U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-17-2012, 05:49 PM

925 posts, read 725,954 times
Default NYC Restaurant Week on NOW!!

From Jan. 16 to Feb. 10, Monday-Friday only

Full details here

Hubby and I going to a show at Irving Plaza midweek and would love to take advantage of this.

Please rank your top 5 Restaurant Week picks, in terms of quality/value for the money. (Preferably ones from which we can get to our show fairly quickly)
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 01:24 PM

925 posts, read 725,954 times
Seriously? Nobody has any advice on finding a good restaurant on this list??

Old 01-18-2012, 01:32 PM

8,752 posts, read 9,214,497 times
I wouldn't be so quick to take restaurant advice from the likes of many of these commentors..so be careful what you wish for. Regarding restaurant week, I got a really good laugh from the first Bronx restaurant week this past November: Savor The Bronx

Come to the Bronx and try our local cuisine at some of our best restaurants, like Applebees, Hardrock,and the Crosstown Diner! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Truly an embarassment for the borough....a low point indeed. And of course, the thanks goes to none other than Ruben Diaz....the epitome of embarassment of the Bronx (well him and his democratic criminals).

Old 01-18-2012, 01:36 PM

12,136 posts, read 11,325,881 times
Brooklyn has great places to eat, we are very happy campers here.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:38 PM

8,752 posts, read 9,214,497 times
We also have great places to eat, but our lovely Borough President Ruben Diaz seems to think Applebees and the Hardrock qualify as local Bronx food New Yorkers must come to the Bronx and try! Really? What a damn bozo...my only solace is knowing he has topped out in his career and no other higher office is in his future...ever.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:40 PM

2,668 posts, read 2,964,580 times
I really don't like restaurant week. I prefer to dine when the places aren't inundated with people looking for a deal and when I can choose from the full menu. I usually find the food to be better quality when it is NOT restaurant week as well.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:35 PM

6,321 posts, read 4,058,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
We also have great places to eat, but our lovely Borough President Ruben Diaz seems to think Applebees and the Hardrock qualify as local Bronx food New Yorkers must come to the Bronx and try! Really? What a damn bozo...my only solace is knowing he has topped out in his career and no other higher office is in his future...ever.
Really? Not even a mention of City Island? Applebee's can kiss me where the sun don't shine. On 3 consecutive occasions, at 3 different Applebee's, I have had nothing but bad experiences. Everytime we pass one, my daughter says, "Hey mom, wanna go to Applebee's?" and then she laughs . And she's only 10 yo.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:49 PM

3,247 posts, read 3,045,736 times
Perhaps you would have had more responses had you included the location of Irving Plaza. Or if you'd said something about your food preferences.

Personally, I'd likely pick a Danny Meyer restaurant like Gramercy Tavern or 11 Madison Park, if they're participating.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:21 PM

755 posts, read 1,277,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Personally, I'd likely pick a Danny Meyer restaurant like Gramercy Tavern or 11 Madison Park, if they're participating.
Eleven Madison Park hasn't participated for several years now.

I had a very nice Restaurant Week lunch at Maialino last year. It's also a Danny Meyer restaurant and close to Irving Plaza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City