Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2011, 12:15 PM

127 posts, read 235,300 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone!

Just a few questions regarding the immediate area surrounding the 7 train (61st st) stop in Woodside Queens.

My question is, what is that area typically like? The area I have been to in Woodside was north of Northern Bvld and it appeared to be pretty run down and a big portion of the people seemed old and didnt have much goin on.

What are some good street to live on or avenues to live in between? Where is the "Irish Section" of woodside, if any exists anymore!? Basically what I'm asking is where in Woodside close to the 7 train are good areas?

I'm moving from Riverdale simply because the commute from woodside would be less than 20 mins using the 7 compared to what I'm doing now.

Thank you for your future responses!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 12:47 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,013,773 times
Any reason you have to be in Woodside and not Sunnyside? I prefer Sunnyside, though there are some areas of Woodside that are ok too. In Woodside, the area around 52nd St. and skillman Ave, and closer to Doughboy Plaza (a park) seem pretty nice.

There are a bunch of Irish pubs still left in Woodside, though I have never been in any of them.

NYC Bars - Woodside, Irish/Pub -- New York Magazine Nightlife Guide

Old 11-27-2011, 01:34 PM

26 posts, read 16,425 times
where in sunnyside are nice areas to check out? Close to the 7 line is a decent area? Im looking at the Astoria/LIC/woodside area...is sunnyside affordable? What kind of prices they have there?

Last edited by Thechamp00; 11-27-2011 at 01:36 PM.. Reason: Mistake

Old 11-27-2011, 02:08 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,013,773 times
I like the north side of Queens Blvd, anywhere from about 40th St to 48th St along Skillman Ave and along 43rd Ave. The entire residential area over there is quite nice and there are many good places to eat and drink along Queens Blvd and on Skillman.

I don't know about prices, but I don't think they are that different than Woodside. I am guessing $1400-$1600 for a one bedroom and maybe $1200 for a studio, but that is a guess.

photos Sunnyside Photos - Neighborhood Photos of Sunnyside - Queens New York

There's a beautiful little area called Sunnyside Gardens, but as far as I know it is all private houses. There are buildings surrounding those few blocks, though.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:19 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,868,057 times
Sunnyside > Woodside.

Anyway, the area around the 61 street station is safe, although not exactly the cleanest section of Queens. For the most part, Woodside is a pretty dull neighborhood.

And there is no more Irish in Woodside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City