there in eachothers financial and personal business. So now its a waiting game bc theres no one I can call directly to check on my status.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:02 AM

38 posts, read 51,190 times
Good Morning Stephanie Davenport! My interview was in the community room of the actual bldg. and it was out in the open with everyone there listening to all your business. I did get a letter 1 week after to get a letter from for them to finish processing my application. Since then I haven't heard anything. Only reason I want to move from where I'm at now is because my income changed from when I moved into my bldg. now and at St. Ann's the rent would be $300 less than what I'm paying now. As you may already know that they don't do any transfers nor do they lower your rent if your income circumstances change. I have been emailing and leaving message after message and no reply. It really sucks because I was always told as an existing tenant we are suppose to have priority if we are in good standing with the management. I'm struggling to pay the rent but I do manage to pay them within the month. Its just a shame that for working families they make it so difficult for us. I will just have to stay put for another year and keep applying for the new bldgs under construction. Please keep me posted & good luck to you and your family.

If you don't mind me asking which development do you live in? I live in the El Jardin de Seline bldg.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:51 PM

1,275 posts, read 2,078,231 times
Maybe part of the reason WaveCrest is so terrible at returning peoples calls and inquiries is they have too many buildings to manage. Why is it WaveCrest is being chosen to manage what seems to be most of the new developments in the Melrose section. Northrose, St.Anns, El Jardin, BBTB. It's becoming a WaveCrest monopoly, and the residents are the ones who will suffer in the long run if WaveCrest is in over it's head...

Old 07-07-2012, 04:05 PM

They took over Mgmt of all of Knickerbocker's bldgs. I also lived in a knickerbocker bldg. they were just as bad & most of their staff now is employed with Wavecrest. I agree they are in over their heads.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:54 PM

TwinMami07...... I live at North Rose. Its funny bc I just received my lease renewal and I'm undecided on if whether or not to sign a 1 or 2 yr lease. I was hopeful bc when I went to the "interview" and I use that term loosely. The woman had me under the impression that as a current Wavecrest tenant my process should be rather quick and that I stood a better chance over a non- Wavecrest tenant as long as I'm in good standings. Which I am but after reading your post I became very discouraged. If I dont hear back then maybe its a good thing bc I didnt like the vibe I experienced a the interview. I was soooooo turned off by the looks of the potential candidates. I believe 1,000% that Wavecrest is way over their heads. When you call the receptionist doesnt even ask tell you who she's going to transfer you to. As soon as you get out your third word the trick just transfers you. Professionalism is clearly not on their list of priorties. Ive have yet to be late or not pay my rent but I am interested in seeing how quickly they would get in touch with you if they dont get their money. I'm going to sign a 1 year lease and look for a co-op for next year. Its much cheaper in the long run to buy anyway. But I will keep you posted and please do the same.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:22 PM

Make sure that you decide on your lease quick. I was holding out thinking I would have been moving & what they did was the following month that my lease was up they sent the rent with the rent increase for another year without me even signing a lease renewal. This mgmt is real slick! Only reason I apply for these new bldgs is because they are rents that are affordable to low income working families as myself. What's the name of the person handling your file? Mine is Chanel Mines hope its not her! I will definitely keep you posted! Once again Good Luck!

Old 07-11-2012, 05:22 PM

I've spoken to Chanel Mines about a previous situation a couple of months ago. She seemed pretty helpful in resolving the situation that I had brought to her at the time. Since then I've never had a reason to contact her but I do notice any and every document I recieve or notices hung up in my building has her John Hancock on it. I have no idea who to call to check on my status on the apartment. I did call last week bc I needed to fax them over a document from my pension stating how much was in it and the receptionist didnt know who to tranfer me to. That pissed me off bc I hate knowing my personal info is in limbo. But I' going to try emailing Chanel Mines and see if she responds and if she has any info. I will keep you posted.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:31 AM

44 posts, read 40,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie Davenport View Post
I've spoken to Chanel Mines about a previous situation a couple of months ago. She seemed pretty helpful in resolving the situation that I had brought to her at the time. Since then I've never had a reason to contact her but I do notice any and every document I recieve or notices hung up in my building has her John Hancock on it. I have no idea who to call to check on my status on the apartment. I did call last week bc I needed to fax them over a document from my pension stating how much was in it and the receptionist didnt know who to tranfer me to. That pissed me off bc I hate knowing my personal info is in limbo. But I' going to try emailing Chanel Mines and see if she responds and if she has any info. I will keep you posted.
That's so crazy. These low income affordable housing units seem to get more and more difficult to get into. The people are unorganized and so unprofessional. I have yet to hear from a few units. I turned down BBTB because they had me running in circles and telling me that there was no guarantee that I'd get a one bedroom. I was willing to take a studio but the buildings looked crazy. Half of the floors were done. It was way too much going on. Plus it wasn't a desirable location so I pulled the plug on that one. Now im waiting to hear from something else. This process is so frustrating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or