U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2012, 11:28 AM

168 posts, read 284,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
It's not! saw a guy singing Megadeth's "Train of Consequences" once. he certainly was no Dave Mustaine!
HAHAHA, I would have paid to see that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 12:13 PM

10,599 posts, read 13,100,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTrish View Post
HAHAHA, I would have paid to see that.
He chose a good song. It would have not been pretty for a voice like that to sing Aerosmith's "Dream On" Esp during the last chorus...

Or worse..Any song by GG Allin!

Old 04-09-2012, 05:54 AM

Default Move your Bigfoot feet man!!

Guy this morning with his big ol' feet stretched out like he was at home. A woman with a stroller tries to pass and he moves his feet back all of an inch. What a tool.

I propose a separate car for the dumba**es.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:58 AM

2,868 posts, read 4,144,551 times
I wish I could bring more to the table but my major peeve is still the backpacker!!!! I see these guys with those think backpacks full of, what???? All my life when I go out it's whatever fits in to my pockets, the rest stays home. I get the school kids that are carrying books, that's obvious, but the rest?

Even so, doesn't matter what they're carrying in those backpacks they need to be carried at ones side. When they have them on their back they don't realize the depth of their field and turning quickly hitting someone with that backpack is like getting whacked by a swinging punching bag.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:23 AM

11 posts, read 18,825 times
My newest subway annoyance has to be the "I don't care moms" that just stand there with their headphones on while her 4 kids do whatever they want. A little parenting goes a long way, especially in public.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:56 AM

40,053 posts, read 30,474,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisible467 View Post
My newest subway annoyance has to be the "I don't care moms" that just stand there with their headphones on while her 4 kids do whatever they want. A little parenting goes a long way, especially in public.
This reminds me of the family group I got to experience one afternoon on an F train in Brooklyn. There was a little girl--I doubt she was more than three or four years old--who kept squirming around and telling her mother how badly she "had to go." Finally, Mom couldn't deal with the complaining any more, and told the kid to take her **** right there on the train. (The little girl actually didn't want to--someone else must have been trying to raise her correctly--but finally she did). This seemed to please Mom.

And this took place right outside the conductor's cab. Had it been me, I would've stopped the train and told this wonderful example of humanity in no uncertain terms that we were going to sit right there until the police showed up...unless she cleaned up that floor, pronto.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:15 PM

3,853 posts, read 7,613,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
This reminds me of the family group I got to experience one afternoon on an F train in Brooklyn. There was a little girl--I doubt she was more than three or four years old--who kept squirming around and telling her mother how badly she "had to go." Finally, Mom couldn't deal with the complaining any more, and told the kid to take her **** right there on the train. (The little girl actually didn't want to--someone else must have been trying to raise her correctly--but finally she did). This seemed to please Mom.

And this took place right outside the conductor's cab. Had it been me, I would've stopped the train and told this wonderful example of humanity in no uncertain terms that we were going to sit right there until the police showed up...unless she cleaned up that floor, pronto.
You mentioned that earlier in the thread.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:23 PM

791 posts, read 1,249,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Guy this morning with his big ol' feet stretched out like he was at home. A woman with a stroller tries to pass and he moves his feet back all of an inch. What a tool.

I propose a separate car for the dumba**es.
Second that.

Yesterday, there was this really stinky BUM on the train, lying full length on the seat drinking a Bud. Train was crowded, too - guy took up four seats. Where's a cop when you need one, huh?

Another pet peeve are these bicyclists. I don't know who got the idea to let these people on the train with their full size bikes, esp. during rush hour. As spiffy and "green" as it may sound to some, they really don't belong.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:21 PM

Default Rebel yell LOL.

Guy on the B train toward Brooklyn last night. Well dressed. Out of nowhere-WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Then he got off. A rebel yell like Billy idol!

Old 04-13-2012, 08:33 AM

168 posts, read 284,904 times
There's this one girl I see all the time who goes through her entire toilette on the train. Carries a big bag that she keeps digging into and fumbling around in, elbowing and poking you the entire time. Eye serum, facial serum, moisturizer... then the eyelash curler comes out, the mascara... she even puts hair gel in. ON THE TRAIN. Plus she eats and drinks in between (and leaves her trash under the seat). Sitting next to her is a nightmare. Even watching her is annoying. All that constant activity, digging in and finding the little jar or tube, opening it, dipping her finger in, dabbing it on, closing it again, putting it back, taking a sip of coffee and bite of danish, digging in and fumbling around again, dipping her finger into the same jar... she drives everyone crazy.

She's a very odd young Japanese girl. Between her ablutions, she stops abruptly and looks around at people. She wears this really strange expression, like she's drugged or something. Not that she is, but that's the expression she wears as she stares at people between jars and tubes. My first impression was that she was homeless, but the bag and the brands are far too expensive for that to be the case. Plus, she's clean and fairly well dressed.

This morning, she spent nearly 30 minutes methodically applying moisturizer ( one dab at a time) to her hands, eyes, face and neck--even the back of her neck--and massaging her scalp before the eyelash curler finally came out. The woman next to her was ready to explode by then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City