U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Favorite borough
Manhattan 29 46.03%
Brooklyn 15 23.81%
Queens 8 12.70%
Bronx 7 11.11%
Staten Island 4 6.35%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 08:22 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,143,624 times

Advertisements

Manhattan. It's where I live and work. 'Tis home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 08:26 PM

5,666 posts, read 3,210,029 times
Manhattan where I was born and raised. Second, would be Queens where I lived for 10 years.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:25 PM

2 posts, read 2,047 times
people lets be serious. The bronx has its bad areas just like brooklyn and queens. But outside manhattan the bronx has the best nyc attractions. I vote for manhattan with the bronx coming in second

Yankees-biggest american team
yankee stadium-the Roman coliseum of ny
Bronx zoo-biggest metro zoo in america
north bronx-pelham,riverdale,country club etc
Best access to america outside manhattan
New york botanical garden
Birthplace of hip hop-biggest american culture export in recent years and biggest form of music created directly by nyc

Old 10-24-2011, 09:47 PM

3,244 posts, read 3,489,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
5. Staten Island - Unrated. The anti-NYC. I don't care if people like it or hate it, I just don't consider it to be part of New York City. Seriously, the people from SI should not say they are from NYC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
We tried secession, hard, twice! The other four boroughs saddle us with ultra-liberal politics, high taxes and ridiculous tolls, and we get nothing in return because most people have jobs and own their own home, not a popular political constituency to pander to in the city.

I'd probably be staying in Staten Island if it had seceded during one of the previous attempts, but the Brooklynization has become way too much for me and many other natives. No longer the environment I find desirable for raising a family. You ruined our streets with your personal parking "rules", destroyed entire friendly neighborhoods with your constant need to have a tough stare on, turned stop signs into nearly-invisible suggestions, and built 15 houses in the spaces 1 Staten Island family used to call home. If being a real New Yorker requires understanding that parking fights are normal on a residential street, you can keep it.

PS, I didn't vote, because I realized fairly recently that NYC has no borough worth the hassle of living in for me.
I rest my case.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:00 PM

6,967 posts, read 17,775,875 times
manhattan
queens
bronx
brooklyn
si

Old 10-24-2011, 10:18 PM

456 posts, read 759,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
We tried secession, hard, twice! The other four boroughs saddle us with ultra-liberal politics, high taxes and ridiculous tolls, and we get nothing in return because most people have jobs and own their own home, not a popular political constituency to pander to in the city.

I'd probably be staying in Staten Island if it had seceded during one of the previous attempts, but the Brooklynization has become way too much for me and many other natives. No longer the environment I find desirable for raising a family. You ruined our streets with your personal parking "rules", destroyed entire friendly neighborhoods with your constant need to have a tough stare on, turned stop signs into nearly-invisible suggestions, and built 15 houses in the spaces 1 Staten Island family used to call home. If being a real New Yorker requires understanding that parking fights are normal on a residential street, you can keep it.

PS, I didn't vote, because I realized fairly recently that NYC has no borough worth the hassle of living in for me.
Exactly. SI has become an extension of Brooklyn and not in a good way.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:43 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,998,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I don't care what you can't tell. I was just stating a fact that I heard on TV.

but Brooklyn does rock !!!
Lol

The Best Restaurants in Brooklyn, the Coolest City on the Planet: Travel Features: GQ

Brooklyn Heights - (One of) America's Most Beautiful Neighborhood. . .
America's Most Beautiful Neighborhoods- Page 2 - Articles | Travel + Leisure

I'm biased I'm from Brooklyn so. . . . .

I love the city as a whole, of course, but my rankings are:

Brooklyn
Manhattan
Queens
The Bronx
Staten Island ()

Old 10-25-2011, 07:49 AM

20,185 posts, read 26,506,670 times
Manhattan:
It's where I live, play, enrich my mind and life. And it's where I'll die.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:30 AM

15,237 posts, read 23,808,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
Lol

The Best Restaurants in Brooklyn, the Coolest City on the Planet: Travel Features: GQ

Brooklyn Heights - (One of) America's Most Beautiful Neighborhood. . .
America's Most Beautiful Neighborhoods- Page 2 - Articles | Travel + Leisure

I'm biased I'm from Brooklyn so. . . . .

I love the city as a whole, of course, but my rankings are:

Brooklyn
Manhattan
Queens
The Bronx
Staten Island ()
Thank you. You must have seen the same thing i did.

yeah baby, Brooklyn Rocks...... Hey, I was born here, so I am 100 percent Brooklynite.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:20 AM

7,917 posts, read 6,498,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
I rest my case.
And I don't disagree with you at all. There's absolutely no value in being a part of NYC. I just wish all you people who rant against SI would have publicly supported secession when it was raised. We'd be off your backs and you'd be off ours. Everybody gets what they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City