Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2012, 02:03 PM

555 posts, read 1,179,889 times

Advertisements

shhhhh not suppose to mention that part...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 02:49 PM

5,720 posts, read 19,993,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Firstly, you mentioned the "staggering" violence across NYC, then continued to give some Bronx examples. I simply corrected you to note that the Bronx is basically flat for the week vs last year, and it was in fact a Brooklyn crime spree, not the Bronx, which was the "staggering" violence. It was not across NYC, it was not across the Bronx, it was solely in Brooklyn.

Secondly, I don't need to mention anything bad about the Bronx, because then you would have no purpose on city-data. I don't want to send you to the city-data unemployment line...not in this economy.
The Bronx has had it's fair share of shootings. It looks better than Brooklyn because there are much less people. Brooklyn is always going to get the most everything, it's huge.

Aww thanks for being so considerate.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:53 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,320,706 times
The Bronx definitely has its fair share of shootings..and nowhere did I claim it is an idyllic crime free paradise. However the fact remains, the big flare up of shootings last week was due entirely to Brooklyn, and had almost nothing to do with the Bronx or the rest of the city. And that was all I was saying.

And you are welcome.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:26 AM

303 posts, read 602,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc77 View Post
Man, 19, shot dead in Chelsea

Man, 19, shot dead outside Chelsea Houses - NY Daily News

uh oh....Chelsea......see not everyone is shot in Brooklyn, Bronx, and Harlem folks
Hardly anything happens there.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:19 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,787,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Here , this twitter page updates all the crimes in the city. Keep yourself in the loop.

https://twitter.com/NYScanner

This is the shooting on Loring PL I told you about earlier.

"Bronx: 2287 Loring Pl N ESU Being requested forthwith in regards to a male shot, Active crime scene. 15 People shot in NYC so far."

183rd street has been busy, because the homicide on Davidson, the above shooting on Loring, and this one on the Grand Concourse all happened on 183rd street, in the span of a couple of days.

"Bronx: 2230 Grand Concourse NYPD on scene with a female shot, EMS will transport, Crime scene being established."
That link you posted at first seemed on point but I noticed that I doesn't catch all crimes. There were a couple that were listed on other news stations or websites that weren't on here... Specifically violent crimes... It does catch alot of the ones that normally aren't spoken about however so it's been a good tool nonetheless. Thanks for the link supermario.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:20 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,554,203 times
Looks like Harlem was busy yesterday with 4 shootings including one that was recorded on WSHH at a basketball court: Video: Rucker Park In Harlem Got Shot Up Because Of A Bad Call (Nate Robinson & Bobby Trends Came Through): Cell Phone Footage Of Gun Shots Going Off

Old 08-06-2012, 12:00 AM

801 posts, read 1,101,074 times
Angry Stop!!!!! No more tolerance for highcrimes NYC!!!!

Enough is enough !!!!! When is this city is going to put order??? is totally out of control !!! It's time to put this government to work for NYers !! Im not superman or trying to make a miracle !! But come on!!!!!!!!!
Every five minutes someone gets beat up, killed , rapped !! Etc. if New York and other states puts a side for a minute the economy issue, and focus on the stability and safety of all communities . Maybe things can work better!! People should all go outside and promote a campaign against , all crimes , specilaly the guns and drugs . How can we expect to a better future? If we can't fight, what we are living today..

Old 08-06-2012, 08:09 AM

1,271 posts, read 3,219,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotblue78 View Post
Enough is enough !!!!! When is this city is going to put order??? is totally out of control !!! It's time to put this government to work for NYers !! Im not superman or trying to make a miracle !! But come on!!!!!!!!!
Every five minutes someone gets beat up, killed , rapped !! Etc. if New York and other states puts a side for a minute the economy issue, and focus on the stability and safety of all communities . Maybe things can work better!! People should all go outside and promote a campaign against , all crimes , specilaly the guns and drugs . How can we expect to a better future? If we can't fight, what we are living today..
Crime in NYC is lower today than it has ever been since at least WWII. NYC has a lower crime rate than every other large US city. NYC's violent crime rate is comparable to such cities as Lexington, KY, Greensboro, NC and Fort Worth, TX, while its property crime rate is the lowest among all US cities with populations greater than 250,000.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:28 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,775,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotblue78 View Post
Huh?
In one sentence your talking about a campaign against guns and crime. So your suggesting peace I assume.
Then you stay something about "if we can't fight, what we are living today...".

Which is it?
Are you calling for peace?
Well...that wont work. These criminals ain't afraid of you and your midnight vigils. You can gather all the people you want. All the community leaders, spiritual advisors, mothers of infants killed by stray bullets, grandmothers rapped while grocery shopping....whatever you want.
Nothing's gonna work.

Nothing except what I think you're alluding to with "If we can't fight... "
That's right!

The state should allow you to protect yourself.
Is that where you were going with this?
Yippie!

But that ain't gonna happen so now what?

Also..
It's a foolish statement to say crime isn't that bad in NYC.
It's just that bad when it happens to YOU!

Old 08-06-2012, 09:08 AM

801 posts, read 1,101,074 times
Fight , in my terms is raise above high crimes , NYC is considered the most rich and powerful state in the USA. How come there's no control on what is going on today? . Civilians are tired !!! People can even walk with their kids around no more , some family's fears a gunfight , and the fact that everytime that happens,a missing bullet reach a child or any other victim.than you got this hole bunch of raptist assaulting women and girls in subways. I saw a video a mugger beating and old lady so hard, that I felt it like it was my mom. There's should be penalty of death to all raptist and people with this type of behavior, imagine your wife coming at home after work and someone jumps on her like that!!! How would you feel?? It's time for everyone to put a side all diffrences and stand for what is right. I don't mean that penalty of death should be the solution, is how I feel about this crimes going on!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City