U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 12:36 PM

1,434 posts, read 1,021,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Is there palm trees in Tennessee?
Nope, but there's this:

http://www.nashvillerealestateauthority.com/images/FranklinHills.jpg (broken link)
Looks like New England during the fall, doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Tennessee had hot chicks who like to have fun, that's the only benefit I would move for. Prospects of settling down.
There's more perks then that, especially in Williamson county:
- you can pack heat
- No state tax, no city tax
- low real estate tax
- good public schools where your kids won't get knifed
- roads in excellent condition, good highway system
- city planning and zoning is something that is cared about, so the place doesn't look fugly
- If you love music there's plenty of venues for entertainment
- lots of places to shop
- the arts is alive and well in Williamson- fine arts, theater, music, etc...
- for 350k you can have a house custom built on an acre of land, meanwhile 500k in Manhattan won't buy you a closet
- People are outwardly nice for a change

Now, sure you'd need a car because public transportation is a joke- but in my experience public transit doesn't save me time in NYC anyway because it's so crowded and broken down in the first place. Not to mention the tax savings alone in TN more than compensate for the expenses of carrying 2 cars.

Last edited by Alkonost; 12-28-2011 at 01:05 PM..

Old 12-28-2011, 12:53 PM

4,140 posts, read 3,662,522 times
Stunning, but alot of speed hicks hunt opossum in those woods.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Stunning, but alot of speed hicks hunt opossum in those woods.
Guess what, the people in Oniontown NY hunt possums too. Don't be so coy Whitlock you think NY doesn't have it's share of hicks?

The NYC subway rat is the breakfast of champions for the NYC poor, so that makes it even. Which would you rather eat?

Actually I've seen some subway rats the size of a large cat, that would feed a family of homeless for 3 days!

Last edited by Alkonost; 12-28-2011 at 01:09 PM..

Old 12-28-2011, 01:14 PM

8,727 posts, read 8,461,757 times
Alkonost if you believe carrying a gun to check the mail 20 feet from your front door, or to eat at Chilis, or shop at Wal-Mart, or pump gas, is a "perk", then you are right...the land of Tennessee awaits! Enjoy paradise.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Alkonost if you believe carrying a gun to check the mail 20 feet from your front door, or to eat at Chilis, or shop at Wal-Mart, or pump gas, is a "perk", then you are right...the land of Tennessee awaits! Enjoy paradise.
Ah sobro, how little you know. Williamson County ranks higher than New York County in terms of wealth, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Are you one of those peeps in flagrant denial about the generic mediocrity that has infiltrated NYC? Enjoy shopping at Duane Reade, Sobro? I hope so, because pharmacies, banks and chain restaurants have already taken a hold of the city and it isn't going to stop soon. They're the few that can afford the lease hikes, say goodbye to everything else that has character or anything unique, I'm sure those will fizzle once their leases are up for renewal... IF you get the munchies feel free to grab a bit at the TGI fridays in Union Square.

Where I'm headed there's Whole foods, TJs (even though I don't care for it), as well as your typical publix /krogers, not to mention ethnic food shops for exotic food items. All that is missing from my wish list is a Wegman's. Did I mention there's farmers markets year round with tons of organic farm-to-table produce, cheese and meat (spoke with several of the farmers when I went to the Franklin Farmer's Market) with food that puts NYC to shame in terms of quality and price? That's just for starters. There's lots of restaurants of many varieties: plenty of mom and pop places, also lots of high end dining- all non chain. You should try Saffire if you're ever in Franklin (better than a lot of restaurants I've been to in Manhattan as of late), there were a lot of other amazing restaurants I just didn't have enough time to sample during the relocation trip.

So I'm sorry to bust your ignorant bubble of bliss Sobro (you really need to do your homework)- but I'm not going to be in want for anything where I'm headed. OTHERWISE I wouldn't be moving!

So please, enjoy NYC as it heads into another downward spiral, and being overpriced for what it is at that.

Last edited by Alkonost; 12-28-2011 at 02:07 PM..

Old 12-29-2011, 10:45 AM

9,992 posts, read 7,896,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Men's Jackets, Vests, Fleece Jackets, & Insulated Jackets For Men - The North Face

I have something similar to this. When they first came out they were about $500-$550. Add tax, close to $600. But back to crime.

Oh that's attractive. I'd DEFINITELY steal it from you. (What size are you...I need a 43 Long.)

Old 12-29-2011, 10:58 AM

9,992 posts, read 7,896,892 times
We will all pray for AlKonost and wish him a speedy recovery.

Al have you tried chatting on the TN board of citi-data to get a feel for the people and how they spend their free time? Are shots at the BIGGER ****** still a quarter?

Old 12-29-2011, 11:44 AM

7,610 posts, read 5,883,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post

Al have you tried chatting on the TN board of citi-data to get a feel for the people and how they spend their free time? Are shots at the BIGGER ****** still a quarter?
I'm friends with these two chicks from Tennessee and they hate their home state because Tennessee is very backwards and boring and people drive lawn mowers and tractor trailers to nearby walmart. This one chick told that all people do down in Tennessee is go to church, watch football and sex, sex, more sex. I'm not to keen on church however if tenennesse chicks get down more than a dirty rustbelt looking nyc chick I will applejack dance my butt down to Tennessee and smash, smash smash with these ladies.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post

Al have you tried chatting on the TN board of citi-data to get a feel for the people and how they spend their free time?
Several steps ahead of ya KK. I've already done a relocation trip to the area and scouted out various neighborhoods for their shopping, amenities, etc. NYC has nothing to offer me anymore and I'm 100% miserable here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City