Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 04:06 PM

125 posts, read 238,897 times

Advertisements

I don't understand why you people in New York have laid down like sheep and won't fight for your rights.

Your state has some of the most anti-American, unConstitutional gun control laws imaginable, and you're content to live with them.

You people ever heard of the 2nd Amendment? Why do you elect legislators who impose these kind of laws?

Here's a link to a story that ought to make every New Yorker ashamed.

Marine | New York Gun Law | Prison Sentence | The Daily Caller

If you people in "The Empire State" had enough courage to fight for your God-given rights, this kind of nonsense wouldn't happen.

What's wrong with you people in New York?

You're a bunch of sheep...

mistergus75
Houston, TX

Last edited by mistergus75; 01-07-2012 at 05:18 PM..

Old 01-07-2012, 04:13 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
New Yorkers are very passive people very different compared to New Yorkers who supported the American Revolution and those who rioted against city and federal authorties during hte draft riots of 1863. The government fears anything revolutionary coming out from New York. Sad that regular New YOrkers cant own guns, most New Yorkers that have guns have them from out of state especialyl from the south which are usually stolen or purchased with the help of relatives.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:28 PM

573 posts, read 1,462,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergus75 View Post
I don't understand why you people in New York have laid down like sheep and won't fight for your rights.

Your state has some of the most anti-American, unConstitutional gun control laws imaginable, and you're content to live with them.

You people ever heard of the 2nd Amendment? Why do you elect legislators who impose these kind of laws?

If you people in "The Empire State" had enough courage to fight for your God-Given rights, this kind of nonsense wouldn't happen.

Sheep...

mistergus75
Houston, TX
Houston, TX?? LOL your speech is so ignorant and stupid that I can't even believe that you are talking seriously

Old 01-07-2012, 04:48 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,250,384 times
I can understand that he is upset cuz the guy he is talking about could face up to 10 years in prison but he could have left out the stupid "God-Given rights" nonsense.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:04 PM

573 posts, read 1,462,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
he could have left out the stupid "God-Given rights" nonsense.
exactly my point, plus those dumb cowboys need to stop with that NRA propaganda, we don't live in the 1800's anymore, the pioneers days are over and all those rednecks really should uplift and update their state of mind (although I highly doubt they do have the intellectual abilities to do it )

Old 01-07-2012, 05:04 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,670,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergus75 View Post

If you people in "The Empire State" had enough courage to fight for your God-Given rights, this kind of nonsense wouldn't happen.

Sheep...

mistergus75
Houston, TX
I'm sure your advice is very valued here. I can't think of anything else we need than some guy from redneck country telling NYers how to live.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:05 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,670,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy93 View Post
exactly my point, plus those dumb cowboys need to stop with that NRA propaganda, we don't live in the 1800's anymore, the pioneers days are over and all those rednecks really should uplift and update their state of mind (although I highly doubt they do have the intellectual abilities to do it )
They don't need to stop, just keep it down south where it safe from infecting New York.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:10 PM

1 posts, read 5,857 times
I don't know which is worse NY or ILL. They both restrict the 2nd amendment and you can't carry a gun. What would if they say said you couldn't drive your car over 50? And, get a prison vacation for it. How about if they put another $5.00 tax on your gas? Charged you $2000 a year for owning a car that got less than 35mpg? Something tells me the old New Yorkers would come running back with a vengance.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:13 PM

84 posts, read 249,962 times
This is why the most dangerous cities in the United States aren't here in the Northeast and are all down South. Look at cities like Birmingham, New Orleans, Richmond, Baltimore. Guns aren't good things Mistergus they KILL.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:14 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,769,797 times
"Ryan Jerome was enjoying his first trip to New York City on business when the former Marine Corps gunner walked up to a security officer at the Empire State Building and asked where he should check his gun..."

Frankly I cant believe someone was this stupid. You go to major tourist attraction in a city that was hit on 9/11 and ask where to check your gun? Where has he been living? Under a rock someplace in Indiana? This is ignorance to the highest degree. There have been, as the article cites, other recent instances of this so he should have know what the law is--a legal carry permit from another states isn't valid in New York. Ex-marine or not, he should get he book thrown at him just for being so stupid. Ignorance is NO excuse for breaking the law. This isn't a case of pro or anti gun rights. Its a case of someone too dumb or too arrogant to find out what the laws are regarding weapons and then whining when he gets punished for his own ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City