Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 04:22 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,357,878 times

Advertisements

Murder has been going on since he day of the Egyptians as well. I guess it should be legalized.

Quote:
As 16 NYPD officers were arraigned at a Bronx courthouse yesterday to face charges related to the department's massive ticket-fixing probe, around 500 off-duty police officers, including paralyzed NYPD officer Steven McDonald, showed up to voice their support for "professional privilege." According to the Times, the officers shoved away television cameras and jeered at people receiving public assistance at a benefits center across the street.
Cops Mock Poor People, Calls Prosecutors "Pieces Of S--t," Claim Ticket-Fixing Is Just The Way It Is: Gothamist

Last edited by bmwguydc; 10-30-2011 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: Copyright issue: Snippet and link, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 06:43 AM

83 posts, read 99,500 times
Default Basically, cops are a disgrace in NYC

Basically it takes a high school education to hold down the job of a cop. When I see some of them on the street, I wonder how they made it through high school.

There has to be GREATER SUPERVISION of these losers.

Ray Kelly has done a terrible job.

The nasty, negative unprofessional attitude that NY cops have is a total disgrace.

Rude, ignorant, corrupt...if they couldn't cause so much harm they would be a laughing stock.

It's called a sense of "entitlement." Blue-collar entitilement - and basically these low-life, losers who work as cops (there are no Walmarts in NYC so where else can they work) desperately want to feel important.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:13 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
I am so glad the rain is pouring down on the heads of the NYPD right now.

They've always had this "do as I say, not as I do" attitude towards the rest of NYers and it's finally getting the exposure that it deserves.

The media has done a great job exposing this over the past month.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:36 AM

19,048 posts, read 13,964,273 times
The "protest" was pretty stupid and made it even worse than it was to begin with. It seems like the ones who actually got indicted were taking favors for their "curtesies", which isn't something that should be supported by anyone. There is something to their complaint of selective punishment though. I find it odd that this is falling on the heads of the lowest of the organization when the higher-ups had knowledge, and likely participated, in the practice.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:22 AM

400 posts, read 983,599 times
The officers of the NYPD are trying to do whatever it takes to keep the NYPD a Irish/Italian and partially greek Criminal syndicate. They must do whatever it takes (harass minorities, fabricate cases, fix tickets, sell drugs, rob people etc) to maintain there strangle hold on the jobs they have and want their propsects (children and neighbors) to have.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:40 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushingRepresenter View Post
The officers of the NYPD are trying to do whatever it takes to keep the NYPD a Irish/Italian and partially greek Criminal syndicate. They must do whatever it takes (harass minorities, fabricate cases, fix tickets, sell drugs, rob people etc) to maintain there strangle hold on the jobs they have and want their propsects (children and neighbors) to have.

The department is well over 50% non-white these days...

Old 10-31-2011, 11:21 AM

19,048 posts, read 13,964,273 times
If you would have made that post 50 years ago or about the FDNY, you'd have a point (minus the greek part). Now, you just sound like a race-baiter. You're not even close to describing the current racial make-up of the NYPD.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:55 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
This will make me very unpopular.
I think police corruption should be severely punished,
however, in my few dealings with the police
I have found them to be very conscientious
and polite and helpful.
My husband and I remember the fat uncouth slobs who
used to be on the force before 911.
There has been a tremendous improvement.
I am glad that these scandals break and the public
knows about them.
Years back, you'd know these things were so prevent
that they would not even make the news.
I would not taint the entire force because of the few
rotten apples. The very reason why this makes the
news is probably because it is the exception.

No, I am not personally well acquainted with
anyone on the force.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:48 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushingRepresenter View Post
I've called the police dept twice during my life in NYC. Both times the white cops were in the minority, most of the cops were latino.

In any event, cops protesting this was a bad idea - makes the cops look like any loser family shouting to the press at the son's arraignment for murder that "he was a good boy". They are apologists for cheating and lyin, and unequal treatment in a patronage system.

I'm not going to tar all cops as bad apples, but this protest is self-defeating.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:52 PM

400 posts, read 983,599 times
[quote=Airborneguy;21513125]The department is well over 50% non-white these days...

Indeed this is true. Now lets examine the racial make up of the top people of the department. The lower levels of the NYPD (Police Officer and Detective) may be majority non-whites but as you approach the higher echelon of the NYPD the percents rise back into tawny white control. The Irish and Italian crime bosses have a strangle hold on the highest ranks of the NYPD and they're not letting them go anytime soon.

Minorities Gain in NYPD Ranks - WSJ.com

Raymond Walter Kelly = Irish NYPD crime King pin

I'm fiending to see your response./quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City