Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 04:49 PM

296 posts, read 481,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen50512 View Post
Hi i have a 4 month old. And i have n8 and w3 still waiting i been applied since 2010 and still waiting i wounder how long they take to answer back
You have to update your application as soon as you can/ now you have a baby!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 10:46 AM

1 posts, read 3,907 times
I recently applied for NYCHA, my priority is N4 W2 and I have a 6 month old..second time filling out. I filled the application when I was pregnant and updated when I gave birth. Do I have to go to the office and submit documents or just wait??

Old 05-02-2016, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 3,870 times
I'm a single student .I've been on the waiting list since 2014. I went from homeless to living in a apartment I can barely afford to being evicted.I was assigned N4. Help!!!

Old 05-03-2016, 10:37 AM

885 posts, read 1,373,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nates.mommy1001 View Post
I recently applied for NYCHA, my priority is N4 W2 and I have a 6 month old..second time filling out. I filled the application when I was pregnant and updated when I gave birth. Do I have to go to the office and submit documents or just wait??

You don't just go to the office to submit anything until they have sent you a letter asking you to come in for an interview. At your interview, you will need to submit documentation. If you are not called for an interview as it nears 2 years of the date you applied, you will need to fill out a new application to maintain your place on this list. For any other inquiries call NYCHA customer service at 718-707-7771

Old 05-03-2016, 10:39 AM

885 posts, read 1,373,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithfullyMade View Post
I'm a single student .I've been on the waiting list since 2014. I went from homeless to living in a apartment I can barely afford to being evicted.I was assigned N4. Help!!!
since it may be or is almost 2 years since you originally applied, dependent on the month you applied, you need to re-apply to maintain your spot on the wait list. Unfortunately there is nothing more you can do to speed up the process unless your circumstances change (ie. you move into the shelter system or are a victim of domestic violence). Re- apply online and contact NYCHA customer service if you need additional information. The number is 718-707-7771

Old 05-04-2016, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 3,833 times
I am so sick and tired of these self-righteous people with their snobbish attitudes about nycha housing. If people feel that they want to live in a place that is affordable for them, who are these snobs to criticize them. The environment might not be the most desirable, but they are being realistic about it. Alot of these apartments in ny are ridiculously overpriced. They want upwards of $2,500 a month for a crackerbox with no adequate closet space. So snobs, pay your ridiculous rent, until they raise it, and they will. You will be applying for housing again so fast, your head will spin. And guess what? Because of your jacked-up snobbish attitude towards housing, you ain't getting back in, or you will be waiting until you are old and gray. Be careful of what you say and what you think. Karma is a cruel woman sometimes.

Old 05-19-2016, 03:26 PM

3 posts, read 11,214 times
i applied back in 2008 and got accepted and while waiting for a interview they closed it in 2009 i just got a letter yestreday 5-18-2016 telling me to go online and update my section 8 now its says online that they recieved the required documents for my eligilbilty and is pending for a review does this means they are going to call me for the interview

Old 05-19-2016, 10:36 PM

well i been certified for section 8 since 2009 but they closed it out in dec 2009 so that put me back on the waiting list i just got a eligilbilty interview they told me to upload them now when i check the status it says your eligilbility documents have been recieved and under review is this to determine how much rent they will be paying for me or how long after the interview do u recieve a voucher

Old 06-06-2016, 01:34 AM

Yea I have an appointment for June 14 when I checked back online on the self portal and it said invited briefing iam so so over whelmed iam homeless but now I can aleast look forward to getting my own I thank God so much I hope it all goes well for me I was hopeless no where to turn iam crying now but happy 1s I have something to look forward too now

Old 06-15-2016, 05:51 AM

16 posts, read 37,496 times
Well i went on my nycha interview 6/2/16 thanks to my shelter my priority changed to w0 n0 and i finally got and interview well i took all my documents had nothing to bring back was certified to a borough wide wait list on 6/7/16 now im just waiting for an apartment offer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City