U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2011, 10:48 PM

396 posts, read 1,028,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobage View Post
Is "ghetto" a race? And Asian guys are the ones blasting rap every now and then.
Of course ghetto is not a race, I was quoting another poster. And you know what that poster implied with the word ghetto. And, as I said before, I've personally never seen Asians blast music from their phones.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 12:40 AM

124 posts, read 187,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheaosaurus View Post
Of course ghetto is not a race, I was quoting another poster. And you know what that poster implied with the word ghetto. And, as I said before, I've personally never seen Asians blast music from their phones.
By "ghetto" I would assume he meant black, white and hispanic gang bangers. And those are probably the few Asians who only got 35 on the ACT and their parents disowned them so they turned to rap and the streets.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:17 AM

20,157 posts, read 26,444,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve View Post
Ever see the guy that does an a cappela version of "Under The Boardwalk", tapping out percussion with his cane?

Haven't seen him in a while, I'll always give him a buck.
Oh yeah,

He's going strong...I saw him on the #6 about two weeks ago.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:52 AM

327 posts, read 262,246 times
Why is listening to your music loud ghetto, if its hip hop?

Old 10-24-2011, 08:05 AM

1,090 posts, read 2,785,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullingHairs View Post
Just here to vent because I'm in a bad mood and didn't have time to stop for my morning coffee yet. On the train this AM, and I get hit with the trifecta of subway aggravation (mind you, this train is PACKED). Here goes:

1) The Pole-leaner: Finally find a part of the pole to grab (lol, that's what she said!), only to have one of those pole-leaners think that it's completely appropriate to lean their back against the knuckles of other riders who are holding the pole.

2) The Swayer: Every train has at least one. The guy who refuses to hold on to anything then acts surprised and all apologetic as he goes FLYING into 5 random strangers when the train stops. It's usually all in the name of him being able to read his newspaper or poke at his ipad and drink his coffee at the same time. This morning's swayer knocked pole-leaner's dirty, oily hair into my hand.

3) The backpacker: Another daily rush hour occurrence. The one Appalachian man who is on his way uptown for a hike of the Catskills or something. He's got the giant north face stuffed to the brim with organic granola, and instead of taking the damn thing off and shoving it between his legs, he finds it completely acceptable to repeatedly whack you in the face with it.

The Swayer got a dirty look, the Backpacker got my elbow, but the Pole Leaner, well The ONLY reason I didn't say anything was because I couldn't figure out if she was pregnant or just fat. In hindsight, I'm pretty sure that she was just fat. I hate when that happens -- especially when you give up your seat to a fat chick because you think she's with baby.

Anyway, I'm done being cranky. Feel free to add your own top subway grievances below. Have a good day all!
I push my fingers up and wiggle them consistently until the idiot moves. I always felt like this shet just happened to me. Feels good to know you guys deal with these low IQ individuals as well...at least I'm not alone.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
More subway annoyances:

The person eating something messy and dropping food, sauce and trash on the subway floor.

The mother with the HUGE stroller taking up the entire walkway in the subway car so no one can walk by her.

The poor, down-and-out beggar (strung out addict with no teeth) yelling his or her story about needing money for his or her starving kids (yeah, right) for the entire subway ride.
The best part is...of all times..she chooses rush hour to come out and annoy us.

I try to tell myself that one day I will be a Mom and feel bad for being annoyed with these Moms, but for now I'm content with scorning them lol.

I can't help myself. I mean seriously lady? You couldn't pick another time to go do laundry or grocery shop? Stay your arse home until at least 10am and make sure you do everything between 10am-4pm.

Hell, if I was a stay-at-home-mom that's what I would do. Why the hell would I want to be in the subway with my kiddo during rush hour? It's annoying enough, now, and I ride alone.

I can't wait for the day that I have the choice to avoid the subway during rush hour.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
The Fingernail/Toenail clipper. (Yes, Toenails.)

The person who puts thier foot up on the seat just inches away from your pants.

The person who reads your paper next to you..Then gives you a dirty look when you turn the page.

The staring, George Romero zombie across the other seat.

The guy who has not used deoderant since the Clinton administration.
LOL..now this is just hilarious.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:23 AM

327 posts, read 262,246 times
I can't stand when people try to push to fit on a crowded train.

Also people who rush to leave the train and walk slow as hell up the steps.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:03 AM

6,041 posts, read 10,367,833 times
This morning the downtown 4 Train from Bedford Park the Bronx to Fulton Street Manhattan was horrible and I need to vent in this appropriate thread.

The train began to be packed as soon as Bedford Park which is only the third station on the way downtown. By the Tremont stations, it got even more crowded to the point where people at the station were not able to fit into the subway.

One person near the door threatened a person trying to come in saying “If you come in and get closer I will deck (punch) you” He said it three times. The other people in the subway car watched in horror and couldn’t believe this was happening and how the subway was already this crowded at just Tremont.

One woman was talking to herself saying how much she hates being on subways and she started to cry. She was sitting right next to me.

By 161st station, the person that threatened to punch someone got off the subway but it was still very crowded.

At 148th st, one woman started to argue with another woman saying “do not touch me” and said it three times in an angry hysterical way. She even pushed the other person a bit while saying it.

By 125th st, the subway driver said the 4 train was going to stop on all local stops and go extra slowly because of train traffic.

Every station from 125th to 14th st. it was so crowded almost nobody at the stations were able to fit in, people were pushing each other to get in and out of the subway, some people screamed at each other. That screaming and arguing happened at least 5 times.

By 59th st, I saw 5 people starting to cry with tears coming out of their eyes. (They were crying in a subtle way but still).

It took 45 minutes to go between 125th st and 14th st. and with this congestion I have almost never seen before.

Thank goodness the subway system in New York City is usually much better than what I experienced today. I don’t know why it was so epically bad today. This is the 3rd worst subway ride I had here in my recorded history of 20 years.

Either way, this is a horrible way to start the week and Monday morning.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:16 AM

3,039 posts, read 5,735,093 times
Sorry to hear that man but in all honesty what you're describing is something that happens all the time on the L train in the morning... Myrtle Wyckoff, Dekalb, Jefferson St, Grand St, Bedford Ave... I don't know if you've ever seen one of the chinese/japanese train stations on youtube or in the news... Basically most mornings taking the L train resemble that scene... This also comes without the calmness you see in the video...

Beijing Olympics - Train Pushing - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City