Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 11:47 PM

801 posts, read 1,105,196 times

Advertisements

thanksgiving day!! its reflection time people,lets put in a side all negativity away and enjoy XMAS and thank our LORD for where we at today.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW, WHERE TO;?
1. places to go
2.where to shop?
3.good dinning area
4.celebrate
5.TO GET FIRE CRACKERS!!!
6.suggestions for cooking and for desserts.

so people lets get started!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 03:48 AM

43,646 posts, read 44,375,612 times
The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!

Old 11-08-2011, 08:21 PM

34,080 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotblue78 View Post
thanksgiving day!! its reflection time people,lets put in a side all negativity away and enjoy XMAS and thank our LORD for where we at today.

1. places to go
2.where to shop?
3.good dinning area
4.celebrate

Fireworks are illegal, so scratch that off ur list

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-08-2011, 08:41 PM

1,494 posts, read 2,721,778 times
Quote:

1. places to go
2.where to shop?
3.good dinning area
4.celebrate

1) See the store displays for Saks, Lord & Taylor, etc...
2) Too many places to list, but Union Square Park has a neat seasonal market for gifts after thanksgiving on the south side.
3) Ktown, E Vill
4) At home, where it's warm and there's champagne and caviar.
5) illegal, sorry.
6) Buy pastries at Venieros, or get a cake and Blackhound Bakery

Old 11-08-2011, 08:50 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,914,400 times
I often go to Dyker Heights in Brooklyn, to see the Christmas decorations. Anyone know any other hidden gems like this in the city?

Old 11-08-2011, 09:12 PM

655 posts, read 1,992,081 times
Quote:

1. places to go
2.where to shop?
3.good dinning area
4.celebrate

I always liked the tree in Rockefeller Center even with the crowds and the Dyker Heights lights are incredible. I went last year on Christmas Eve, but I won't be this year since the Giants are playing the Jets.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Fireworks are illegal, so scratch that off ur list

Old 11-08-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it sucks...

Old 11-08-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhf1979 View Post
I always liked the tree in Rockefeller Center even with the crowds and the Dyker Heights lights are incredible. I went last year on Christmas Eve, but I won't be this year since the Giants are playing the Jets.
i honestly never been there .for what i heard thats the main atraction of NYC, and the maycs parade. i need a suggestion ,due to im not trusted with the supermarkets,specially with meats.a good place to get a grade A turkey. i dont know if its me,but a lot of markets that i go ,the meat groceries are very expensive,but the quality aint that good, sometimes you can tell if the place is good for shop when you see the chicken,a lot of times i see them on a funny yellow color witch i refuse to buy it.any suggestions?

in terms of neighborhood,with decorations the BRONX was dead on that type of spirit xmas,the only decoration was snow,salt and a lot of angry people. im just trying to find a good atraction for a family walk.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
i need a suggestion ,due to im not trusted with the supermarkets,specially with meats.a good place to get a grade A turkey. i dont know if its me,but a lot of markets that i go ,the meat groceries are very expensive,but the quality aint that good, sometimes you can tell if the place is good for shop when you see the chicken,a lot of times i see them on a funny yellow color witch i refuse to buy it.any suggestions?
I've seen a lot of local farmers selling free range organic turkey/duck/geese/chicken at the Union Square Farmer's market. Check it out on a Saturday, that's when most of the vendors are around. You may want to talk to a few of them and find out if you need to reserve a turkey in advance. They may have a limited supply for the Thanksgiving Day window.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City