Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 11:18 PM

801 posts, read 1,104,939 times

Advertisements

I going to put my life in this and explain it. I'm full time earning 15hr , witch in gross goes 31,200 a year. My monthly earnings is 2,400 after taxes is 1,800. I'm single. My rent is 808- cable 110- phone 100, con Edison. 60- metro card 104 unlimited , 200, food shopping .plus personal shops and others. I'm just one of thousands in the same position. Meaning that by next year if I'm still on the same salary , the rent goes up and other things as well, I need to worried about that. Cuz I didn't come this far to earn all of this stuff and lose it because Economy. I hope you understand what I'm really concern about. Tax cuts are good news but the facts and effects are real diffrent . The way I see it is the GOVERMENT makes this little adjust to the taxes, and plans to take as much is possible for the upcoming years, petty much I feel that was just a cover up , for the goverment keep cutting jobs and programs. Well thats the way I see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 11:25 PM

1,494 posts, read 2,721,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotblue78 View Post
I going to put my life in this and explain it. I'm full time earning 15hr , witch in gross goes 31,200 a year. My monthly earnings is 2,400 after taxes is 1,800. I'm single. My rent is 808- cable 110- phone 100, con Edison. 60- metro card 104 unlimited , 200, food shopping .plus personal shops and others. I'm just one of thousands in the same position. Meaning that by next year if I'm still on the same salary , the rent goes up and other things as well, I need to worried about that. Cuz I didn't come this far to earn all of this stuff and lose it because Economy. I hope you understand what I'm really concern about. Tax cuts are good news but the facts and effects are real diffrent . The way I see it is the GOVERMENT makes this little adjust to the taxes, and plans to take as much is possible for the upcoming years, petty much I feel that was just a cover up , for the goverment keep cutting jobs and programs. Well thats the way I see it.
Heya HB, I've been there so I can empathize. I'm not sure how much relief the NY tax cuts will bring. However there is a lot of inflation happening related to the economy that is driving some costs up. You may have noticed this in food costs over the past 3 years. The inflation may be more of an immediate concern rather than program cuts unless you're receiving benefits. You're right about the Gov't cutting services, that always happens in hard times and is pretty much a given. The NYC tax increases for the NYC millionaire's tax will probably not effect you or trickle down right away. NYC is not a very kind place sometimes, what's your career? Are there any places with a lower cost of living with jobs in your field? It sounds like NYC is really giving you the squeeze, I honestly don't think the high cost of everything is worth suffering with here.

Last edited by Alkonost; 12-07-2011 at 11:41 PM..

Old 12-07-2011, 11:38 PM

Well I am a doorman on a luxury condo. How do you jump from low to high, if the process you can't afford it, and not everywhere is the same . In Puerto Rico they still on 5.85 minimum wage. Not everywhere is a welcome place to live if you can't afford it. Or even worst you cant find the job that you are looking for?? Think about it??

Old 12-07-2011, 11:46 PM

1,494 posts, read 2,721,098 times
What kind of job do you want? If relocation is not an option for you the best bet is to try and climb the ladder where you are, or acquire some new skills to make a lateral move into a different position especially if you want to move into another field anyway. It's really tough to make a move to another job in a recession but it doesn't mean there aren't things you can do to improve your situation. Hang in there!

Old 12-08-2011, 01:59 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,611,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
Based upon your post, I'm going to make a wild guess here and assume you will not be affected by any tax increases. It only applies to individuals making more that 200K a year. However, the wealthy are quite skilled at convincing lower income people to believe that taxes that apply just to the wealthy will somehow have a negative effect on the poor.
It will have a negitive effect on the poor. Every time Albany rasies another tax it's free advertisment for all the states west of the Hudson who believe people truly are entitled to keep what they earn. People who create buisness and spend money will leave and the financies of NYS will continue to deteriorate.

It's one thing to pay for top notch subways, schools, cops and firemen. It's another to pay to support a vast popualtion of shiftless and violent people (the ghetto) to remain as such so that politicans can remain in power. Europe is sinking like the titanic due to such issues...

Old 12-08-2011, 06:44 AM

Real talk , nobody wants to loses anything cuz economy, and I know that the rich since they earn it, and to give it away might be frustrated. Let's put aside the rich ask the GOVERMENT where the hell is the money?? If USA makes it, do they need to be held accountable ? Unless they sending piles of money to other country. Behind our backs .this can't be true.!!have you notice, they are. It making no more dollars bills with new designs ?? Or check you're 20 dollar bill and see what year has. There more things behind all of this GOVERMENT going on. Hum!!

Old 12-08-2011, 07:37 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
I can't find the rate changes for the lower brackets but $150K to 1 Million will stay at 6.85% and over a Million willl go up to a hefty 8.82% for singles. Double the brackets for married. (I guess anyone making $2 million had best marry someone quick, preferably someone in a vegetative state who can't get his money.)

For "middle income":

Quote:
He said the maximum savings will be just $600 a family with a household income of $300,000, while a family of four making $65,000 will save about $222.
I wonder if there will be any cut at all for the poor schlub making $50,000

Old 12-08-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I can't find the rate changes for the lower brackets but $150K to 1 Million will stay at 6.85% and over a Million willl go up to a hefty 8.82% for singles. Double the brackets for married. (I guess anyone making $2 million had best marry someone quick, preferably someone in a vegetative state who can't get his money.)

For "middle income":

I wonder if there will be any cut at all for the poor schlub making $50,000
In what side are you?

Old 12-08-2011, 11:00 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
I try to keep it impersonal.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I try to keep it impersonal.
Bla!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City