U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 02:50 PM

801 posts, read 868,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzAmbitious View Post
Hey what did i do?? HotBlue
Nothing !! Just teasing!!! Cheers!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 02:47 PM

169 posts, read 156,312 times
Journ I feel your pain but I don't let those people phase me eventually their gonna get theirselves removed. They don;t bother me if they want to sit outside and do nothing with their lives go right ahead. I'm not in your building and as far as I know I don't BELIEVE anything too crazy is happening in my building but I'm sure it is but I WORK so I wouldn't know. Would the association your talking about me for your building or the entire complex?

Old 08-13-2012, 05:56 PM

8,750 posts, read 15,560,437 times
I suggest putting up some flyers and holding a tenant association meeting in one of the community/common areas. You can then take action and rectify these problems...it's that simple. Don't let a few bad apples take this great place away from you...take action, form the tenant association.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:29 AM

21 posts, read 32,649 times
Alternatively, contact NYC Housing Development Corp (HDC). They become active with Property Managers when their investments deteriorate at a young age. You should not be a lone soldier. You should have a petition at a minimum along with photos and/or police reports.

HDC will definitely respond. Good Luck.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:27 PM

2 posts, read 2,178 times
I'm moving into one of the building's at St. Ann's F G, and was wondering if anyone has changed thier lock to thier apartment. Another tenent recommended that I change my latch because of safety and security, but I know it's against lease...any recomendations?>

Old 10-03-2012, 06:29 PM

2 posts, read 2,178 times
oppsie.. their*

Old 10-07-2012, 09:20 AM

38 posts, read 51,212 times
I would definitely change one of the locks! They have been supers from others Bldgs known for going into tenants apts and steal. All those cameras are linked to monitors in the supers apt. I know of 3 other developments that this occurred a few yrs back.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:49 AM

5,503 posts, read 17,205,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojjourn34 View Post
Hello to all my wavecrest neighbors. I moved in to this building(820)the first month that it was opened, if I am not mistaken, I was one of the first 5 tenants that moved in. In the beginning, it was so lovely. No noise, no ghetto tenants, no **** in the hallways, no loud music all times of the night. Sorry to say that changed after about 3 months of living here. I started to see the type of people that was moving in here and believe me, it was not looking good. I was getting that DOOMED feeling as the days passed. I have literally witnessed my neighbors arguing over stolen items in the hallway or house parties that went wrong with family members fighting each other in the wee hours of the night or what about the hoodlum kids that broke into the maintenance room and stole the paint and decided to splash paint on all of the hall walls. There's someone in the 820 building that continuously falls asleep while cooking because his smoke detector will beep for hours all through the am. I know this story sounds like another tenant complaining and frustrated to no end and not knowing what to do, but; there was a surprising change about a month ago, they replaced our super(willie) for a new super(Jamal) and I see a big difference and I am so relieved. I also complained to Brenda English and she stated that she sent letters to the tenants that was most complained about. I hear that some tenants were complaining about him being to mean( guess that's the tenants that he catches pissing in the hallways or smoking weed in the front entrances). I am saddened by this because the building was actually becoming livable. Now I see a notice that he is no longer the super for building 820 and we are yet again without a Super. The tenants in these buildings HAVE to stick together and I am not talking about the ghetto, no job having, weed smoking, loud, drug dealing, loud music playing tenants. I am talking about the tenants that work all damn day and want to come home to a clean lobby without the smell of weed or garbage waiting for them, without ghetto people sitting in front of the building with there kitchen chairs greeting you before you can open the lobby doors to get in your own house. There has to be some decent tenants who wants to form some type of organization to get rid of these people or at least keep the ghettoness to a minimum. I have never had this issue before at any apartment that I have stayed in so I am at a lost on how to organize some type of tenant association. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF SAVING THIS BUILDING, LETS GET TOGETHER, IT'S NOT TOO LATE AND BECOME PROACTIVE. Let's all leave replies on who can do what or letS just send out flyers for all the concerned tenants to organize a meeting in the community room to talk about the building issues........these are our issues because all of us observe the culprits that's making this building turn to crap. Some of us are living right next door to these disgusting people that has been given a opportunity to live in a decent building but, because they never had anything, screws it up for the decent people.I will post some ideals at a later time to see if anyone wants to make a change. Please help me with ideals, especially someone who is has experience with these issues.
Serves you right. I told you, and everyone, that the south Bronx is no place to live. I've spent years on this forum arguing the same thing. But you go ahead and listen to Sobroguy, who is a landlord himself in the area, and this is what happens. Next time listen.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:45 AM

8,750 posts, read 15,560,437 times
Superwario don't be such a kid. Every building, regardless of income/class, has problems iniitally, whether you spent $2million or rent for $500. It is the nature of new construction.

It is a good building which has some problems to work out, nothing more. I mean who expects perfection? Who said it would be perfect? It is a good building, at affordable rents, and a step up for most people, regardless of the initial problems. Once the initial problems are corrected, the building will be a very happy place for the majority of tenants. All it takes is some organization to get things the way they want it.

Don't listen to Superwario...he is just a kid with a very limited perspective/experience...his advice should carry no weight.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:02 PM

4,162 posts, read 3,451,075 times
i would immediately change one of the locks on your door. get a deadbolt lock, and do not give any residential staff your key. leave it with family, a trusted friend, or throw it in a safe deposit box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or