Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2012, 08:12 PM

9,240 posts, read 24,006,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Are you looking in the correct precinct? 83 instead of 104:
http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...s/cs083pct.pdf

You think they're hiding bodies in freezers, down at the ME's office?
Don 't be silly.Why would anyone have to hide bodies ? It's much easier to just fudge numbers,delay conclusions or "misclassify" events.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 11:44 PM

669 posts, read 1,269,787 times
Michael didn't we go through this with you already they don't hide any body' s they just fix the numbers nobody holds them accountable for putting in each homicide with each body for the crime stats. Not to mention retired detective have admitted to this so why do you have a hard time accepting this? Do you have family in the NYPD or something because it should be common knowledge how corrupt the NYPD can be.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:16 PM

669 posts, read 1,269,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd9124 View Post
Michael didn't we go through this with you already they don't hide any body' s they just fix the numbers nobody holds them accountable for putting in each homicide with each body for the crime stats. Not to mention retired detective have admitted to this so why do you have a hard time accepting this? Do you have family in the NYPD or something because it should be common knowledge how corrupt the NYPD can be.
I meant Bigjake my phone corrected it to Michael for some reason

Old 12-24-2012, 06:40 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,009 posts, read 53,275,078 times
Quote:
NYPD is including homicides in the running total, that didn't even occur in 2012:
New York City Murder Rate For 2012 Is Even Lower Than It Looks, Says Ray Kelly
"In 2012, police records show that eight people died as the result of injuries suffered many years earlier, in one case as far back as 1973. Those deaths were reclassified as homicides this year"
some of the decline may be from better medical care:

Experts say the city’s declining murder rate has definitely been helped by advancements in medicine, on-scene triage by paramedics (they did not even carry defibrillators a decade ago), and the emergency room techniques of surgeons and hospital staff.

Read more: Stop-and-Frisks Have Done Little to Reduce Shootings, NYPD Data Show - On the Inside - DNAinfo.com New York

Old 12-25-2012, 08:42 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,791,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
some of the decline may be from better medical care:

Experts say the city’s declining murder rate has definitely been helped by advancements in medicine, on-scene triage by paramedics (they did not even carry defibrillators a decade ago), and the emergency room techniques of surgeons and hospital staff.

Read more: Stop-and-Frisks Have Done Little to Reduce Shootings, NYPD Data Show - On the Inside - DNAinfo.com New York
Shhh... Stop it... Facts aren't allowed on here...

The biggest statistic in this story is this one... 2011's shooting statistics are right on par with 2002 when Kelly and Bloomberg took office... IF that doesn't speak to them filling the public's ears with useless subjective garbage I don't know what is... The shooting's haven't stopped in most of these high crime areas... The hospitals and medical advances have helped to limit the amount of murders happening each year... If we'd have the technology, staff, and medical limitations of 1990 during today's times we'd probably be looking at somewhere near 600 homicides as opposed to 400-500 a year...

But nobody wants to hear that...

Old 12-25-2012, 10:03 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,225,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd9124 View Post
retired detective have admitted to this
Link? I've never seen an article suggesting that any NYC homicide was suppressed. Most of the reports suggest that more common street crimes were re-classified from Index categories to lesser offenses, i.e. Grand Larceny to Petit Larceny.
By your calculation, NYPD must be hiding hundreds of murders:
NYC has had 414 murders so far in 2012, down 18.5%, NYPD credits
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
2011's shooting statistics are right on par with 2002 ...
"The number of shootings in New York City also dropped from 1,478 to 1,353 — the lowest figure since that stat was first measured some 20 years ago, Kelly said."
A couple of years ago, it was 1,750. Again, NYPD makes progress, but some just can't accept it.

Old 12-25-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Link? I've never seen an article suggesting that any NYC homicide was suppressed. Most of the reports suggest that more common street crimes were re-classified from Index categories to lesser offenses, i.e. Grand Larceny to Petit Larceny.

"The number of shootings in New York City also dropped from 1,478 to 1,353 — the lowest figure since that stat was first measured some 20 years ago, Kelly said."
A couple of years ago, it was 1,750. Again, NYPD makes progress, but some just can't accept it.
I guess DNAinfo must be lying to me... They usually don't though... it's strange

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2012...nypd-data-show

"While the NYPD was stopping and frisking a record 685,724 people last year, 1,821 people were victims of gunfire, according to NYPD and city statistics. That's virtually the same number as in 2002, Bloomberg's first year in office, when 1,892 people were shot, but just 97,296 people were frisked.
The year before, there were 1,845 shootings with a similar number of frisks"

Old 12-25-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:

Additionally, the funny thing is that they laugh in the fact of stupid like-minded individuals such as yourself who believe everything Ray Kelly and Bloomberg spit out as fact...

Taken verbatim from the link you posted itself: "The number of homicides was a round zero on the lower East Side, where five slayings took place in 2011.
“People are safe walking around,” said Alice Pabon, 55, who has lived in the neighborhood for 30 years. “It seems to be getting better with all the changes and renovations of the buildings.”

Just one of the many cases:

Man Shot to Death Outside of LES Barbershop - DNAinfo.com New York

I'm actually really curious as to how you're going to respond to this one...

Old 12-25-2012, 10:35 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,225,528 times
Quote:
stupid like-minded individuals such as yourself
Trying to make it personal, chump?
Quote:
Man Shot to Death Outside of LES Barbershop - DNAinfo.com New York
I'm actually really curious as to how you're going to respond to this one...
110 Forsyth is in the 5th Precinct, dummy. LES is 7th.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:30 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,332,655 times
I've been telling SuperWario that Riker's Island's crime rate was included in Hunts Point's Precinct (41st) for years and he just would not believe it...maybe now he will shut up about it.

Rikers distorts stats

While Hunts Point and Longwood are high-crime areas, they are not quite as crime-prone as the NYPD’s official statistics suggest.
That’s because crimes committed in the jails on Rikers Island are counted in the 41st Precinct’s statistics. Community leaders want to see that changed.
"Captain Philip Rivera said he would like to see the island removed from the 41st Precinct. “There’s a lot of gang issues on the island,” he told Community Board 2 at a Dec. 18 meeting, adding that 16 of the 39 assaults reported in the 41st Precinct over the 28-day period ending in mid-December were committed on Riker’s. "

Hunts Point Express
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City