Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 02:16 PM

125 posts, read 237,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
The Militia at the time was defined as able bodied Males of a certain age. However the Second Amendment does NOT say The militia has the right to keep and bear arms. Instead it says" the people have the right to keep and bear arms". Now is that concept so difficult to understand?
They understand it. But they just don't care.

Don't give these people the benefit of the doubt. They do not believe in the Constitution. Ever see the Constitution being waved around at liberal rallys?

Obama has expressed frustration that the Constitution is a "negative document". He doesn't like that it spells out what the Government CANNOT do (like infringing on the right of the people to keep and bear arms).

This is beyond profound. Don't underestimate it's importance.

These people (including gun control nuts) oppose individual liberty, and are bent on placing all authority in the State.

Again...These people are opposed to the Constitution, and individual liberty. They are a threat to freedom.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:17 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,022,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergus75 View Post

Don't give these people the benefit of the doubt. They do not believe in the Constitution. Ever see the Constitution being waved around at liberal rallys?

Obama has expressed frustration that the Constitution is a "negative document". He doesn't like that it spells out what the Government CANNOT do (like infringing on the right of the people to keep and bear arms).

These people (including gun control nuts) oppose individual liberty, and are bent on placing all authority in the State.

Again...These people are opposed to the Constitution, and individual liberty. They are a threat to freedom.
You Republicans are so entertaining, always believing everything your party base tells you...and then turn around and wonder why the other side doesn't want to "work" with you when all you are doing is demanding everyone to see and think the same way as you, and then when you have no basis for argument you throw around the Constitution like it is an insult in the hopes that no one will notice when you completely disregard the rest of the Constitution that doesn't fit in with your beliefs....but nonetheless, thanks for playing....and I thought you were bored of this.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:57 PM

17 posts, read 28,624 times
Quote:

We don't need to wave it around at liberal rallies, there, Gus (oh, and the plural of "rally" is "rallies" there, Mr. "Let's Make English the Official Language".), because we a) know its contents fairly well, unlike you TeaTards. And b) Pretty much wrote it in the first place - the ideas contained within, aside from allowing slavery and Prohibition (Eighteenth Amendment) are liberal ones.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:13 PM

4,531 posts, read 8,825,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse615 View Post
We don't need to wave it around at liberal rallies, there, Gus (oh, and the plural of "rally" is "rallies" there, Mr. "Let's Make English the Official Language".), because we a) know its contents fairly well, unlike you TeaTards. And b) Pretty much wrote it in the first place - the ideas contained within, aside from allowing slavery and Prohibition (Eighteenth Amendment) are liberal ones.

About the ONLY thing the Founding Fathers have in common with the Blue States in the East are geographical.

Tea Tards? Not bad for an I.Q. of 76.

GL2

Old 01-12-2012, 04:46 PM

103 posts, read 166,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
We have accepted the fact that we live in a big, safe, and secure city thanks to very strict anti-gun laws and a vigilant police force. We like it that way and we don't want no redneck telling us how to live.

Protecting yourself is different from murdering someone at your own discretion. When you talk about "killing an intruder" it's no different from saying you'll blow someone's head off just for stepping foot on your property. There is a difference between using deadly force to protect yourself when your life is actually threatened and just murdering someone because it makes you feel good.
If someone breaks into my home, yeah, he's not walking out...

Old 01-13-2012, 08:56 AM

17 posts, read 28,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
About the ONLY thing the Founding Fathers have in common with the Blue States in the East are geographical.

Tea Tards? Not bad for an I.Q. of 76.

GL2
That's a lot of hot air masquerading as a profound statement. And actually points to the same arrogant elitism that people like you foist so often on us East Coasters. What makes you, as someone from Texas (I take it) - a region not a part of the republic at it's establishment, so certain YOU and yours have anything more in common with the Founding Fathers? In fact, at least we have common geography; you have NOTHING. You act as if there's some magical time machine available only to Middle Americans, to go back to the eighteenth century and actually speak with these men. But that's nonsense. You have no more insight into their inner thoughts or intentions than anyone. The facts on the ground are that they were very much bookish intellectuals - some went to Ivy League schools (Adams, Madison). Hey, some of them even spoke French (Jefferson and Franklin, for instance) – which, I'm sure, curdles your fried-food filled stomach. What, you think the concepts outlined in the Declaration and Constitution just sprang up out of nowhere? I guess it makes sense, since you were probably taught that humans just sprang up out of nothing. No, these guys knew their Locke, Hume, Kant and Voltaire. Nothing in common but geography (one of the subjects I'm all but sure you're fairly weak on, btw)? Aside from wearing powdered wigs, I'd say we still have a hell of a lot in common with them. To make a further point - they, like the East Coasters today: had a close connection with Europe and may have traveled there extensively; often spoke more than one language; read copiously; often sat indoors for long periods, discussing philosophy and ideas; didn't care much for, or know anything about NASCAR. I'd love to continue this battle of wits Gunluvver2 ("luvver" - I guess that passes for clever in "Two-and-a-half-Men" country), but I won't attack an unarmed man.

Last edited by Jesse615; 01-13-2012 at 10:20 AM..

Old 01-13-2012, 11:25 AM

125 posts, read 237,790 times
Considering the restrictive gun laws and denial of Individual Liberty in NYC, Mass., etc., maybe the South won the Civil War after all.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:48 AM

142 posts, read 258,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblue123 View Post
If someone breaks into my home, yeah, he's not walking out...
Actually, odds are, he is, unless your house is booby-trappped or guarded by chow-chows. Let's not forget that most burglars try to insure that nobody is home, or at least that nobody is awakened.

Chows, man. I didn't even bother to lock my doors when I had one.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Considering the restrictive gun laws and denial of Individual Liberty in NYC, Mass., etc., maybe the South won the Civil War after all.
Sure. OK. Whatever any of that is supposed to mean.

Because gun laws and real estate taxes are the only measures of individual liberty, and you can somehow win a war of succession 100 years after the fact by having a slightly different legal code than other entities in a federal system.

Now, if you looked at the flow of federal tax dollars, then you might have a point there.

Except for the part where all of the movement back and forth and successive waves of European immigrants makes it silly to talk in terms of antebellum America.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:24 PM

Remember the Whiskey Tax Rebellion lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City