U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 04:24 PM

400 posts, read 832,348 times

Advertisements

Ray Kelly is being asked to step down because of an anti-muslim movie he participated in and the movie was shown during counter terrorism sessions.

On top off that his son is being investigated for a possible rape he is accused of.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg has 100 percent confidence in Police Commissioner Ray Kelly - NYPOST.com

Looks like they will be joining the likes of the exalted Bernard Kerik.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 04:40 PM

8,389 posts, read 19,628,289 times
Kelly needs to go ASAP ,not because of any anti muslim crap or because his son is a bully who might be a rapist but because there are a lot of problems in the NYPD that he is unwilling to deal with.His leadership is non existent and the NYPD need a complete overhaul.It's bad,as corrupt as ever.

re the rape claim: no idea whether true or not but I have heard that he has a history of bullying since high school so the personality disorder may be there.

Speaking of bullies.....they say boys turn out to be bullies and learn how to relate to women by learning from their fathers.Like father like son maybe.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:26 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,424,731 times
If he knew the nature of the film when he participated in it, and if, to compound that, he knew his department was lying about his involvement, he needs to go.

The accusations against his son? It's true that abuse can be learned/observed, but it's also true that the children of wonderful people sometimes do awful things. And he's innocent until proven guilty. Although accusations against the police and their associates never seem to be proven to a court's satisfaction, regardless of the evidence...

Old 01-26-2012, 05:29 PM

12,120 posts, read 27,537,106 times
does anyone note a hint of tension between newscasters and GK when watching the news? i don't feel comfortable giving names but it seems that GK doesn't like listening to one of the other newscasters or he kind of dismisses what they have to say in a non verbal manner. just an observation

anyway i had no idea that GK was a bully or his dad.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:30 PM

12,120 posts, read 27,537,106 times
RK never seemed like a bully type to me

Old 01-27-2012, 06:53 AM

15,230 posts, read 23,756,652 times
I am not really believing this whole rape story. Haven't we heard this crap over and over with these girls claiming this to public figures.

The story does not even make sense. Number one, since she "supposedly" just met him, yet has a boyfriend yet had sex with GK "supposedly", (that really tells me a lot about here character), then supposedly gets knocked up, has abortion all back in October, NOW she files a complaint after telling her BF about this. Her BF "supposedly" calls Ray Kelly and tells him this............

I am only hoping this is all lies and when GK gets off on this he sues the crap out of her and puts her dumb self in jail. These girls have to realize that is serious and can't go around making false accusations.

Didn't Justin Bieber just have a similar scene happen to him, with anotherr dumb ass chick claiming he was the father.... yet he did nothing to her. i would have her put in jail for defamation of character.

When will these guys in the public eye wake up and realize that these low life girls will sell them down the river.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:40 AM

2,898 posts, read 4,931,279 times
Apparently Gregg Kelly grilled the DA -Cy Vance- on his monday show, about letting DSK off the hook too easily on his alledged sexual assualt charges. Two days later, the future of this guy is on the hands of his interviewee for alledged sexual assualt charges.

Oh the irony!

Old 01-27-2012, 07:44 AM

8,750 posts, read 15,555,711 times
Ray Kelly needs to go...this department is in bad shape and there is a total lack of real leadership. Hopefully the new administration will bring real change and real leadership which will release us from this police state and engage the community, not harass and criminalize. Only time will tell....

Old 01-27-2012, 08:19 AM

75 posts, read 123,341 times
I agree with nightcrawler. I do not believe the story.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:33 AM

8,750 posts, read 15,555,711 times
Who knows whether this story is true. What I can say is that all the son's of cops I went to school with were generally bad kids...and did whatever it is they wanted, because their parents always got them off the hook. They had little respect for anything or anyone, and there is no doubt GK was raised the same way as his father is the epitome of old school NYC cop.

And if you don't know what that means...be thankful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City