Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2012, 12:37 PM

168 posts, read 338,437 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

Wondering what folks can tell me about working early intervention and SEIT careers in New York City. I know some things about the field, including a little about the recent budget cuts. I am looking for more specific information from those who work as teachers/therapists.
  • how many hours a week do you work?
  • how much of that time is spent driving from place to place?
  • do you work for yourself or with an agency? anything to say about either?
  • what do you wear to work?
  • what do you love/not like so much about the field?
  • do you work in homes only? centers only? both?
  • how long are your sessions?
  • do you think the field is flooded?
  • is it easier to get a position if you are bilingual?
  • how is salary determined?
This thread is not so much to ask for advice, but more like a survey so any and everything you can tell me about these two related tracks within early childhood special ed would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City