Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2011, 04:42 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hahaha, I saw that guy a few months ago, and I gave him a buck when I did. I think he was on the R.

I had Under the Boardwalk stuck in my head for hours.
Saw him also. Very cute.

A comical one is this guy on the B/Q line with an amplifier and a clarinet. He plays along with the amp, And holds up a CD with him on a beach during sunset with a big smile. He seems really happy busking on the subway. He's pleasant and a buck is usually in order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 04:45 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
For years, there was a guy who played the violin in the PATH well at the WTC (the level where you came up out of PATH and caught the escalators to the Concourse). My employer even hired him once to play in our cafeteria at lunchtime for a special event.

About two years ago, I saw him playing in Penn Station. He used to have blond hair and now it was gray, but other than that he looked the same. I was so happy to see him--he brought back memories of my old workplace that's now gone, I went up and talked to him.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:10 PM

110 posts, read 300,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheaosaurus View Post
13. People who try to squeeze in the middle seat when OBVIOUSLY there is NOT enough room for you. And that goes for anyone in any weight class.
THIS. I am so tired of hambeasts trying to squeeze into nonexistant space.

One time this lady tried to fit her large self into a "fifth seat" on the 2 train. The girl next to me got squeezed out and had to stand up, else we would've ALL been in pain. The lady proceeded to lambast us for being "skinny". How about having some common courtesy & sense? Shame.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:01 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,443,209 times
I do find some of this funny in a way because of seeing most of it on the subway at one time or another .

Plus i'm the guy with the daypack but in front of me when i ride the train because of standing up to give up my seat to a older person or a women with a small kid .I do get look's from other people when i do that because they are like great someone else is going to borther me now .

The daypack is place in front of me when i put my arms through the straps and it in front of me to keep it from beening gone through by other people.

It is funny to hear people complain about other people here when they are just as bad as the people they are complaining about .

Old 10-23-2011, 07:24 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
How about the team of 4 gang-bangers who do acrobatics up and down the train. I've seen them twice and the white guy with the killer body doing multiple backflips smacked his head powerfully on the ceiling both times.
Trouble is that they are endangering passengers with flying feet sweeping within an inch or two of passenger heads.

They are REALLY going to hurt someone, and they regularly hurt themselves. Talented yes...but a crowded car is NOT the place for such talent.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:07 AM

166 posts, read 443,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moccawaii View Post
THIS. I am so tired of hambeasts trying to squeeze into nonexistant space.

One time this lady tried to fit her large self into a "fifth seat" on the 2 train. The girl next to me got squeezed out and had to stand up, else we would've ALL been in pain. The lady proceeded to lambast us for being "skinny". How about having some common courtesy & sense? Shame.
Large people should really be aware of how much space they take up on an already crowded train. Couple weeks ago I was getting on a crowded 4 train during morning rush hour. This one large woman kept trying to fit in (you know that scene- area by the door is already packed but there's always that one person who believes they can fit in). She finally said "If you all would just move!" to which some lady responded "And if you would just lose some damn weight!"...she stepped off the train back onto the platform.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:30 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,677,484 times
Ohhhh, I love these threads. Here are my annoyances, some of which have already been mentioned:

1. I will not sit next to kids under any circumstances. If some uncontrolled brat gets my coat or pants dirty with his/her shoes, the parent will be hearing about it.

2. People who block the escalators to the B/D/F/M at Herald Square. If anyone's gone down them, you know they're not wide enough for someone to pass. So I have to wait behind some lazy individual who is standing there, riding down as the trains close their doors. If for some reason you can't walk, use the freaking elevator.

3. Men who spread their legs. I don't buy it that your "boys" need that much room. Besides, it's not worth the pain when I sit down next to you and take my space back by pushing your leg in.

4. People who don't let others through the turnstile when the train is in the station. That goes for people coming off the train, and the Metrocard-fumblers outside the gate.

5. The crazies who don't let you off the train before they come barging in. What happened to common sense and courtesy?

6. People who don't/won't read. I understand if you're new here or a tourist and are lost...but how are you going to walk into a train and yell out "IS THIS THE A TRAIN??" when the red 1 bullet is plastered all over the side? No one answered the last time that happened and I wanted to shake the hand of everyone who remained silent. I was in Stockholm recently...I didn't speak enough Swedish to understand the subway announcements and directions, which weren't duplicated in English. Didn't lose my way once because I actually bothered to look at the map and at least know which line was which and where they went.

7. People who aren't fat but still manage to take up 2-3 seats. I took a photo once of two average-sized men taking up 6 seats. It was unreal.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:40 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,042 times
The ghetto guy who listens to rap music out loud on his cell phone and raps along to the lyrics.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:07 PM

395 posts, read 1,214,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
The ghetto guy who listens to rap music out loud on his cell phone and raps along to the lyrics.
It's not always the ghetto guy. I've seen people of all races (except Asian) do this.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:24 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,677,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheaosaurus View Post
It's not always the ghetto guy. I've seen people of all races (except Asian) do this.
Is "ghetto" a race? And Asian guys are the ones blasting rap every now and then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City