U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 11-14-2011, 06:19 PM

34 posts, read 51,838 times
Default Carlo's Bakery

Hi everybody. During my next vacation in New York I'd like to go to Carlo's Bakery of Boss Cake, in New Jersey. I know it's in a neighbourhood called Hoboken, but I don't know how can I go there from Manhattan (by public transportation). I'll stay in Upper East Side, which is tha easiest and fastest way to go? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 11-14-2011, 06:22 PM

84 posts, read 90,311 times
Hoboken is a city in New Jersey.

Unread 11-14-2011, 06:35 PM

25,366 posts, read 16,929,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavide74 View Post
Hi everybody. During my next vacation in New York I'd like to go to Carlo's Bakery of Boss Cake, in New Jersey. I know it's in a neighbourhood called Hoboken, but I don't know how can I go there from Manhattan (by public transportation). I'll stay in Upper East Side, which is tha easiest and fastest way to go? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Fernandez View Post
Hoboken is a city in New Jersey.
Yes, Hoboken is a city in NJ on the Hudson River. Famous for being the birthplace of Frank Sinatra.

Fastest way to get there would be the PATH train from 33rd Street (at Sixth Avenue) to Hoboken Terminal. It's about a 15 minute train ride. You can walk to Carlo's from there.

You'll have to look at a NYC subway map to figure out how to get to Sixth and 33rd from wherever you'll be.

Unread 11-14-2011, 06:46 PM

516 posts, read 1,362,122 times
never been but I heard its highly overrated.
Either way, Hoboken is really nice area to stroll through.

Unread 11-14-2011, 07:00 PM

34 posts, read 51,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pureistheword View Post
never been but I heard its highly overrated.
Either way, Hoboken is really nice area to stroll through.
But is it true that is the town where Frank Sinatra was born? Is it an italian-american area?

Unread 11-14-2011, 07:12 PM

425 posts, read 242,921 times
Davide also be prepared to possibly stand on a LOOONG line.. I have passed by there on 2 separate occasions and the line was like 2 blocks long.. the first time I didn't realize it was his bakery I thought someone was giving out free stuff LOL - I have also heard they are overrated but I myself haven't gone out of my way to try any of this things.. perhaps one day

Unread 11-14-2011, 07:52 PM

903 posts, read 1,630,812 times
Yes, my mother in law wanted to go so we waited 2 hours, 2 hours to get in. I agree that it's overrated though they had some pretty good chocolate chip cookies.

Unread 11-14-2011, 08:34 PM

387 posts, read 119,443 times
My chick is an event planner in NYC, she knows Buddy. He used to be cool. Now he & his sisters are all about being famous. Won't return calls anymore, how Things change

Unread 11-14-2011, 08:35 PM

12,141 posts, read 11,440,652 times
Instead of going to Carlo's go to the Many other Bakeries in Hoboken...many of which are nice and no lines there...

Unread 11-14-2011, 08:45 PM

9,037 posts, read 13,606,844 times
If you want to see more of the sights, you can always take the ferry and walk the two or so blocks to Cake Boss from the ferry terminal in Hoboken. You would catch the ferry from either Wall Street or the World Financial Center, so you would have to travel to Lower Manhattan. The PATH is faster, but if the weather is favorable, the ferry can be a good alternative for at least one half of the trip.

New York Attractions - NY Waterway

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City