U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Favorite borough
Manhattan 29 46.77%
Brooklyn 15 24.19%
Queens 7 11.29%
Bronx 7 11.29%
Staten Island 4 6.45%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-23-2011, 10:33 PM
 
33 posts, read 29,760 times
Reputation: 16

Advertisements

What BXG said. American soil ppl!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-23-2011, 10:39 PM
 
9,343 posts, read 16,756,634 times
Reputation: 4221
As a borough (New York City administrative district), it's "The Bronx"; as a county (political sub-division of New York State), it's "Bronx".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2011, 07:27 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States
266 posts, read 341,614 times
Reputation: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Brooklyn rocks. It is just as diverse as Manhattan, but slightly a little lower key.

Brooklyn is the trendiest hood in the US, so it says in the magazine.
Brooklyn is much more diverse than Manhattan, what are you talking about? Manhattan is a bunch of overpriced buildings and stores along with some actual neighborhoods way uptown. The other boroughs actually have neighborhoods. And aren't as cramped.

And other than the really-high end stores, everything you can find in Manhattan, you can find elsewhere in the city limits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2011, 08:30 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,059 posts, read 19,809,581 times
Reputation: 10130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasket View Post
Even without noting that you identified yourself as a Seattle-ite, I figured you weren't from New York just from your question. Out-of-towners are generally the ones who ask this.

For the record, however, my favorite borough happens to be the one in which I was born and live now: Brooklyn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2011, 08:55 AM
 
1,090 posts, read 1,705,927 times
Reputation: 679
1 vote for Staten Island Lmaoooo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2011, 08:58 AM
 
1,090 posts, read 1,705,927 times
Reputation: 679
PS. I live in Queens and voted for Manhattan...dangit. I am so cliche.

Here's my take on the boros

Manhattan--Obviously, duh...it's cool
Brooklyn--Yeah, tell me how trendy it is so you can charge me 20%+ a month on rent and I am STILL not living IN Manhattan lol
Queens- Yeah, I live here. We get it. It's not trendy. It's a bunch of families. It's *boring* in comparison to all the action you get in Manhattan..Brooklyn..and esp. The Bronx --but I like the affordability & even as a mid-20s gal, I could give a crap about "up and coming" lol.
Staten Island- I don't know why everyone has something against you. Don't worry, I don't judge you
The Bronx- Who the hell in their right mind would even vote for The Bronx? Love ya fellow Bronx buddies, but y'all crazy as sh*t lmao.

If there is one boro I hate in NYC I would have to say it's DEFINITELY The Bronx and I could never understand why all of my friends who grew up in The Bronx never seemed to want to move out of it...even once they're successful..they upgrade to a half-ghetto/half-decent neighborhood and stick around. I'm so glad the Lord never made me grow up in The Bronx. With my rainbow earrings and polka dot lunch bags I would have had a hard time surviving. I'm far too sensitive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2011, 09:34 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn,NY
1,961 posts, read 2,285,488 times
Reputation: 1114
I live in brooklyn and I hate it. SI is my vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2011, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Bronx
8,470 posts, read 7,670,157 times
Reputation: 3920
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingCherry View Post
PS. I live in Queens and voted for Manhattan...dangit. I am so cliche.

Here's my take on the boros

Manhattan--Obviously, duh...it's cool
Brooklyn--Yeah, tell me how trendy it is so you can charge me 20%+ a month on rent and I am STILL not living IN Manhattan lol
Queens- Yeah, I live here. We get it. It's not trendy. It's a bunch of families. It's *boring* in comparison to all the action you get in Manhattan..Brooklyn..and esp. The Bronx --but I like the affordability & even as a mid-20s gal, I could give a crap about "up and coming" lol.
Staten Island- I don't know why everyone has something against you. Don't worry, I don't judge you
The Bronx- Who the hell in their right mind would even vote for The Bronx? Love ya fellow Bronx buddies, but y'all crazy as sh*t lmao.

If there is one boro I hate in NYC I would have to say it's DEFINITELY The Bronx and I could never understand why all of my friends who grew up in The Bronx never seemed to want to move out of it...even once they're successful..they upgrade to a half-ghetto/half-decent neighborhood and stick around. I'm so glad the Lord never made me grow up in The Bronx. With my rainbow earrings and polka dot lunch bags I would have had a hard time surviving. I'm far too sensitive.
I only like queens for the airports and immigrant chicks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2011, 10:14 AM
 
1,090 posts, read 1,705,927 times
Reputation: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I only like queens for the airports and immigrant chicks.
LOL!

Did you vote Bronx?..because I wanna know what the hell The Bronx has to offer!!

Who is voting for it? I think their finger accidentally slipped on the mouse!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2011, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Bronx
8,470 posts, read 7,670,157 times
Reputation: 3920
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingCherry View Post
LOL!

Did you vote Bronx?..because I wanna know what the hell The Bronx has to offer!!

Who is voting for it? I think their finger accidentally slipped on the mouse!!!
I voted for the bronx. Why should I hate where im from, im not a transplant who where he or she hates or small town of tabernakle ohio. I love the bronx because of its history and its on the american mainland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:42 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top