U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-06-2012, 09:49 PM
 
2,503 posts, read 3,519,513 times
Reputation: 1906

Advertisements

The system is designed that way on purpose. They give you enough rope to hang yourself. The weak minded fall for the trap and hang themselves. The power of free will. Use it wisely.

 
Old 02-06-2012, 10:31 PM
 
Location: Helsinki, Finland
5,473 posts, read 9,189,733 times
Reputation: 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
The system is designed that way on purpose. They give you enough rope to hang yourself. The weak minded fall for the trap and hang themselves. The power of free will. Use it wisely.
Well, opiates, barbs, benzos, SSRI and even illegal stimulants keeps Wall Street and the whole economic-technological system running.
 
Old 02-07-2012, 07:49 AM
 
8,750 posts, read 15,552,768 times
Reputation: 4168
No what the cops do is target select groups and provide them the rope, tie it around their necks, and dare them to make the wrong move...and wait and wait and wait...and eventually you get hung. We need new leadership in the police force, Ray Kelly needs to step down ASAP, and get some fresh blood in there and change the culture.

The toxic environment and corruption is nothing new, we just hear about it more often now thanks to cameras, videos, youtube, and some cops (finally) coming forward. Change will only come from the top, and until we get a community-friendly, real "protect and serve" culture, instead of the "us vs them"/harassment/etc.
 
Old 02-08-2012, 01:49 PM
 
791 posts, read 1,210,918 times
Reputation: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
hahaha!



touche! but my point is enforcing the law should not include using murder as a necessary device in the process of apprehension when there is no potential threat to the officer.




I believe that the idiot who teaches them to shoot at center mass should consult a sharpshooter (they have some in their SWAT units), because if cops were taught to shoot to disable and not to kill ,then maybe the NYPD could reduce the number of "accidental" deaths they rake in year to year. Do they even use tasers anymore? another efficient alternative to a bullet in cases such as the one of the teen cornered in his bathroom.
I'm no gun expert, but it's harder than one would think to shoot someone in the leg, whatever, and be sure of disabling them.

There are all kinds of non-lethal weapons that might be applied in this sort of situation. There's a 'gun' that shoots a big net that the target gets tangled up in. And, there's a kind of 'sticky foam' that can immobilize them.
 
Old 02-08-2012, 01:52 PM
 
791 posts, read 1,210,918 times
Reputation: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Man, that dude was selling more than just weed. Stop trying to down play his crimes. He was your typical, pants saggin', du-rag wearing, hip hop loving, wannabe gangsta/thug. He was living that street lifestyle. He was a hustla! A piece of trash who sold drugs and contributed to the ghettoness in the neighborhood. The streets are just a bit safer without him. Sorry but no sympathy for the homie.
He was a kid who might very well have cleaned up his act. Many do, believe it or not.

And, I could give two toots on a kazoo about who buys, sells, or uses drugs. I don't; such people don't bother with me.
 
Old 02-08-2012, 03:55 PM
 
142 posts, read 218,885 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Man, that dude was selling more than just weed. Stop trying to down play his crimes. He was your typical, pants saggin', du-rag wearing, hip hop loving, wannabe gangsta/thug. He was living that street lifestyle. He was a hustla! A piece of trash who sold drugs and contributed to the ghettoness in the neighborhood. The streets are just a bit safer without him. Sorry but no sympathy for the homie.
I'll bet he didn't cry at his mother's funeral, either.
 
Old 02-08-2012, 04:06 PM
 
Location: Helsinki, Finland
5,473 posts, read 9,189,733 times
Reputation: 2411
Remember Allen Jones?

Comin back to Mott Haven
 
Old 02-08-2012, 04:11 PM
 
142 posts, read 218,885 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve View Post
I'm no gun expert, but it's harder than one would think to shoot someone in the leg, whatever, and be sure of disabling them.

There are all kinds of non-lethal weapons that might be applied in this sort of situation. There's a 'gun' that shoots a big net that the target gets tangled up in. And, there's a kind of 'sticky foam' that can immobilize them.
I just heard a talk show on the radio discussing the development and sale of the Glock. One of the points raised was that its light trigger pull is good for individuals who are weak shooters, and that one thing many people don't realize is the low skill level of most cops when it comes to shooting.

When they started carrying tasers and mace, I figured it would help cut down on unjustified shootings. Instead, because these are seen as non-lethal, they seem to be used rather indiscriminately at times.

There was a guy threatening to jump off the Woodrow Wildon bridge in DC one time. After many hours with the bridge closed, which created hellish trafic jams across the city, they finally shot him with a beanbag gun, knocking him down onto a waiting safety net. Then they published his name in the paper, which I thought must have been a death sentence for sure.
 
Old 02-08-2012, 04:17 PM
 
2,503 posts, read 3,519,513 times
Reputation: 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve View Post
He was a kid who might very well have cleaned up his act. Many do, believe it or not.



And, I could give two toots on a kazoo about who buys, sells, or uses drugs. I don't; such people don't bother with me.
You impose these "WHAT IF" questions. Could of, should of, but didn't. You never make decisions on "what if" questions. These are all assumptions you bring up. You are assuming this THUG would of cleaned up his act later in life, but YOU DON'T KNOW THAT! For all we know, he could of graduated and moved on to selling kilos of cocaine.

One acts according to how the situation presents itself in the present moment. And at that present moment, this kid was a THUG and DRUG DEALER well known to the cops with priors. HE HAS A CRIMINAL HISTORY. He WAS part of the problem Wakefield has. There's no 2 ways about. It's people like him and his kind that F' up the neighborhood. Good riddens. Absolutely no sympathy for that dude. As a matter of fact, other people in his neighborhood that do the same crap he was doing can get it too! We don't people of his kind roaming the streets and destroying neighborhoods.

This statement speaks volumes in the type of person you are. Just know that while you don't mind people selling or using drugs, DECENT people on the other hand DO MIND!

I wouldn't be surprised if you at one point of your life use to sell or use drugs since you can "relate" to his story and defend him.
 
Old 02-08-2012, 04:45 PM
 
400 posts, read 831,994 times
Reputation: 246
[quote=hilltopjay;22901512]You impose these "WHAT IF" questions. Could of, should of, but didn't. You never make decisions on "what if" questions. These are all assumptions you bring up. You are assuming this THUG would of cleaned up his act later in life, but YOU DON'T KNOW THAT!
Quote:
For all we know, he could of graduated and moved on to selling kilos of cocaine.
For all we know he could have been volunteering at the church, he could have been studying astrophysics, he could have been developing a cure for cancer.

Quote:
One acts according to how the situation presents itself in the present moment. And at that present moment, this kid was a THUG and DRUG DEALER well known to the cops with priors. HE HAS A CRIMINAL HISTORY.
Assumptions. Marty Markowitz is a convicted criminal (Markowitz first ran for Borough President in 1985, but failed to unseat the incumbent Howard Golden. Markowitz subsequently pleaded guilty to a MISDEMEANOR for failing to disclose a campaign contribution; he was fined and performed community service.) Is Marty thug for life now?


He WAS part of the problem Wakefield has. There's no 2 ways about. It's people like him and his kind that F' up the neighborhood. Good riddens. Absolutely no sympathy for that dude. As a matter of fact, other people in his neighborhood that do the same crap he was doing can get it too! We don't people of his kind roaming the streets and destroying neighborhoods.

Quote:
This statement speaks volumes in the type of person you are. Just know that while you don't mind people selling or using drugs, DECENT people on the other hand DO MIND!
You are the one who comes off as indecent and it speaks volumes in the type of person YOU ARE.

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if you at one point of your life use to sell or use drugs since you can "relate" to his story and defend him.
I wouldnt be surprised if your daddy is a murderous cop who kills people for kicks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top