Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2012, 12:01 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,610,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianyc84 View Post
What do you want, a metal? I am also at that station every day, I live two blocks from it. Clearly I typed the wrong f*cking letter. I transfer from the N to the R as part of my commute.
Calm down. Was simply saying it had to be the N train because the R doesn't go there.

I would correct the misspelling but looks like someone else called you on that anyway.

Yesterday I was on the train going from the N to the L. I get on the L and I see one chick texting while practically lying down across one of those 2 seaters in the ends of the car. Granted, the train was not crowded, but it was about to, and she didn't even bother looking up, just sat there with the sense of entitlement that she deserved the entire seating area made for at least 2 people.

I scoffed at her, and scared the crap out of the guy across from her. I just laughed. I swear I am just going to start taking pictures of these violators and posting them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 12:16 PM

31 posts, read 74,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Sorry, couldn't resist. Yes, I am going to hell. No need to tell me.
oy vey. well, clearly, I need caffeine.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:21 PM

2,896 posts, read 9,813,232 times
Quote:
uhh, yes, everyone DOES pay their fare--that fare entitles you to ONE SEAT. If your big ass is taking up two seats, get up! If you're pregnant, different story--I'd put that in the same category as a disability (albeit a temporary one). But just overweight? No, I'm sorry, you do not have a right to two seats on a crowded car. This is why some airlines are having obese passengers pay for two seats.
We are not on an airline numnuts, which is a private business.

The subway is pubilc transportation which is supported by MY taxes, as it is by every so thought obsese person.

Moreover, how is it that you decide what is and who is obsese?

How is it that you decide the size of a seat?

Again, are you suggesting the 6'3", 280lb man is "obese, and should give up his seat; or, is it just the 5'5' 180lb woman?

Or, is it the general 'poor' you wish to exclude? It is the 'poor' who the statistics define as the majority of the so thought obeses?

Pasty little mini WG wants to define the world....

Why stop at the obese?

Frankly, Tourists and Transplants are far more annoying and obstructive than anyone else, save the crazy kids with no home training.

Pregnancy is NOT a disability!

It is a chosen physical state which can be avoided. If one chooses to be pregnant, your choice does not entitle you to anything more than a non pregnant person. It is as simple as that.

If the subway is your only means of transportation and you cannot afford another more convenient method of transport, then obviously you have made a poor choice in getting pregnant. Not my problem!

Old 01-20-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
uhh, yes, everyone DOES pay their fare--that fare entitles you to ONE SEAT. If your big ass is taking up two seats, get up! If you're pregnant, different story--I'd put that in the same category as a disability (albeit a temporary one). But just overweight? No, I'm sorry, you do not have a right to two seats on a crowded car. This is why some airlines are having obese passengers pay for two seats.
We are not on an airline numnuts, which is a private business.

The subway is pubilc transportation which is supported by MY taxes, as it is by every so thought obsese person.

Moreover, how is it that you decide what is and who is obsese?

How is it that you decide the size of a seat?

Again, are you suggesting the 6'3", 280lb man is "obese, and should give up his seat; or, is it just the 5'5' 180lb woman?

Or, is it the general 'poor' you wish to exclude? It is the 'poor' who the statistics define as the majority of the so thought obese?

Pasty little mini WG wants to define the world....

Why stop at the obese?

Frankly, Tourists and Transplants are far more annoying and obstructive than anyone else, save the crazy kids with no home training.

Pregnancy is NOT a disability!

It is a chosen physical state which can be avoided. If one chooses to be pregnant, your choice does not entitle you to anything more than a non pregnant person. It is as simple as that.

If the subway is your only means of transportation and you cannot afford another more convenient method of transport, then obviously you have made a poor choice in getting pregnant.

Not my problem!

Old 01-20-2012, 03:42 PM

Btw, one's taxes and paid fare entitles anyone to any seat their big ass fits!

In fact, some people's tax burden entitles them to more than a single seat, just as some people's taxes entitles them to no seat at all.

You see, this is the direction when idiots engage in 'selective prejudice'.

Prejudice can be cut in any way the knifeholder chooses. No one has any right to exception, except those weilding the knife.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:08 PM

31 posts, read 74,322 times
btw, I thought this website might interest some of you:

Going with Eddie

This guy posts photos/video of every day annoyances on the subway...

Old 01-20-2012, 06:15 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Here's another annoyance to put on the list: the person who lugs something onto a train that's far too big to be there.
The other day I saw an A train car with the doorway area filled (floor to ceiling) with cans for recycling. OK, it's not an I-beam, but still...

Old 01-20-2012, 07:15 PM

292 posts, read 704,999 times
People who go looking for "the perfect door" when I am trying to close down the train so we can get moving. Any port in a storm, knucklehead!

Old 01-20-2012, 07:17 PM

292 posts, read 704,999 times
Quote:
Today as I was getting onto the R train at 18th avenue at about 7:30 this morning, the jackass lady in front of me gets partially on the train, STOPS at the door, in the middle of the doorway (barely even in the damn car) and is looking around the car for a seat. Really?? You stop IN THE DOORWAY during rushhour, so no one can get around you, to strategize about which seat you want? REALLY???

Needless to say, people coming in through the other doors took the remaining seats while she was mulling it over, and I pushed into her and went past her, and ended up getting the last seat on the train :-)

and what about people who walk slooooowly up the steps. Come on! people have places to go, what the hell are you doing?
Yeah, this is what I was kvetching about earlier, some people really move in their own world, like no one else exists or counts around them.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:03 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,792,545 times
Quote:
btw, I thought this website might interest some of you:

Going with Eddie

This guy posts photos/video of every day annoyances on the subway...
Great Link ~ ~ rep!

Just shows how so many people feel entitled and self centered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City