Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2012, 12:45 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,791,059 times

Advertisements

It's Brownsville...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 01:42 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,894,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Cop shoots woman, charged with attempted murder, dead during struggle in Brooklyn - NYPOST.com

This is a story about a about this woman who was out on bail for attempted murder and kidnapping and was shot dead by a cop in Brooklyn yesterday after she crashed a stolen car and threw it in reverse to escape

WHY must every article about a criminal who ends up hurt or dead have a quote about how loving and wonderful the criminal was. This one article is particularly ironic because it seems the author couldn't even come up with too many people who would say something 100% nice.

"I knew her very well, she was a very good person, she loved kids," neighbor Kelvia Joseph, 24, said. "She was sweet. She did her stuff on the side, but she was a good person."
On the contrary, they came up with a crowd of New Black Panther Party members who are willing to say all sorts of things.

A few of the articles I read started with nuanced statements about incidents of "aggressive behavior" on the part of the officer.

I also noticed that there have been several references to the "stunned grief" of the family - which means that there will be a huge lawsuit. The community is on board for the big pay-out, thus the protests.

Each and every time this scenario plays itself out, it makes things impossible for those people who have a real complaint or case - and I believe that there are some.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:13 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,330,296 times
It's been quiet awhile so I figure we should refocus our attention on the REAL criminals:

GlaxoSmithKline to pay $3 billion fraud settlement - Jul. 2, 2012

"GlaxoSmithKline was slapped with a $3 billion fine Monday by the U.S. Justice Department after failing to report safety data on some of the company's most popular drugs. The payment -- with $1 billion going to settle criminal wrongdoing, and $2 billion to cover civil liabilities -- is the largest fraud settlement in U.S. history, and the largest payment ever by a drug company. GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) will plead guilty to two counts of introducing misbranded drugs, Paxil and Wellbutrin, into interstate commerce. Specifically, the government alleged that the drugs were marketed as a treatment for conditions for which they had not been approved. It said Paxil, which treats depressive and anxiety disorders in adults, was marketed to children and adolescents, and Wellbutrin, an antidepressant, was marketed as a weight-loss aid. A third count involves a failure to report safety data about the drug Avandia, a diabetes drug, to the Food and Drug Administration between 2001 and 2007."

Marcus Agius, Chairman of Barclays, Resigns - NYTimes.com

"Marcus Agius, the chairman of Barclays, resigned on Monday, less than a week after the big British bank agreed to pay $450 million to settle accusations that it had tried to manipulate key interest rates to benefit its own bottom line.The resignation comes as Barclays tries to limit fallout from the case, which is part of a broad investigation into how big banks set certain rates that affect borrowing costs for consumers and companies."

But yeah...who cares about any of that...keep your eye on that black guy playing the loud music! That's the real problem, right?

Old 07-02-2012, 02:10 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,894,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post

But yeah...who cares about any of that...keep your eye on that black guy playing the loud music! That's the real problem, right?
But the woman who was under discussion did not play loud music. She nearly killed someone in a home invasion, among other things.

I do agree about wealthy psychopathism but I'm not sure they should even be compared.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:23 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,330,296 times
My comment was not referring to any other comment, just a stand alone observation.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:03 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,048,789 times
What is with the violence at the newly re-opened McCarren Pool in Williamsburg/Greenpoint? Does this stuff happen at all the pools? Do most other pools have higher security than what they initially put into place for McCarren?

Also, the requirement for the type of lock to put on the lockers seems really weird but I guess there must have been a very high rate of locker theft in the short time the pool has been open.

Violence at McCarren Park swimming pool shocks Brooklyn neighborhood - NYPOST.com

Old 07-05-2012, 02:05 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,225,105 times
12 shot in holiday of violence - NYPOST.com

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/s...5QrTKHDnaAvFxL

Old 07-05-2012, 05:17 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,963,555 times
I read in the post crime is up by 300% in university heights, whats going on up there?

Old 07-05-2012, 07:13 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,002,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I read in the post crime is up by 300% in university heights, whats going on up there?
Yesterday was crazy, there where thousands of people outside. I couldn't even walk on the block with how congested it was. There was a serious shooting on Loring place, you had helicopters flying around, and paddy wagons/ DT's closing off the block.

Remember that the 46th precinct also includes Morris Heights, Tremont, and South Fordham. We don't exactly know where in the 4 neighborhoods the shootings occured.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:52 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,219,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
It's been quiet awhile so I figure we should refocus our attention on the REAL criminals:

GlaxoSmithKline to pay $3 billion fraud settlement - Jul. 2, 2012

"GlaxoSmithKline was slapped with a $3 billion fine Monday by the U.S. Justice Department after failing to report safety data on some of the company's most popular drugs. The payment -- with $1 billion going to settle criminal wrongdoing, and $2 billion to cover civil liabilities -- is the largest fraud settlement in U.S. history, and the largest payment ever by a drug company. GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) will plead guilty to two counts of introducing misbranded drugs, Paxil and Wellbutrin, into interstate commerce. Specifically, the government alleged that the drugs were marketed as a treatment for conditions for which they had not been approved. It said Paxil, which treats depressive and anxiety disorders in adults, was marketed to children and adolescents, and Wellbutrin, an antidepressant, was marketed as a weight-loss aid. A third count involves a failure to report safety data about the drug Avandia, a diabetes drug, to the Food and Drug Administration between 2001 and 2007."

Marcus Agius, Chairman of Barclays, Resigns - NYTimes.com

"Marcus Agius, the chairman of Barclays, resigned on Monday, less than a week after the big British bank agreed to pay $450 million to settle accusations that it had tried to manipulate key interest rates to benefit its own bottom line.The resignation comes as Barclays tries to limit fallout from the case, which is part of a broad investigation into how big banks set certain rates that affect borrowing costs for consumers and companies."

The most potent drug in the SSRI family. Altough it doesn't operate through the central-nervous system it's highly addictive and stopping cold-turkey will result in serious whitdrawal symptoms. At the beginning GlaxoSmithKline probably deliberately witheld this data and today there are many law suits against Glaxo.

Black kid play loud music high on weed and Hennessey, White kid play loud music high on SSRI and Xanax and Oriental kid smokes opium in the bathroom.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 07-05-2012 at 05:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City