Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2012, 01:32 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,128 times

Advertisements

It's possible... Last year people were blaming the decrease on the snowstorm... That being said, commissioner is most likely putting this out because of all the bad pub recently... Last thing he needs is an unexplained spike in crime...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 10:25 AM

Happened a couple of weeks ago on my block...
Shots Lead To Pot Sting | www.timesnewsweekly.com | Times Newsweekly

I always knew they dealt on my block, I'm just finally glad they know now to keep tabs on it... It's never been a great block but when they installed surveillance on all the corners things slowed down a lot... When I first moved in here until about a couple of years ago I would hear gunshots I'd say at least once a month sometimes more... but it seems that after things cooled off late 2010 and last year, this year I started seeing those same problems affect the area again... Hopefully, this will bring unwanted attention to these guys and they'll take their business somewhere else...

Old 02-10-2012, 04:50 PM

400 posts, read 983,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
Happened a couple of weeks ago on my block...
Shots Lead To Pot Sting | www.timesnewsweekly.com | Times Newsweekly

I always knew they dealt on my block, I'm just finally glad they know now to keep tabs on it... It's never been a great block but when they installed surveillance on all the corners things slowed down a lot... When I first moved in here until about a couple of years ago I would hear gunshots I'd say at least once a month sometimes more... but it seems that after things cooled off late 2010 and last year, this year I started seeing those same problems affect the area again... Hopefully, this will bring unwanted attention to these guys and they'll take their business somewhere else...

10,000$ Bail is EXTREMELY small for a case involving gun(s) and any drugs (in this instance its weed).

Old 02-13-2012, 12:52 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,561,914 times
You know aside from homicides, there's been a lot of deaths lately from hit-and-runs and car crashes. Looking at DNAInfo, I count 7 deaths from car accidents in this month already.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:26 PM

400 posts, read 983,468 times
More crime baby..... And you know who is committing it?

YOU GUESSED IT!

NYPD Police Officer Diego Palacios caught on video falsely arresting neighbor: lawyer - NYPOST.com

Old 02-14-2012, 09:11 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,374,651 times
Those are the scariest criminals of them all..because they have all the power...well at least they think they do! Thanks for posting! I keep my building under total surveillance for precisely these types of things.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:34 PM

NYPD Officer Shot in Subway Station While Pursuing Suspect | NBC New York

Man the news can't get enough of these cop stories.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:23 PM

669 posts, read 1,273,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushingRepresenter View Post
More crime baby..... And you know who is committing it?

YOU GUESSED IT!

NYPD Police Officer Diego Palacios caught on video falsely arresting neighbor: lawyer - NYPOST.com
Damn wtf these cops are bugging out

You'd think they'd cool it for a while since there's so much **** being exposed I guess not.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:45 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,374,651 times
Why would they cool it for awhile....the vast majority go unpunished, and those that work their way through the system either get off completely, or a slap on the wrist, and they almost always do whatever they can to keep their pension. The message from the top is "Do what you want, because we'll cover for you. And if we can't the worst that happens is a slap on the wrist."

It's been a free for all at the NYPD for decades...and it isn't changing anytime soon.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:08 PM

669 posts, read 1,273,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Why would they cool it for awhile....the vast majority go unpunished, and those that work their way through the system either get off completely, or a slap on the wrist, and they almost always do whatever they can to keep their pension. The message from the top is "Do what you want, because we'll cover for you. And if we can't the worst that happens is a slap on the wrist."

It's been a free for all at the NYPD for decades...and it isn't changing anytime soon.
Yea but when was the last time all this **** was made public about them, if all this polic corruption gets more main stream it's not gonna be a good look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City