U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 03:35 PM

10,333 posts, read 12,433,799 times

Advertisements

sounds like she saves her beauty treatments for the ride. Pressed for time maybe? Sounds annoying for the passenger next to her esp. I still think the nail clipping folks are worse. Is she hot at least?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 08:47 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,904,906 times
Let's add the people who get on the train and talk loudly as if there's no one else in the car. Not just talking loudly but talking loudly about the most intricate details of their life that strangers really shouldn't be hearing.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:24 AM

169 posts, read 271,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
sounds like she saves her beauty treatments for the ride. Pressed for time maybe? Sounds annoying for the passenger next to her esp. I still think the nail clipping folks are worse. Is she hot at least?
Not really. She's not hideous, but she's not "hot." She's just annoying. How many times does a young girl (she seems to be in her early 20s) need to dot and dab serum under her eyes in one 30-minute period? The endless moisturizing of the neck, jawline and back of the neck--and scalp massaging--is the worst, though. Her elbows are everywhere.

This stuff is just inappropriate to be doing not only in public, but in a small space like a subway seat that you're sharing with someone else. Not to mention that she's eating and drinking at the same time, and leaving her trash under the seat.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K 22 View Post
Let's add the people who get on the train and talk loudly as if there's no one else in the car. Not just talking loudly but talking loudly about the most intricate details of their life that strangers really shouldn't be hearing.
One time I turned around and looked at one of them (a couple, yapping their heads off) and the guy yelled at me, "WHAT? Can I help you?" I said "yeah, you can lower your voice." He starts shouting at me to ****. Another time I turned around because this woman was screaming right behind me, and she looks at me and yells "YEAH, PEOPLE TALK ON THE TRAIN." This crap happens constantly.

The moral of the story? If you're dealing with someone who is rude enough to be doing what they're doing to begin with, chances are they're too rude to realize they're doing something wrong, or care that it's disturbing everyone around them. Even when it's pointed out to them. A normal person would be embarrassed, and say "Oh God, I'm so sorry..." and lower their voice. Not the New York Rude Person.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:52 AM

10,333 posts, read 12,433,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTrish View Post
One time I turned around and looked at one of them (a couple, yapping their heads off) and the guy yelled at me, "WHAT? Can I help you?" I said "yeah, you can lower your voice." He starts shouting at me to ****. Another time I turned around because this woman was screaming right behind me, and she looks at me and yells "YEAH, PEOPLE TALK ON THE TRAIN." This crap happens constantly.

The moral of the story? If you're dealing with someone who is rude enough to be doing what they're doing to begin with, chances are they're too rude to realize they're doing something wrong, or care that it's disturbing everyone around them. Even when it's pointed out to them. A normal person would be embarrassed, and say "Oh God, I'm so sorry..." and lower their voice. Not the New York Rude Person.
Sounds like he cursed out you-A woman, In public. Classy.What a low-down complete tool. The subways are like Jerry Springer on wheels (Or rails, rather.) sometimes.

MissTrish...Female right?

Old 04-24-2012, 11:16 AM

4,914 posts, read 5,534,383 times
I never understood the person who gets on a packed train yelling out "excuse me, excuse me" while trying to squirm their way thru and there's really no where to go. I feel like saying "where are you trying to go!?"

Old 04-24-2012, 11:24 AM

7,846 posts, read 10,268,430 times
I've just about had it with the zig-zaggers and the people who don't watch where they're going and just cut you off. Walking should be like driving. Look over your shoulder to see if anyone is behind you before you dart out in front of them. And for the women who want to commute in their 6 inch heels: GET OUT OF THE WAY. If you can't walk in them at a reasonable pace then you have no business wearing them while commuting.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:12 PM

Another favorite of mine on the subways AND buses... the idiots who think it's appropriate to play their stupid video games on their stupid phones with the sound turned up, so everyone has to listen to all the sound effects, screams, explosions, music etc. Also, the idiots who have conversations ON SPEAKERPHONE on the bus.

Honestly, I don't know how these attention-whores even survived before cellphones. If they're not talking on the phone, they're clutching and staring at it.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:48 PM

559 posts, read 929,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
[/b]

Cause it's the fast food you want to eat slow!

Wait...I think I stole Roy Rogers fast food slogan..Was that Roy's?

I wish people would not eat on the Subway. And the way some of them scarf it down, My goodness! That was slow one, But look around. Some folks gobble down a hero like a coked-up Bigfoot on a crash diet.
You should have fed her your beef patty!

Old 05-27-2012, 12:54 PM

559 posts, read 929,644 times
I'm surprised, given how hard life in NY can be and how many mentally addled people live here, that there aren't more suicides on the subways. In the London subway, they're a constant annoyance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City