Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 08:06 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,254,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
There is no hope for you...it is not about race and never has been. So long as you keep blaming the victims, the actual problems are never solved.
Sobro, you will never get it. Instead of your "people" depending on the government or someone else to "fix" the problem, your "people" should empower THEMSELVES to help their own cause. On a one on one basis. The question is...do your "people" have the DESIRE? Do your "people" have that DRIVE that will not make them just another statistic?

The information and resources are out there for ANYONE to prosper. But it's not going to fall in your lap, you gotta pay your dues and go look for it.

And thats what the average ghetto person is not willing to do. They want the easy way out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 08:18 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
Are you sure this isn't Herman Cain talking? "You have nobody to blame but yourself if you don't have a job, lose your home, etc."

Ok.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:22 AM

Guilty as charged...I AM Herman Cain. I couldn't fool you Sobro. And yes that is my quote. And guess what? I'm BLACK biatches! And what?

Old 11-04-2011, 08:29 AM

Sobro, though I think I already know the answer, what political party are you a member of and support? Democrats or Republicans? Are you an OBAMA lover?

Old 11-04-2011, 08:31 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
I am independent. I think there is enough blame to go around for both. And the Democratic machine holding the Bronx hostage is nothing more than a bunch of criminals themselves, doing whatever they can to keep the place as poor, ignorant, and dependent on the government as possible (their voting base).

There is a reason why the Bronx has few, if any market developments as compared to every other borough: The Democratic thugs won't allow it. They claim it is to "protect" the people, but it is self-serving as their only goal is to maintain power and not allow other people to move in.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:17 AM
DAS

2,532 posts, read 6,857,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
HilltopJay...there really is no hope for you. You should really learn your history...the Bronx was coined as "The Wild West" long before anyone 2 shades darker than milk showed up. You lose all credibility by extolling the nonsense of "white is good, black is bad."
Hopefully people will actually read the history of the Bronx and crime there for themselves. Also autobiographies of famous Bronxites that happen to be White, give eyewitness accounts of their neighborhoods and the crime, long before any Black or Latin people arrived or were allowed into those areas.
No one should depend on this forums post for history lessons. It is constantly being rewritten on this forum.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:21 AM

34,011 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Yes in general its a POOR thing but poor white people act differently than poor black people. Seventh, you are obviously a black person so I know you don't like it when blacks are spoken bad of and you TRY to defend their actions but come on bro, lets be realistic...the black SUB-culture that plagues your people is not only effecting your own people (black on black murders/crime) but it effects the innocent residents in the community who are not black and could care less of that culture. It's so in your face that you can't ignore it.

The culture I speak of is no different than a cancer in your body. It originates in one specific part of your body, then slowly starts to infect or spread throughout the rest of your body unit it consumes you and you die.

That's exactly what happened to the Bronx when Blacks and Puerto Ricans moved in. Their sub-standard ghetto culture (cancer) originated in one area of the borough and started spreading north, destroying everything in its path just like a hurricane would.

For crying out loud...the GRAND CONCOURSE use to be considered the "5th Ave" of the Bronx. Gorgeous buildings, clean streets because the residents back then took good take of it. Look at it now. Ever since Blacks and Puerto Ricans moved in, they destroyed it. I'm not making this stuff up. Instead of trying to place blame on someone or something else, you need to take a hard look at your "people" as a whole and fix their issues from within instead of blaming slavery, discrimination, racism, or whatever other lame excuse you could come up with to justify their actions.

Even Bill Cosby, a black man, would agree with me. I know I come off harsh but those are the facts. Do yourself a favor and research Bill Cosby and see what he thinks about his own black race and the culture within. In short, he disapproves of it.

Comedian Chris Rock said it best in his "Bring the Pain" stand up special. "There are 2 types of black people...there are BLACK people and then there are NI****. Black people (i.e. Bill Cosby and others) can't stand NI****"

And this is my point exactly. I don't dislike black people, I dislike NI****. There's a difference. The majority of black people who live in the Bronx have NI**** mentalities. Blacks didn't destroy the Bronx, NI**** did. Puerto Ricans didn't destroy the Bronx, NI**** puerto ricans did. Hip hop is NI**** music not Black music. Hip hop glorifies NI**** conduct and behavior not proper Black conduct. See what I mean?
Umm...yeah...if there was ever an example of missing the point, then your post clarified it. Come out to Rockaway and you'll see how the poor white people live. The lower your socioeconomic status is, the more classless the person will be. I don't care if polka-dot people moved to the Bronx, if they're poor, then the quality of life will decrease in the area. Plain and simple.
And with that, I'm finished....let's get back on topic.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Last edited by SeventhFloor; 11-04-2011 at 04:54 PM..

Old 11-04-2011, 04:07 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS View Post
Hopefully people will actually read the history of the Bronx and crime there for themselves. Also autobiographies of famous Bronxites that happen to be White, give eyewitness accounts of their neighborhoods and the crime, long before any Black or Latin people arrived or were allowed into those areas.
No one should depend on this forums post for history lessons. It is constantly being rewritten on this forum.
I agree. Alot of bad things happened in the Bronx especially when it was white. The Bronx white population back in the day are no better than the ones who habitat the borough today. I knew a white guy around my job who told me that he used to go to shelled out buildings in Melrose section of the Bronx and push AC and refigerators off the roofs and on to on coming police cops in the area. Sounds scary right, imagined getting killed in that fashion instead of worrying about some Black guy who uses his grandmothers Virginian Licensed handgun to kill you. I used to work in a supermarket and my manager is Irish he used to live in Mott Haven on 136 street and how they used to hang out in the Projects with black kids and do all sorts of criminal activity. My thing is this when Blacks from the south and Harlem and Puerto Ricans moved to the Bronx, they picked up were the Irish and Italians left off in the South Bronx. And to top it off manufacturing jobs left the borough, the destruction of the third avenue el and the ramming of of the Cross Bronx expressway which destroyed the business oriented Jewish neigborhood of East Tremont created disastrous mix for the Bronx. A good thing for organizations such as Aspira and Nos Quedamos, Bronx would be a different place with out those two organizations. Even in Mott Haven today there are poor white famlies who never left the area and they are no better then Ricans or Blacks who reside there. As a child I used to get into fights with these two white kids in my area, they used to beat me up. These two white kids are now grown men, now they run in and out of jail like rabbits during hiberanation.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:15 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,911,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I agree. Alot of bad things happened in the Bronx especially when it was white. The Bronx white population back in the day are no better than the ones who habitat the borough today. I knew a white guy around my job who told me that he used to go to shelled out buildings in Melrose section of the Bronx and push AC and refigerators off the roofs and on to on coming police cops in the area. Sounds scary right, imagined getting killed in that fashion instead of worrying about some Black guy who uses his grandmothers Virginian Licensed handgun to kill you. I used to work in a supermarket and my manager is Irish he used to live in Mott Haven on 136 street and how they used to hang out in the Projects with black kids and do all sorts of criminal activity. My thing is this when Blacks from the south and Harlem and Puerto Ricans moved to the Bronx, they picked up were the Irish and Italians left off in the South Bronx. And to top it off manufacturing jobs left the borough, the destruction of the third avenue el and the ramming of of the Cross Bronx expressway which destroyed the business oriented Jewish neigborhood of East Tremont created disastrous mix for the Bronx. A good thing for organizations such as Aspira and Nos Quedamos, Bronx would be a different place with out those two organizations. Even in Mott Haven today there are poor white famlies who never left the area and they are no better then Ricans or Blacks who reside there. As a child I used to get into fights with these two white kids in my area, they used to beat me up. These two white kids are now grown men, now they run in and out of jail like rabbits during hiberanation.
Me and one of my friends once got into a fight in City line/ENY with about 5 kids. After I kicked one of their asses, they all ran back into their homes and got sticks and baseball bats and chased us back to my apartment and trying to bash open my door after I locked it. Were they black or Puerto Rican, nope, all white trash kids [well, except one of them].

Old 11-04-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Me and one of my friends once got into a fight in City line/ENY with about 5 kids. After I kicked one of their asses, they all ran back into their homes and got sticks and baseball bats and chased us back to my apartment and trying to bash open my door after I locked it. Were they black or Puerto Rican, nope, all white trash kids [well, except one of them].
DoomDan, I'm glad you posted that. Note how I bolded the sticks and baseball bats. Had it been a bunch of black kids, I bet they would of had the burner under his waist line. They think they "G" status. See what I mean about a different breed of ghetto? I never said white people aren't ghetto, I'm simply stating that black people take ghetto to another level compared to what white ghetto is.

Let's be honest, White people in general are soft by nature and that includes ghetto white people too. You can have them shook and take their heart in no time flat.

Black people on the other hand are more hardcore, by nature they are more intiminating, by the way they dress, the way they walk (ghetto black people have a certain swag to their walk that is a symbol of who/what they are), the way they talk (black people talk a good game), etc.

Why do you think Security Guards, Bouncers and Correction Officers are the chosen professions for Black people? These mofos look scary. Thats just the way it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City