Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 01:11 PM

172 posts, read 389,539 times

Advertisements

Wow... sounds like a double standard. They arrest patriots (I consider Tea Party people literally patriots) for exercising their Second Amendment rights, yet the gangs all over NYC get to continue in their filth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 01:18 PM

81 posts, read 126,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
except for the expensive part most of what you said they do is not true.

you give no financial information.

references are given but no one i know ever had any reference called, not even me when my wife applied for hers.

background checks better be thorough

and no one shows up on your block to talk to your neighbors.

where do you folks get this stuff?.

Yes, some applicants are required to submit financial information including pay stubs and bank statements.

I had to submit paystubs and notarized affadvits not to take the firearm to my place of employment.

My uncle had to submit past financial statements for his permit

Police DO come by your block from your precinct

It is more difficult to get a handgun permit in NYC than getting a clearance in the military, and no law abiding citizen outside of the aristocracy (celebrities, pols) get a carry permit.

What are you talking about?

Old 01-21-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicoz View Post
Wow... sounds like a double standard. They arrest patriots (I consider Tea Party people literally patriots) for exercising their Second Amendment rights, yet the gangs all over NYC get to continue in their filth.

Exactly, you think MS-13 members are going to take multiple days off from work to go to 1PP to submit purchasing order paperwork and have their firearms inspected?

Do you think they abide by the 10 rd magazine limit or 5 rd limit for long guns?

I wonder if the Bloods get their rifle/shotgun permit, yea you need one of those at $250 plus to have a shotgun or rifle, you know those things you can get in about 10 minutes out of walmart in the rest of the state and country.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:24 PM

How NYC can deny a NYS issued Concealed Carry permit is insane.

Oh wait, you can actually get it validated by the City but your chances of that are slim to none unless you are a celebrity, pol, or supremely wealthy.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:55 PM

106,673 posts, read 108,833,673 times
im just curious if you have a ny permit because you dont seem to realize quite a bit about the system?

new york state issues many classes of permit. full carry and residence are the 2 types utilized in new york city.

new york city isnt denying a full carry permit holder from carrying. they are issuing you a ny state residence permit. its a totally different permit with different rules...

you can try to show cause for a full carry but if denied you dont get a residence permit as a 2nd prize.

very few reasons are accepted for full carry and that right to be very strict about who gets it comes right from the supreme court as constitutional.

Last edited by mathjak107; 01-21-2012 at 02:55 PM..

Old 01-21-2012, 02:01 PM

106,673 posts, read 108,833,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb350 View Post
Yes, some applicants are required to submit financial information including pay stubs and bank statements.

I had to submit paystubs and notarized affadvits not to take the firearm to my place of employment.

My uncle had to submit past financial statements for his permit

Police DO come by your block from your precinct

It is more difficult to get a handgun permit in NYC than getting a clearance in the military, and no law abiding citizen outside of the aristocracy (celebrities, pols) get a carry permit.

What are you talking about?

financial statements and bank records only come into play for a restricted business permit or carry because your showing cause as to why you want one and that money is your sole basis.

i have been helping people get permits for over 20 years and no one needed a financial statement that wasnt going for a carry.

i never knew anyone either that was denied for any other reason then their record or blemishes they either failed to rember or disclose. you dont have to be convicted, just arrested can be reason enough if it includes a plea bargain down to a ticket or something not criminal..

of course they told family members they were denied because of their zip code. i knew the real reason but their family werent told the truth.

as far as getting a residence permit with target and hunting endorsement nothing could be easier unless you have blemishes on your record.

Last edited by mathjak107; 01-21-2012 at 02:19 PM..

Old 01-21-2012, 03:09 PM

142 posts, read 259,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicoz View Post
Ah yes, those gangs "all over" NYC. I picture crips and bloods rolling in excrement on Times Square.

Clearly, you are not familiar with stop and frisk procedures, among other things that actually happen in the real world of urban policing.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:45 PM

160 posts, read 198,241 times
Actually, as a single female, I must say I've never felt (or been) as safe from crime as in my 20 years of living in New York. Of course I do lock my front door.

I like shooting handguns quite a lot. Not because I ever want to shoot a human being; I just tried it once and turned out to be extremely good at it, and it's kinda fun to be able to shoot like a Navy SEAL. Makes me feel better about getting out-bunny-hopped playing FPS videogames.

However, I have seen how other people shoot. Man. I can't say I'm unhappy nobody is doing it around where I live. Seriously.

Oh, and please, anybody quoting any Constitutional amendment should not leave out parts essential to the meaning. Really. That's dishonest. The Second Amendment -- and I'm quoting from memory, so don't jump on me about one or two commas -- says something very like, "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Sure, the Heller (split; heavily political) decision of 2008 is predicated on the notion that the framers didn't really mean to start the sentence the way they did; or if they did, we can just ignore that because they're not around. I rather think they did mean what they said, and that the Supreme Court is supposed to decided whether things are constitutional, not ignore what the Constitution says. But regardless of what I think, that's what the Second Amendment says (give or take some punctuation). If you're going to quote it, actually quote it. Or don't quote it. But don't selectively quote half the sentence. He who does that through ignorance should be less ignorant; for purposes of deception, well, no should's will stop that man; but he must wait until the populace is illiterate, and the Constitution no longer taught in public schools, to get away with it.

(Come that bad day, worse will have befallen the demos by far than that. May none of us nor our grandchildren live to see it.)

Last edited by sywi; 01-21-2012 at 07:08 PM..

Old 01-22-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
im just curious if you have a ny permit because you dont seem to realize quite a bit about the system?

new york state issues many classes of permit. full carry and residence are the 2 types utilized in new york city.

new york city isnt denying a full carry permit holder from carrying. they are issuing you a ny state residence permit. its a totally different permit with different rules...

you can try to show cause for a full carry but if denied you dont get a residence permit as a 2nd prize.

very few reasons are accepted for full carry and that right to be very strict about who gets it comes right from the supreme court as constitutional.

Yes, I have the almost 500 dollar green card. I know exactly how the permit system works.

NYC DOES deny full carry permit holders because if you have a NYS CCW permit it is not valid in NYC, so a city law is trumping a state law.

A law abiding citizen shouldnt have to beg and "prove" a "need' for full carry validation when we have a right to self defense

NYCs restrictive practices have not been challenged for the obvious reasons of major cost and stress of trying to do so which most average citizens cannot do

Old 01-22-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
financial statements and bank records only come into play for a restricted business permit or carry because your showing cause as to why you want one and that money is your sole basis.

i have been helping people get permits for over 20 years and no one needed a financial statement that wasnt going for a carry.

i never knew anyone either that was denied for any other reason then their record or blemishes they either failed to rember or disclose. you dont have to be convicted, just arrested can be reason enough if it includes a plea bargain down to a ticket or something not criminal..

of course they told family members they were denied because of their zip code. i knew the real reason but their family werent told the truth.

as far as getting a residence permit with target and hunting endorsement nothing could be easier unless you have blemishes on your record.

No, prior to the interview where you sit for hours at 1pp you recieve a letter in the mail with a checklist of required items to bring to the interview.

Some are checked off and others are not.

For my interview i needed to bring in paystubs and a notarized affadavit not to bring the weapon to my place of employment,

My uncle, also applying for a residence permit, had to bring in bank statements for his interview.

Now, i don't know why the licensing division wanted this information but if i did not bring it i'm sure i wouldve been denied my permission card.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City