U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-24-2011, 03:19 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland, IL
124 posts, read 187,622 times
Reputation: 92

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Thats a conservative christian site and not a credible news source...
Because we all know there's no bias in news except when it's presented by a Christian and/or Conservative...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-24-2011, 04:00 PM
 
327 posts, read 262,246 times
Reputation: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
New York City as a Sanctuary City is the thread topic. Its a subtopic of Illegal Immgration which is a much broader topic that is characterized by an array of such subtopics.

And like I asked, sanctuary from what? Makes it sound as is this is the Antebellum and slaves are trying to gain their freedom by stepping foot on free soil. The truth of the matter is we have decriminalized immigration.
Have you ever played tag?

They would be safe on home base.

This is another brilliant plan by bloomberg, have illegals compete with Americans for jobs.

Votes matter more in this country more than sanity, over crowding, speaking english and putting americans first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2011, 04:17 PM
 
Location: 20 years from now
5,073 posts, read 5,421,136 times
Reputation: 3134
I don't know if I'd go as far as to call them "criminal aliens" but NY (especially NYC) is a sanctuary of some sort for immigrants of all types. They have so much more lieniency here because politicians are afraid to enforce the laws already on the books.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2011, 05:49 PM
 
400 posts, read 832,781 times
Reputation: 246
Good. They should increase the pressure on those middle class loser families to leave. New York City is a ruling class city; we need cheap exploitable labor. These new announcements will facilitate even cheaper labor. We don't need some middle class loser families demanding fair salaries and benefits. We are the ruling class and want cheap labor to do work for the minimum possible.

If we can cloak these desires in the facade of fairness for immigrants even better. We get the benefits of exploiting workers and the high moral ground. While we are looking good fighting for the rights of the exploited the middle class losers reach for the despicable world of overt racism against the immigrants. We ruling class come out smelling like roses and fatten up our wallets. With the media 100% behind us ruling class you middle class losers will be shipped off to loserville Carolina or where ever losers go when they can't make it in New York anymore.That was hilarious, for real.

Those jewish politicians are pushing for more third world immigration especially to large cities like New York and Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2011, 06:19 PM
 
Location: Bronx, NY
9,832 posts, read 21,506,455 times
Reputation: 3503
Hey somebodys got to deliver all that food and scrub all those dishes. Or work at the track...

May sound ridiculous but these businesses have powerful lobbies...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2011, 06:35 PM
 
113 posts, read 254,827 times
Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Hey somebodys got to deliver all that food and scrub all those dishes. Or work at the track...

May sound ridiculous but these businesses have powerful lobbies...
:::Waiting for someone to say that Americans will do all those jobs for a liveable wage in 3...2...1::::

Having worked in the restaurant business in NYC for the last 15 years, I can say it's not that simple, even if you pay well over minimum wage. I do not support illegal immigration, but most Americans simply do not want those jobs (in NYC anyway). When the economy tanked at the end of 2008, we got DOZENS of people coming in off the street claiming to be desperate for work...but they only wanted to work as a waiter/waitress, on Friday and Saturday night of course, even if they had no experience. We would ask them if they wanted to start off as a bus person until they gained some experience, they would look at us and say "no thanks." So yeah...until some people stop thinking they're too good for certain jobs, unfortunately, the illegals are here to stay.

Last edited by RandomPersonInNY; 10-24-2011 at 06:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2011, 07:33 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland, IL
124 posts, read 187,622 times
Reputation: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I don't know if I'd go as far as to call them "criminal aliens" but NY (especially NYC) is a sanctuary of some sort for immigrants of all types. They have so much more lieniency here because politicians are afraid to enforce the laws already on the books.
Isn't being in the country illegally a crime? Therefor, if you are an illegal immigrant, you are a criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2011, 07:42 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland, IL
124 posts, read 187,622 times
Reputation: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPersonInNY View Post
:::Waiting for someone to say that Americans will do all those jobs for a liveable wage in 3...2...1::::

Having worked in the restaurant business in NYC for the last 15 years, I can say it's not that simple, even if you pay well over minimum wage. I do not support illegal immigration, but most Americans simply do not want those jobs (in NYC anyway). When the economy tanked at the end of 2008, we got DOZENS of people coming in off the street claiming to be desperate for work...but they only wanted to work as a waiter/waitress, on Friday and Saturday night of course, even if they had no experience. We would ask them if they wanted to start off as a bus person until they gained some experience, they would look at us and say "no thanks." So yeah...until some people stop thinking they're too good for certain jobs, unfortunately, the illegals are here to stay.
I also think a big problem in being so picky is their ability to stay on welfare for so long and I've seen it happen, people turn down jobs saying, "I make more on welfare." Charity is great! But that's what it should be, charity! From Charity groups and churches, NOT the government. The government will keep people on it for votes, etc. Charities want to help you out and get you back on your feet to take care of yourself, the way it should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2011, 07:47 PM
 
1,785 posts, read 2,922,897 times
Reputation: 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Klato View Post
NEW YORK TO BECOME SANCTUARY CITY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS - TheCypressTimes (http://www.thecypresstimes.com/article/News/National_News/NEW_YORK_TO_BECOME_SANCTUARY_CITY_FOR_ILLEGAL_ALIE NS/51984 - broken link)
I hate to break it to you, but your media source is outdated. And by that, I mean REALLY old. NYC has been a Sanctuary City for YEARS, but it was made really easy for them (and harder for ICE) in 2003.

You can read up on illegal immigration and its economic cost to NYC here - but trust me - it'll never change in NYC. And I hate that fact too.

Illegal immigration to New York City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2011, 07:59 PM
 
113 posts, read 254,827 times
Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne222 View Post
I also think a big problem in being so picky is their ability to stay on welfare for so long and I've seen it happen, people turn down jobs saying, "I make more on welfare." Charity is great! But that's what it should be, charity! From Charity groups and churches, NOT the government. The government will keep people on it for votes, etc. Charities want to help you out and get you back on your feet to take care of yourself, the way it should be.
I know that's another problem as well. Sometimes when we do find a willing employee, another question they'll ask is if they can work off the books because they say they don't want it to interfere with their Medicaid/food stamps/unemployment/whatever the benefit is. And they actually tell us this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top