U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 08:37 AM

3 posts, read 10,108 times

Advertisements

I have been living here for around 18months now and still have mixed emotions on my move. The biggest problem I have is still the parking and security. They really need to assign a guard or two to every building/parking lot instead of that Drive thru that they do during the night. Problems with hood ratz from the projects on Cozine avenue parking in Lot-D when there's no street parking or just visitors parking where ever they want is a huge problem.

My unit still has its good and bad. Everyone who sees it is amazed on how great the floors and appliances look. But if you look close all of the trim and moldings are cracked. Management says it is due to me living on the top floor and when the building sways...things crack. I do have to say when things do crack and I complain..they still do come and repair what ever issue I have.
Shout out to 'Chris' who heads the property management.

My game plan when purchasing this condo was to just get out there and buy something because I was throwing away my money renting a high end apartment on Shore Road in Bay Ridge. The original plan was to stay maybe 3 years, hope it gains a little value...and move on to some place nicer in a better area. I am still torn whether or not this was the right move for me. I'm engaged and my girl already told me she is NOT living here when we are married, so I have something else to worry about lol.

After a year and a half I don't see much change in MeadowWood or in the area. MeadowWood needs to step it up with their Security and Management for this place to really be worth someones time, effort and money.

I would love to hear from other recent buyers to see what they have to say on their move.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 01:10 AM

15 posts, read 28,140 times
Hi Vdigi, I am currently awaiting a closing date for Meadowwood, now your comments have given me food for thought n pause. I thank you for your point of view. In your estimation, its not worth it correct? Do you know of any other affordable condos without hassle of what you described in bklyn? I'm just tired orenting.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:38 AM

2,971 posts, read 2,229,865 times
I understand how you feel. I have owned my home for over 9 years and I have seen the ups and downs of my neighborhood. The best time to get in is when the neighborhood is in transition. Once all of the kinks are worked out, you may not be able to afford to purchase your home. I certainly could not afford to purchase my home if I had to. Don't worry about aesthetics. Most builders use builder grade materials to update properties. As a homeowner, you have the ability to change your unit. If it is cheap, change it when it is financially feasible to do so.

As for security, do you guys have condo association meetings? It's time for you to unite and formulate a plan to address your concerns. It can be done.

I believe you made a good choice because the units are nice and it is accessible to amenities and public transportation but your time line is a little unrealistic. We are no longer in the housing boom stage where properties double in value over night. It will take at least 5-7 years to see a return. I recommend that if your fiance does not want to live there with you explore the option of renting it out. Good luck!

Old 12-03-2011, 01:37 AM

Thanks goodlife...I'm going to make an appearance n speak to the folks who live in the buildings to get a take. Both points of view has made an impact. I will take steps w/both in mind n make a decision. Pls keep the feedback coming, I still have time n these comments certainly help.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:04 PM

11,379 posts, read 11,371,871 times
Vdigi,

It seems like your upcoming marriage means you have to sell. Selling after so short a time in such a rotten market is goiing to cost you plenty!

So even if the place shapes up, your fiance still says OUT?

What size apt, did you buy? (Top floor sounds like a nice plus.)

Old 12-03-2011, 01:33 PM

Besides Vdigi, does anyone else live there or knows someone who does n can provide additional feedback?

Old 12-03-2011, 09:30 PM

7 posts, read 19,525 times
Default What's the delay? ????

I've applied for a unit at meadowwood over a year and still have not moved in. I have sent in every paper work imagine. Everytime my paper work goes to underwriting they would always get back to weeks later with new conditions and updated paperwork. My interest rate has expired twice, case number expired(which I never heard of), homefirst grand expired, and loan expired all because the bank 's lack of processing my paperwork. Meanwhile I put insurance, downpayment, and paid for inspection and I still dont have not received a closing date.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:35 PM

3 posts, read 10,108 times
@Panaduce... are you using Wells Fargo by any chance

Old 12-04-2011, 05:43 PM

7 posts, read 19,525 times
I was at first and was switched due to their lack of efficiency. I am now with BOA and they're slow as molasses. I am now with BOAand they're slow and delaying as well. I contacted the lawyer that I choose from meadowwood list, which I realized that was a mistake because they're just looking out for the best interest of MW. I am hiring another lawyer to represent me in this ridiculous process.

Last edited by Panaduce; 12-04-2011 at 05:57 PM..

Old 12-04-2011, 07:39 PM

@Panaduce...OMG!! It is taking me forever to get a closing date as well, I've emailed my sales rep, the guy who is promoting this n the lawyer I took from Meadowwood n the lawyer is not working in myself interest at all. Im also w/wells Fargo n I think they r trying but things r not moving fast at all...darn near stalled. I'm almost at the end of my rope. Is there some sort of scam going on w/Meadowwood? Bc things r not adding up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City