Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 11:12 PM

46,001 posts, read 34,999,545 times

Advertisements

UNDERCITY New York City urban exploration w STEVE DUNCAN, dir. Andrew Wonder - YouTube

Figured I would share this video, being an architecture and city nerd, it is just amazing to see some of the under city areas that he has explored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 12:50 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,936,342 times
Your a little late buddy, I posted this a year ago. SOme cool stuff though if you ask me.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...ever-sees.html

Old 01-28-2012, 01:05 AM

That's cool, I saw it a year ago too. Saw it again on another forum and figured I would post it here...besides, it is a pretty great video and worth reposting.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:57 AM

400 posts, read 980,257 times
A grown man from some fly over state exploring the subway tunnels and acting like he "discovered' them.

Teenagers, homeless people, MTA Workers, the mole people, criminals and all other types of True Yorkers have been in those tunnels for the last 50 years. This is nothing New.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushingRepresenter View Post
A grown man from some fly over state exploring the subway tunnels and acting like he "discovered' them.

Teenagers, homeless people, MTA Workers, the mole people, criminals and all other types of True Yorkers have been in those tunnels for the last 50 years. This is nothing New.
Sorry you feel that way....but I still think it is a good video to watch from those who haven't been in those tunnels before....which I am guessing are most true New Yorkers who have never stepped foot in them or seen any of that.

As for the "flyover" comment, that just makes you sound like a shallow New Yorker and that is never pretty.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:11 PM

Paging all terrorists. This ‘Urban Explorer’ wants to help you! « d i e h i p s t e r . c o m

I think you'll find MORE than enough views on this dweeb

Old 01-28-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Sounds like you have your underwear in a bunch over nothing. I get it, our don't like the video or the idea that anyone might want to explore such areas without being a terrorist. Personally I would love going on guided explorations of such places, it is really neat seeing how the city functions.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sounds like you have your underwear in a bunch over nothing. I get it, our don't like the video or the idea that anyone might want to explore such areas without being a terrorist. Personally I would love going on guided explorations of such places, it is really neat seeing how the city functions.

Go to college for geology and work for the MTA. All the tunnel surfing you can do.

Or you can call master splinter and he can guide you through everything for a fee.... I lost his number tho.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Go to college for geology and work for the MTA. All the tunnel surfing you can do.

Or you can call master splinter and he can guide you through everything for a fee.... I lost his number tho.
That sounds like a great idea! Thanks for all the helpful advice on a random YouTube video that I thought might be interesting enough to post in a related forum page....you know, if you don't care about things like this you can always no bother looking at the thread....but, that's just me.

Oh, and the line of work I have been studying for might actually put me involved with things like this from time to time hopefully because it is actually something that interests me.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:36 PM

669 posts, read 1,268,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That sounds like a great idea! Thanks for all the helpful advice on a random YouTube video that I thought might be interesting enough to post in a related forum page....you know, if you don't care about things like this you can always no bother looking at the thread....but, that's just me.

Oh, and the line of work I have been studying for might actually put me involved with things like this from time to time hopefully because it is actually something that interests me.
Don't worry about the dude from Flushing he seems to be having a bad day, but yea I seen this video a while back it's pretty ill imo. I'd love to explore the hidden parts of the city with my friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City