U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-20-2011, 03:55 PM
 
3 posts, read 5,918 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

Ok so the amtrak train does not stop at 125st harlem station. But there is a train that would bring me to new Rochelle by 8:12pm... Is that cutting it too close? Are these metro north trains usually on time, and specific to the minute?
Thanks
-H
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-20-2011, 03:58 PM
 
2,853 posts, read 6,256,748 times
Reputation: 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntlymo11 View Post
Ok so the amtrak train does not stop at 125st harlem station. But there is a train that would bring me to new Rochelle by 8:12pm... Is that cutting it too close? Are these metro north trains usually on time, and specific to the minute?
Thanks
-H
Does the train stop at Penn Station?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2011, 03:59 PM
 
Location: Bronx, NY
9,832 posts, read 21,506,455 times
Reputation: 3503
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntlymo11 View Post
Ok so the amtrak train does not stop at 125st harlem station. But there is a train that would bring me to new Rochelle by 8:12pm... Is that cutting it too close? Are these metro north trains usually on time, and specific to the minute?
Thanks
-H
From experience no they do not usually run on time. Metro North is better time wise on average than LIRR but I find it is still usually 3 to 5 minutes late on average.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2011, 04:12 PM
 
Location: Beautiful Pelham Parkway,The Bronx
8,389 posts, read 19,636,575 times
Reputation: 6215
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntlymo11 View Post
Ok so the amtrak train does not stop at 125st harlem station. But there is a train that would bring me to new Rochelle by 8:12pm... Is that cutting it too close? Are these metro north trains usually on time, and specific to the minute?
Thanks
-H
Cutting it too close. You have to leave early and get the 7:26 at 125th St or do the cab or car service. Probably 50 bucks.
Or take a later train to wherever you are going .

Of course the Amtrak train could well(will probably?) be late but you can't count on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2011, 04:44 PM
 
168 posts, read 455,489 times
Reputation: 94
If you caught the 7:50 metro north train, you'll be cutting it close. Metro North is very reliable, and Amtrak is usually at least 2-5 min. late. Also, while ultimately I think you'll be ok if you cab it to New Roc from Columbia, you're still leaving yourself under and hr to get there. If 95 or the hutch is backed up, it could take you longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2011, 09:10 PM
 
Location: DC/NY
1,561 posts, read 2,139,672 times
Reputation: 1625
Not sure I'm understanding the question, but the Northeast Regional stops at Penn Station. Is there a reason you specifically need to catch it at New Rochelle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2011, 09:55 PM
 
2,853 posts, read 6,256,748 times
Reputation: 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjretrac View Post
Not sure I'm understanding the question, but the Northeast Regional stops at Penn Station. Is there a reason you specifically need to catch it at New Rochelle?
That was my question a few posts back - whether it stops in Penn Station. That seems like the obvious solution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2011, 10:46 PM
 
168 posts, read 455,489 times
Reputation: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc33433 View Post
That was my question a few posts back - whether it stops in Penn Station. That seems like the obvious solution.
I don't think that helps. Looks like the train that gets in to New Rochelle at 8:15 leaves Penn at 7:40. That only leaves 10 minutes to get from Columbia (assuming they left at 7:30) to Penn Station, which is pretty impossible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2011, 07:04 AM
 
2,853 posts, read 6,256,748 times
Reputation: 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullingHairs View Post
I don't think that helps. Looks like the train that gets in to New Rochelle at 8:15 leaves Penn at 7:40. That only leaves 10 minutes to get from Columbia (assuming they left at 7:30) to Penn Station, which is pretty impossible.
That's true, but unless I missed it, it wasn't clear to me which direction she is headed on the NE Corridor - north or south. So whether the train is heading to New Rochelle or from New Rochelle. That makes a difference too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2011, 09:22 AM
 
168 posts, read 455,489 times
Reputation: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc33433 View Post
That's true, but unless I missed it, it wasn't clear to me which direction she is headed on the NE Corridor - north or south. So whether the train is heading to New Rochelle or from New Rochelle. That makes a difference too.
Gotcha. Aside from the fact that it doesn't make sense to go south to go north, there is no southbound 8:15PM train out of New Rochelle, so we have to assume that she is travelling on the 8:25 Northbound
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top