Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 10:56 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times

Advertisements

A veteran police officer died Monday after he was shot in the face at the scene of a home robbery in Cypress Hills, Brooklyn, by a career criminal in what Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg called a “horrible, depraved criminal attack.”

“I just heard a gunshot and that was it,” Ms. Sanchez said. “I knew somebody got shot. People get shot all the time.”

Officer Shot and Killed in Brooklyn - NYTimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 11:08 AM

307 posts, read 927,950 times
R.I.P.

P.S.: I can remember when that was considered a good neighborhood.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:08 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times
But seriously RIP

Old 12-12-2011, 11:29 AM

400 posts, read 983,599 times
War on drugs baby.

40 year$ later and not a step of progress.

This is/was obviously (if you read the article) a drug related robbery. The article states the house is a drug house and the alledged shooter has a prior conviction for drug possesssion.

Anyone have any numbers on the drug related killings in New York in terms of how many murders are a result of drug use or drug related?

Google: Prison Industrial Complex.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:17 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times
And how many shootings are the result of ghetto culture ?

Which is the broad problem. It is an entire lifestyle, and one that has and is bankrupting the country, among other things.

A friend who is a social worker told me that the management of "benefits," i.e., Section 8 and welfare, and of that population in general, is the single fast-growing industry in NYC. The administration of generational poverty and its effects.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:52 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,926 times
The cops are gonna beat the crap out of the guy that fired the fatal shot.
No head shots--those can easily be seen by the cameras when they do that "Perp Walk".
His entire torso is gonna be purple when they get done with him.
He can chalk up any food or clean water today.
Rat droppings and urine is going on and in everything he gets til he gets to Rikers.
Who knows whats gonna happen there.

Good.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:07 PM

71 posts, read 224,796 times
LoL I wish what you said is whats going to happen, but sadly IAB, Libs, disconnected brass, the media and Liberties unions out there would never let something like that happen. RIP for the officer who was killed, but this citys politicians and majority of residents hates cops. I blame the quota system for turning our officers into tax collectors to fix the budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
The cops are gonna beat the crap out of the guy that fired the fatal shot.
No head shots--those can easily be seen by the cameras when they do that "Perp Walk".
His entire torso is gonna be purple when they get done with him.
He can chalk up any food or clean water today.
Rat droppings and urine is going on and in everything he gets til he gets to Rikers.
Who knows whats gonna happen there.

Good.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:30 PM

48 posts, read 64,397 times
Funny, how the majority hate or dislike cops but the majority of TV shows are cop/law related.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:42 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,059 times
This happened a few blocks to the west of my current location. Very early this morning their were helicopters overhead for quite a long duration doing a search. This happened on Pine, a block away from the elevated J/Z train on Crescent. The criminals entered and robbed an apartment building armed with guns and concealing their identity with masks.

Shame. Need to bring back firing squads and have these criminal elements purged a short few days after their crime.

Here is the NY1 report Reward Offered As Police Seek Second Arrest In NYPD Officer's Death - NY1.com

Old 12-12-2011, 01:46 PM

71 posts, read 224,796 times
Yup lots of Cop shows out there, but how often do our officers get front page headlines for a job well done. Hanging a cop sells newspapers, and gets politicians elected, although defending an officer for roughing up a robber would be political suicide no matter how wrong the criminal was. We as adults hate being told what to do by a rookie cop younger than us, but I gotta admit the times I have recieved a summons was well deserved. Even the time I got arrested for DWI. I just spent a weekend in a cell and hated the cop at that moment, where as if I killed someone with my car, I would have a life time of regret and hated myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American_Psycho View Post
Funny, how the majority hate or dislike cops but the majority of TV shows are cop/law related.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: