Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2012, 04:14 PM

303 posts, read 603,792 times

Advertisements

We mentioned crappy musicians right?

By the look of it he's probly just trying to **** ppl off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 07:20 PM

160 posts, read 198,241 times
I have a solution to two problems: Moms, put your small kids between the legs of the guys who are taking up three seats airing out their "boys." They'll fit handily; and it will give the men a chance to think seriously about whether they really want to go to such extreme lengths to maintain their fertility.

(That was a joke. Moms, just don't let your kids kick me the whole ride. Guys, you aren't fooling anyone; you do not have the genitalia of Shamu. And even if you did, we'd actually like you better if you didn't, but did let us sit down in that spare seat.)

If pregnancy is a choice, then guys should not leave it entirely to women. But since they do, they can give up a subway seat now and then. And not leave that entirely to women too. Sheesh. Your mother undoubtedly took some seats offered to her when she was pregnant with you, oh master of unchivalry.

Last edited by sywi; 01-21-2012 at 07:29 PM..

Old 01-25-2012, 04:13 AM

2,896 posts, read 9,813,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sywi View Post
If pregnancy is a choice....
Are you seriously questioning whether pregnancy is a choice?

You are kidding, right?

I could wax philisophically all day regarding women and men; AND I do not wish to get into any debate re 'societal responsibility', because I deal in the 'real'. It might take a 'village, but this ain't no 'village'!!

Quote:
...then guys should not leave it entirely to women. But since they do, they can give up a subway seat now and then. And not leave that entirely to women too.
LMAO!

WHAT does YOUR pregnancy have to do with ME?!

WHAT does YOUR choices have to do with ME?

HOW is it that I have any responsibility for YOU? HOW is it that I must sacrafice for YOU and your stupid choices?

Not doing it.

Are YOU providing me with any reward for the smart choices and personal sacrafices I make?

Nope!

Are you? I make the right choice, are you giving up YOUR seat to me, because I made the right choice NOT to burden those unrelated to me and my issues?

Nope.

Quote:
Sheesh. Your mother undoubtedly took some seats offered to her when she was pregnant with you, oh master of unchivalry.
You see you PRESUME everyone is from the same low life circumstance.

MY mother never rode the subway with me in her belly. Neither will any women of mine. In fact, where I come from it is a definite negative statement to have your women (which MUST be your WIFE) using public transportation with one's children! Real *men* provide for their families; or they do not have them.

Where I come from, certain basic realities are adhered to. Number one, if you cannot afford to *safeguard* your women and children from the ills and dangers of public transport then you d*mn well cannot afford children, let alone your women.

Factual reality. Where I come from, we do NOT have children we cannot afford!

Let me make myself absolutely clear. IMO staunch opinion the worst thing anyone can do is to bring a life into this world, unwanted, unprepared for, and unafforded! It s/b a crime. Anyone doing so, s/b arrested and imprisoned.

There is education, there is abstinance, there is birth control (and I do not mean relyiing on burstable rubber tubes!), there is abortion.

There is absolutely NO reason, today, for anyone to bring a life into this world in anything but the absolute best circumstance.

Anyone who does so is an absolute irresponsible piece of sh*t!

So, the woman on the subway needing a seat---not my problem. She is responsible for herself in every way. This is particularly so in the day and age of sexual equality!! You Bs can not have it all ways!!!

As far as chivilary. Such is reserved for the likes of LADIES! Show me a 'Lady' and I'll show you a Gentleman.

Btw, if you are a feminazi B, you can in no way be a 'Lady'.

Again, let me be clear. "Ladies" worthy of chivilarous regard and action, do NOT get pregnant out of wedlock; ladies conduct themselves with virtue, and are epitomized by their virtue; ladies do not lay with indiscriminate males; ladies do not allow irresponsible males to ejaculate within them; ladies are supported by MEN, and do not associate with males who are less than MEN; ladies do NOT disregard their unborn potential children by choosing indiscriminate males as indiscriminate uncommited seed donors.

NOW, if you find yourself, pregnant, by way of your non-virtuous self-regard and action, standing on a crowded subway, and the males and men do not show you any regard, comprehend, it is because you are unworthy! Also, that the male you have chosen is NOT providing.

70% of black children born out of wedlock.

60% divorce rate.

1 in 4 black males in jail or on probation.

Feminist propaganda instructing women that men and marriage is irrelevant; to be independant of men; that you are EQUAL!

I will not support the above.

Stand and suffer B. Stand and suffer. Be Men!!!

Oh and check this. Have a ring on your finger, I just might give you my seat. It w/b out of presumed respect for the man the ring represents, and the virtue you exhibit by being married while pregnant!

No ring?

Stand and suffer hoe!

Old 01-25-2012, 05:41 AM

292 posts, read 704,999 times
Pregnancy is preventable, so is obesity. Pregnancy is a choice, and there is nothing wrong with it, just as there is nothing wrong with a pregnant woman riding the subway.

Now, onto another complaint.

What is it about "stand clear of the closing doors" that causes stupid people to start sticking their heads out, moving to stand against the door jamb, etc? And not just kids.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:54 AM

409 posts, read 497,865 times
I used to give seats up to people, but eventually it started to suck as I was the one getting screwed everyday. And as such, I switched the f**k everyone else every man for himself policy.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:59 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,292,651 times
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Rate your rat.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:03 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artzilla View Post
What is it about "stand clear of the closing doors" that causes stupid people to start sticking their heads out, moving to stand against the door jamb, etc? And not just kids.
I think that's related to the phenomenon of leaning out over the edge of the platform to see if your train is coming. (As everyone knows, the train will never arrive if you're not leaning out to see it!)

Old 01-25-2012, 07:30 PM

613 posts, read 815,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I think that's related to the phenomenon of leaning out over the edge of the platform to see if your train is coming. (As everyone knows, the train will never arrive if you're not leaning out to see it!)
Guilty as charged, only when I'm darn sure there is no one near enough to push me, and not when the station is crowded.

In my defense I've been known to watch a kettle until it boils.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:29 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicCoward View Post
I used to give seats up to people, but eventually it started to suck as I was the one getting screwed everyday. And as such, I switched the f**k everyone else every man for himself policy.
On the subject of subway seats, here's a nice little annoyance that I got to experience yesterday on my way in to work...

I boarded my train, and there was some space at the end of the row next to a woman already seated. Not a whole lot of space, but certainly enough for me to occupy--and besides, the woman had plenty of room to her left and right.

So I sat down...but the woman simply refused to slide over. Even two or three inches would have allowed both of us to be comfortable. But she wouldn't.

What she didn't know was that she was playing her silly game with the wrong person. It was pretty obvious that she wanted me to get up and find another seat elsewhere in the car, but I had no intentions of doing anything like that. I stayed right where I was.

Guess who won? It was me, in a shutout! Three stops down the line, and she got up and moved to a different row. The person truly inconvenienced by her lack of consideration was her, not me. (I was only riding the train for two more stops; I couldn't help but wonder what she was thinking when she saw me get up to exit the train).

Old 01-29-2012, 01:36 AM

160 posts, read 198,241 times
JColtrane --

Whoah. That was the most incoherent, illogical, splenetic thing I have read on the Internet in months.

You are the sort of guy who would have trampled women rushing for a seat on a lifeboat on the Titanic.

Note I said "guy," not "man."

MY choices? I have no children. I was speaking for the pregnant women I have given my seat to on subways and buses, while healthy men in their prime hide behind their newspapers.

Only in New York. Where I come from, men earned my respect by acting like men. Many New York males do too, of course.

But not your kind. You're a girl-man. And you don't even get it.

Also, somebody really needs to sit you down and explain the basics of sexual reproduction. When you see a pregnant woman, the chances are vanishingly small a man was not fully involved.

I mean, duh.

Seriously, DUH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City