U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 01:13 PM

6,909 posts, read 9,031,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjanna74 View Post
I agree this has gone too far.

My father WAS a cop. For 35 years and retired right after 9/11. He left because he couldn't take the BS anymore.

One of my brothers can retire any day now, the other has 3 years to go.

None of them have EVER had to shoot someone. My father never had to pull out his gun and neither has one of my brothers. The other only had to pull his out once because he was confronted with an armed robber.

Now before you go painting an entire police force with the same paint brush, I dare ask you, after people in my family being on the NYPD since 1966, and none of them having to pull a trigger once, you want to tell me they're all trigger happy??

Go to hell.
But what did they do to reign in their crooked colleagues? Did they just look the other way?

Old 02-09-2012, 02:28 PM

12,411 posts, read 15,936,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
How about giving some respect to the men and women, Italian, Irish and from all walks of life who risk thier lives as working Americans serving and protecting the public. Yes, Their are bad cops just like in any profession. The main thing I see wrong with the justice system is the people who kill cops and others despite having a rap sheet a mile long. Arrested 10 times for felonies? That is a life, not a disorder. That punk who shot a cop this past week was a career criminal who though shooting a person is funny. SEND HIM TO GUANTANAMO BAY. then he will see funny....

An easy way to avoid getting busted with a "minuscule" amount of an illegal substance is easy. Don't use. They break the law and expect a red carpet to be rolled out for them. B.S. I don't care about "oh, He/she came from a broken home." Want a good life and better memories? Fight for it! Build a good life. it does not come in the form of smoke, A pill or a bottle. Anger works when applied positively I have found.

There will never be a perfect system, And corruption will be around as long as humans are.

Jeez.
Yes. There is a big difference in the NYPD, before and after 911. They have cleaned up their act considerably. I used to live in a small NJ suburb and I found the NYP people that I have to interface with being very personable and professional - moreso than in that poor little Jersey town. Well, they should be. Their training is much better and the job is much more dangerous.

I agree with the poster's rant about the prosecution of people for weed, but if people feel this way we should strive to change the law. The police do what they do because the laws are what they are.

I think, if you are obeying the law, you have little to worry about and should feel much safer in living your life because of the NYPD.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I meant the people getting locked up for possession.

No, Someone should not be shot for that. They may have thought he was reaching for something. 2 sides to every story. There are bad people who get into every profession, From accounting to retail to law enforcement and politics. What I am saying in this thread is there are many great cops, And the easiest way to stay out of trouble is not to mess with things that get you there. How about just doing that? Do the vice, pay the price. I have been on Earth 36 years, And in NYC for about 30. Guess how many times I got locked up? Zero. And most I know personally just the same.
Yes, and do NOT associate with people who have questionable backgrounds. Avoid places frequented by them. This way you don't get framed by them. No guilt by association. Don't give people a reason to look your way.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushingRepresenter View Post

What Im saying in this thread is that there are VERY little great cops.

You can barely speak/right correctly. You should really re-read what you write.
Gee, Flushing,

I think you meant 'very few'.

I think you meant
'write' and not right.

Maybe you should look in your own backyard before you start pointing fingers?

Old 02-09-2012, 02:54 PM

7,901 posts, read 6,474,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushingRepresenter View Post
Ramarley Graham is probably in the same place officer PIGoski is....
[/color]
I was actually trying to understand some of what you have been saying to see your point of view, but this shows that you are just a piece of garbage. It is a shame that people like you exist at all.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:55 PM

10,324 posts, read 12,413,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Gee, Flushing,

I think you meant 'very few'.

I think you meant
'write' and not right.

Maybe you should look in your own backyard before you start pointing fingers?
I am starting with a dollar for the collection plate. Flushingrepresenter needs a BEER! Calm him/her/it down for a while.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
If the cops who abuse their power are not the majority, why don't the others bring them to justice? It is their JOB to do so, after all!
Cops are human. They are trained to be tough, but they get scared and have faulty judgment sometimes, just as you do. I think, considering the huge population and the amount and types of crime, it is a very harrowing job to be a cop in NY. I'm not saying that they can do no wrong. In a lot of cases they should be given the benefit of the doubt and maybe go for retraining and psychological counseling.

Yes, if there is proof of corruption, it is a totally different story and they should be prosecuted, with penalties worse than your average citizen would get because the public gives them more powers than the average citizen and they have even a greater mandate to act in an upright manner.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:41 PM

2,593 posts, read 3,726,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
But what did they do to reign in their crooked colleagues? Did they just look the other way?
That's what IAB is for.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Man, that dude was selling more than just weed. Stop trying to down play his crimes. He was your typical, pants saggin', du-rag wearing, hip hop loving, wannabe gangsta/thug. He was living that street lifestyle. He was a hustla! A piece of trash who sold drugs and contributed to the ghettoness in the neighborhood. The streets are just a bit safer without him. Sorry but no sympathy for the homie.
Maybe his demise will be a lesson for others not to follow that lifestyle.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:24 PM

400 posts, read 832,181 times
The NYPD costs the City Of New York hundreds of millions of dollars EVERY year with their ignorance of the law, outright and blatant disregard for peoples rights, abuse of authority and excessive force.

blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2010/10/city_spent_near.php

articles.nydailynews.com/2011-10-16/news/30303717_1_brooklyn-south-narcotics-detective-detective-sean-johnstone-drug-arrests

and the most recent one in todays paper.

NYC to pay $15 million to loiterers charged since 1983 - NY Daily News.

Every year when the budget is being done THEY SET ASIDE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of our tax dollars in anticipation for monetary damages against the NYPD.

This one is the most egregious.

Crack thugs sue city: Lawyers settle cop-abuse raps for $500K; same dealers score many times - New York Daily News

Thank you NYPD for costing us millions upon MILLIONS of dollars. You are beyond righteous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City