U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 12:40 PM

317 posts, read 495,848 times

Advertisements

I couldnt agree more. I'm still surprised I got called for this apartment bc I've been applying to the affordable housing since 2001 and I have never heard back from anyone. I think they should change they way they do things. I understamd they get overwhelmed from the number of applicants but they should at least let people know that they were rejected or waitlisted bc remember people put important and personal info on these applications.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 12:21 PM

21 posts, read 32,689 times
Generally, the "interviewers" would not qualify for the same housing. The staffing is not adequate since the developers use the marketing money as additional profit. Therefore, they pay a low wage and YOU get what they pay for. The blogger who said to reach out to HDC is on the money. Actually a 311 (on-line) to the mayor's office would go a long way.

I'm amazed at the amount of complaints in this thread and no one has gone to the highest authority. If Wavecrest receives a call from HPD and HDC because the big guy is getting a large number of complaints, you should see a change.

Good Luck

Old 07-23-2012, 06:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,250 times
I had my interview on feb 2011, two weeks later i received a call from mrs. Mines but she tells me that she'll call me back in 5 minutes "but" she didn't so i called her 3 days later and she says that i was in a waiting list and i have to wait. I didn't heard nothing from her so this year i decided to visit the office at jamaica ave. And she just remainds me that i was in a waiting list. Just to let u know that some of the people that live at st terrace not even applied they just have friends such supers, porters that helps them to get the apartment. I can say it because a friend of my has her two bedrooms apt. And her cousin too. I believe that lottery is a waisting time and money.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:56 PM

38 posts, read 51,308 times
I have yet to hear anything! I did send her one last email letting her know to please credit my rent for the $25. That I gave them for the Credit Check fee! I'm so dissappointed with this Mgmt.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:46 AM

169 posts, read 156,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNFORGERABLE29 View Post
I had my interview on feb 2011, two weeks later i received a call from mrs. Mines but she tells me that she'll call me back in 5 minutes "but" she didn't so i called her 3 days later and she says that i was in a waiting list and i have to wait. I didn't heard nothing from her so this year i decided to visit the office at jamaica ave. And she just remainds me that i was in a waiting list. Just to let u know that some of the people that live at st terrace not even applied they just have friends such supers, porters that helps them to get the apartment. I can say it because a friend of my has her two bedrooms apt. And her cousin too. I believe that lottery is a waisting time and money.
i dealt with Ms. Mines you just have to bug the **** out of her thats all and make sure she knows who you are and she'll look out

Old 07-25-2012, 09:49 AM

44 posts, read 40,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie Davenport View Post
I couldnt agree more. I'm still surprised I got called for this apartment bc I've been applying to the affordable housing since 2001 and I have never heard back from anyone. I think they should change they way they do things. I understamd they get overwhelmed from the number of applicants but they should at least let people know that they were rejected or waitlisted bc remember people put important and personal info on these applications.
That is definitely quite some time. Over ten years! But you know it wasn't always like this. I live in one now in the meat packing district but I moved here 15 years ago. I would never leave if i lived alone but my mother is there. I need my own and this is just crazy. I agree that they should also let applicants know whats going on regardless. I thought thats the way it was supposed to work.

Side Question: how do i get notifications from this site? I never know when someone replies.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:40 AM

317 posts, read 495,848 times
I have the forum hooked up to my email. So if someone respondes to my post I'll get the alert sent to my phone and then I'll check it. This process can be exhausting if you are really counting on the apt. I'm looking for a 2 bedroom but I'm not letting it stress bc I just renewed my lease here for another 2 yrs. It was stressful getting in here and now that I'm in I refuse to let it go unless its to become a homeowner. I do wish I had someone to contact bc it has been a month now since the interview.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie Davenport View Post
I have the forum hooked up to my email. So if someone respondes to my post I'll get the alert sent to my phone and then I'll check it. This process can be exhausting if you are really counting on the apt. I'm looking for a 2 bedroom but I'm not letting it stress bc I just renewed my lease here for another 2 yrs. It was stressful getting in here and now that I'm in I refuse to let it go unless its to become a homeowner. I do wish I had someone to contact bc it has been a month now since the interview.
So you're looking for a two bedroom to own at the moment? I def want to own but I dont have the time right now to be focused and responsible for those payments. It's definitely a great idea though. At least you know that your money isn't being wasted.
Thanks for note about notifications btw.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:04 PM

801 posts, read 872,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzAmbitious View Post
So you're looking for a two bedroom to own at the moment? I def want to own but I dont have the time right now to be focused and responsible for those payments. It's definitely a great idea though. At least you know that your money isn't being wasted.
Thanks for note about notifications btw.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:14 PM

Hey what did i do?? HotBlue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or