Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2011, 06:06 AM

25,368 posts, read 36,956,293 times

Advertisements

Yes indeed.
A crazy annoying person on the subway wil annoy you. The same crazed annoying person in an automobile might CRUSH you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 09:09 AM

40,049 posts, read 34,533,909 times
On the subject of pole leaners...

I remember one afternoon on the 7 train, there were a couple of high school girls on their way home. One began swinging around the pole, and said to her friend, "This is from my stripping routine." It was impossible to tell if she was serious or not--but it didn't look like that was the first time she made those movements.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:41 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,089,650 times
Default I got another.

A few months ago, A guy came on the subway (Q line) and was panhandling. He had brand new sneakers and what looked like a new iphone. After no one gave, he proceeded to say "It's Friday, I KNOW some of you people got paid today" and cursed out 2 riders on the way out the door.

Nerve beyond nerve. we were all puzzled.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:47 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,916,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
On the subject of pole leaners...

I remember one afternoon on the 7 train, there were a couple of high school girls on their way home. One began swinging around the pole, and said to her friend, "This is from my stripping routine." It was impossible to tell if she was serious or not--but it didn't look like that was the first time she made those movements.
I am sure she has ridden other types of "poles."

Old 10-26-2011, 06:00 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,672,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
A few months ago, A guy came on the subway (Q line) and was panhandling. He had brand new sneakers and what looked like a new iphone. After no one gave, he proceeded to say "It's Friday, I KNOW some of you people got paid today" and cursed out 2 riders on the way out the door.

What a jerk. Even if he weren't obviously scamming, he has some nerve to assume that part of their paychecks belong to him.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:36 PM

559 posts, read 1,109,423 times
I know this is off-topic, but I had the following experience(s) when I was living in the Third World country, where I was born and grew up.

I boarded the bus with my mother. She wanted to sit in a particular location, but I said, let's move farther back, because that area is too hot due to the sunshine. Where I would have sat, someone else sat.

In the middle of the journey, as the bus temporarily halted, a guy sitting behind where I would have sat suddenly stood up and, OMG--vomited right on the head of the hapless person.

I saw everything and can still vividly remember the ooze and the bits of rice and viands on the victim's head. The vomiter then ran out of the bus. To his credit, I think he was actually trying to get out in a hurry, but the, ahem, necessity overtook him. The victim shouted and shook his fist at the fleeing vomiter.

The bus driver had to pull into a garage and wash off the mess.

Several months later, my mother and I again boarded a bus. It was full, but there was a vacant area in the back, so we hurried there. Why was the seat vacant? Because there was vomit all over the seat.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:05 PM

650 posts, read 1,808,985 times
Since we're on the topic of train stories...

One time I boarded the R train and there were TWO homeless guys on the train--one on each side! I smelled some bad urine on one side so I started walking the other way, only to encounter some bad BO smell.

There was a homeless guy on the 4 train that smelled so bad that the entire train car was empty during morning rush hours. Can you imagine a 4 train car empty during rush hour? He smelled that bad and I had to get off, even though I was at the opposite end of the car.

There's this "homeless" guy on the R train that always panhandles with a fake limp and slurred speech. All he does is untuck his shirts to make himself look messy. Everything is brand new and his sneakers cost more than mine. I'm surprised people give him money at all!

Finally, one time I was sleeping on the train when I'm awoken to "OMG THIS MAN HAS HIS PENIS OUT!" I open my eyes only to see the guy's junk directly across from me. He was apparently masturbating by the doors next to a female sitting adjacent to it. What a horrible image to see when you first wake up.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:38 PM

1,494 posts, read 2,716,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudetypist View Post

Finally, one time I was sleeping on the train when I'm awoken to "OMG THIS MAN HAS HIS PENIS OUT!" I open my eyes only to see the guy's junk directly across from me. He was apparently masturbating by the doors next to a female sitting adjacent to it. What a horrible image to see when you first wake up.

A couple years ago the cops actually caught one of those public masturbators because the girl who who was the imaginary object of the spanking took a picture of him with her phone. The perv's face was all over the news the next day.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:07 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,626,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobage View Post
Is "ghetto" a race? And Asian guys are the ones blasting rap every now and then.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheaosaurus View Post
It's not always the ghetto guy. I've seen people of all races (except Asian) do this.
Heh?

Old 10-27-2011, 07:26 AM

25,368 posts, read 36,956,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post

I just LOVE the snotty ones. The ones who follow you hollering are also a joy.

And they wonder why the homeless are sometimes beaten.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City