Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2011, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,702 times

Advertisements

I've applied for both City College and Brooklyn College in the CUNY system. I am an out-of-stater. I've visited both campuses and like them both for different reasons. I want to study film, but am not sure which school has a better program and better internship connections. The City College program is a BFA. Brooklyn is a BA. Any pros/cons of either? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 02:59 PM

1,319 posts, read 4,247,844 times
Both are same, we're talking about CUNY vs CUNY in an field of study where both are not that highly ranked and if anything it'll be in same caliber.

Really I don't think anyone will care whether it's BFA vs. BA when it comes to getting a job inf film as career. It'll be more of your network than anything else I'd imagine for job in that sector.

Also heads-up this sector is pretty rough, I know some folks who got into it and all of them ended up in different career industry to make a decent living (I'm early 30s).

Old 12-27-2011, 04:48 PM

87 posts, read 236,147 times
you check out Purchase college? I'd go there or Hunter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: