Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 08:32 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,785,900 times

Advertisements

New York Giants vs. New England Patriots - Recap - November 06, 2011 - ESPN

The G-men got it done today... Kudos to Eli for showing why you deserve to call yourself an "elite" QB especially this year... Gotta work on the intereception bug a little bit but apparently so do Brady, Brees and Rivers this year...

Also Kudos to that Giants defense that created 4 or 5 turnovers today and shut down probably one of the most potent offenses in the league (probably only behind Greenbay) for the half and held them to 20 points for the game...

Shout out to both 3rd down plays at the end to TE Ballard that had the same superbowl vibe to them... The first one was the perfect 25 yard pass to Ballard where he made a fantastic catch in double coverage and the second was obviously the TD catch with 12 seconds to go...

I'm not gonna lie I really had my doubts about this team coming into the season and considering the fact that the injury bug had bit them so badly early on but these guys have that same resilient feel that they had in 07' when they won the championship... The same underdog swagger that they love having amongst all these solid playoff teams this year... And now that they're heading into the second half of the season at 6-2 and they're getting all there players back and healthy, things are looking bright for this team... Don't want to overreact over one game though so let's see what happens the rest of this season... TRUE BLUE BABY... TRUE BLUE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 08:46 PM

655 posts, read 1,985,982 times
Great game, maybe the best football game I've watched since the Super Bowl victory over the Patriots in 2008.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:47 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,773,477 times
Settle down.....it'll be over soon enough and you know it.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:55 PM

???? Not even sure what you're talking about

Old 11-06-2011, 09:02 PM

657 posts, read 1,628,555 times
I'm not a Giants fan, I'm a Jets fan but I was routing for the G-men today to beat the Pats (our division rivals). Did I forget to mention, my Jets beat the Bills today. Just about a month ago, everyone was counting us out saying we wouldn't even make the playoffs let alone win the division and all the analysts and so called "experts" were downing us. Now we're in a 3 way tie (5-3) with the Bills and the Pats (go figure). Guess it's true what they say...winning cures everything.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:17 PM

Yea i know man... It was even worse for us... We were winning and they were still doubting... I was rooting for the Jets today though... I'm hoping that if Sanchez gets his head in order both these teams can contend one day in the superbowl against eachother... They both have the talent to do it... Eli's a stud and he has some solid receivers that people discount... And we already know about their front 4... And the Jets are as talented as any team... they just need Sanchez to play smarter on a consistent basis... But we'll see what happens...

I'm still completely lost as to what Staggerlee is talking about with "it'll be over soon enough and I know it"??? I don't know anything about the future of this season... I can't predict the unpredictable...

Old 11-06-2011, 09:21 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,337,344 times
Why does it seem that the biggest fans of pro sports are those that were / are not athletically inclined aka spastic.

I love playing sports but I couldn't care less about pro sports.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:24 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,186,336 times
So what you're driving at is that you're a badass?

Old 11-06-2011, 09:28 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,186,336 times
Quote:
I'm still completely lost as to what Staggerlee is talking about with "it'll be over soon enough and I know it"??? I don't know anything about the future of this season... I can't predict the unpredictable...

He may be very well referring to the end of the world.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:34 PM

204 posts, read 293,011 times
Tough schedule for the Giants, but they are coming up with big plays when they need it. I think they relish the underdog attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City